Official Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Thread (Traded to Michigan)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Peppe89 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Svi > Lance Stephenson

Also Svi is much better than his teammate from Kansas and #4 draft pick 2017 - Josh Jackson.

ehhhhh lets hold off on that. Jackson 2nd half of the season was no joke

Did you watch him in summer league? He was worse than a joke.

Did you watch him in NBA League? For half of a season? Bigger sample size and against NBA talent. Dude looked good @ 19/6/3

I'm well aware of his overrated second half of the season. They sat guys, tanked, and pretty much lost of all of their games. He had the green light to shoot all he wanted, and scored those 19 points at piss poor efficiency. That hitch in his jumper isn't going anywhere.

I'm not saying he can't be a good player still, but at this point, all he's proven is that he can probably be a solid role player, slash/playmake a little, and play some D. A future star doesn't bomb the way he did in his second year at summer league, where the good sophomores typically dominate. Call me when he shows he can consistently shoot the ball.

I just think it’s a little early to be proclaiming Svi is better than Josh Jackson at this point. Not saying anything more or anything less.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I just think it’s a little early to be proclaiming Svi is better than Josh Jackson at this point. Not saying anything more or anything less.

During the off-season, Lakers >>> everyone else.

During the regular season, it is much more chaotic.

--Anonymous
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

gotta love how attempts to correct message board grammar is used to deflect when there is no rebuttal to the actual point.....
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
gotta love how attempts to correct message board grammar is used to deflect when there is no rebuttal to the actual point.....

I think most people agree Jackson>Svi and it was more of a joke than deflection.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

It's really hard to base someone's game on summer league performance because when true NBA defenses begin to clamp down all the flair goes away. However I think Svi is going to be a very good utility player in a league that values great shooters.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
It's really hard to base someone's game on summer league performance because when true NBA defenses begin to clamp down all the flair goes away. However I think Svi is going to be a very good utility player in a league that values great shooters.

It's also hard to base someone's game on private workouts and combine performance but scouts do.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

He’s etter than “The Legend of Cedi Osman”, that’s for sure. Lakers fans are like, “What kinda cheese is that?” 🤣
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Hey, if it's good enough for the President?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

It's also hard to base someone's game on private workouts and combine performance but scouts do.

And they often get it wrong because they have to make assumptions that their play will carry over.

Still, they are better and the good ones get it generally right.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

And they often get it wrong because they have to make assumptions that their play will carry over.

When someone kills it at the combine or in private workouts, their stock goes up.

After the draft, if they kill it in summer league, then people say - ahh, but it's not a true measure of the real NBA.

If I had to pick out of the 3, I'd rather someone kill it in summer league than at the combine or private workouts.

Donte DiVicenzo killed it at the 2 day combine. Svi killed it in Summer League.

Same thing w/ Bonga. He probably really impressed in the private workout but didn't look too good in summer league. I'd rather it be the opposite - didn't look too good in private workouts but killed it in summer league.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:

It's like when you go out for sushi. You need a star (the fish) and you need something to elevate it (soy/yuzu/wasabi). Svi is The Wasabi.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

It's like when you go out for sushi. You need a star (the fish) and you need something to elevate it (soy/yuzu/wasabi). Svi is The Wasabi.
Wasabi Mykhailiuk
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Maybe he's the chopsticks?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Irregardless isn't a word.

But double negatives are so hot right now.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

"The problem is, when you blend those two words and get irregardless, you get a double negative. Check it out: the prefix –ir means not. The suffix –less means without. So the faux word irregardless means not without regards, which means the same thing as with regards."

It was made a word in 1927 because so many uneducated people kept using it incorrectly...so Webster was like '(bleep) it' give the morons their word so they can think they sound smart...it was an inside joke for intellectuals and linguists.

And yes...it was just a joke...hard to be grammar policing when I cant even spell.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Gotta lighten up bro...coming across insecure ain't a good look on a dude.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Wasabi. Perfect nickname.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

When someone kills it at the combine or in private workouts, their stock goes up.

After the draft, if they kill it in summer league, then people say - ahh, but it's not a true measure of the real NBA.

If I had to pick out of the 3, I'd rather someone kill it in summer league than at the combine or private workouts.

Same thing w/ Bonga. He probably really impressed in the private workout but didn't look too good in summer league. I'd rather it be the opposite - didn't look too good in private workouts but killed it in summer league.

Hmm. I’d actually rather a player killed it in combine or workouts. Sometimes, guys are working on new things, trying to correct areas of weakness, and doing it in a game setting that means nothing. In workouts, you are trying to showcase your best in a setting that means a lot more.

You’re using two examples which mean nothing. The Summer League MVP in 2014 was Elfrid Payton.

Frankly, I’d rather have someone who looked good in both.

But this is missing the point. The point is that we should not draw conclusions from summer league play. It means something, but certainly nowhere near everything.

I know that’s a boring take, but it is the right take.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Hmm. I’d actually rather a player killed it in combine or workouts. Sometimes, guys are working on new things, trying to correct areas of weakness, and doing it in a game setting that means nothing. In workouts, you are trying to showcase your best in a setting that means a lot more.

You’re using two examples which mean nothing. The Summer League MVP in 2014 was Elfrid Payton.

Frankly, I’d rather have someone who looked good in both.

But this is missing the point. The point is that we should not draw conclusions from summer league play. It means something, but certainly nowhere near everything.

I know that’s a boring take, but it is the right take.

These r solid takes.

You’d rather have someone who looked good in both combine, private workouts and summer league

And summer league doesn’t mean everything.

Gotcha.

Correct me if I’m wrong but every player drafted impressed some team in a private workout?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Why wasabi?
They don't even have real wasabi in America.
It's colored horse radish.
Maybe his nick should be "Green horse radish."
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

Wasabi. Wasab-Svi.

This needs to be a thing. I'm fully on board.
McSassy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Why wasabi?

They have real wasabi at some sushi spots lmao...I've had it a couple times in LA. They grate the root right in front of you with a special grater.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wasabi. Wasab-Svi.

Shouldn't it be WaSvi?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Wasabi. Wasab-Svi.

Shouldn't it be WaSvi?

As long as it's some variation of Wasabi, I'm in!
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

Wasabi sounds awesome
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

McSassy wrote:
epak wrote:
Why wasabi?

They have real wasabi at some sushi spots lmao...I've had it a couple times in LA. They grate the root right in front of you with a special grater.

Oh nice. Which one?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 42 of 79
Jump to: