OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1118, 1119, 1120 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Interesting. DO Ball, KUz, and Hart train together? What is the reasoning behind BI training solo? Was it just a seniority thing?

I'm just speculating here, but I think they just matched the new coach (Simon) with the rookies (Ball, Kuz, Hart). Thomas Bryant spent much more of his season in the G-League and I think they approach bigs a little differently, so he got matched up with Buechler. Keefe & Ingram had already been working together from the previous year and had made good progress, so there was no need to change that.

From what I've seen everyone gets individual work in, meaning that it's not against one of their teammates, whether it's at the practice facility or before a game. For example, media can get to Staples Center starting at 5:00pm for a 7:30pm game, so I'd always get there at that time, and the schedule was something like:

5:00pm - Kyle Kuzma w/Miles Simon
5:20pm - Ivica Zubac w/Jud Buechler
5:40pm - Lonzo Ball w/Miles Simon (note: this was interesting to me because Luke's media availability is at 5:45pm & I wondered if they wanted less media watching Lonzo so they put him at this time)
6:00pm - Tyler Ennis w/Miles Simon
6:20pm - Julius Randle w/Jesse Mermuys

I don't remember who was after that and I don't know who went and at what time before I got there, but the point is that they were getting individual work in with coaches, and then they have assistants who help out but aren't on the coaching staff. For example, this guy is one of my favorite people in the organization. He's about 6'9" or so, so he bangs with bigs when they're working on their post game or if they're working on Lonzo's finishing around the rim, he's the guy who rotates over to contest his shot. Really nice guy and they just brought him on full-time this year, I'm so happy for him. There are usually a couple of other people grabbing rebounds who are simialr to him.

That ended up being way more detail than you asked for, but I hope that's interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Practice wrote:
BBall Index

@The_BBall_Index
2m2 minutes ago
More
Brandon Ingram:

Perimeter Shooting: B
Slashing & BH: C+
Playmaking: C+
Post Play: D

Perimeter Defense: C+
Interior Defense: D+

Rebounding: B-

Overall Offense: B-
Overall Defense: C+

Still only 20 with tons of potential, raw offensively, look for him to make a leap this year

I think their grades are a little off. My ten cent evaluation (in parens):

Perimeter Shooting: B (C+)
Slashing & BH: C+ (A-)
Playmaking: C+ (B)
Post Play: D (D)

Perimeter Defense: C+ (C+)
Interior Defense: D+ (C)

Rebounding: B- (B)

Overall Offense: B- (B)
Overall Defense: C+ (C+)

I was thinking more along these lines as well.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Here's my bold prediction for Ingram:

He will be our clear second option and have a statline of: 20/5/5 on 48/37/72 in about 33 minutes per game.

Sounds about right

Maybe over a particular portion of the season. But no way he will average that for the season.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

He will be our clear second option and have a statline of: 20/5/5 on 48/37/72 in about 33 minutes per game.

Sounds about right

Maybe over a particular portion of the season. But no way he will average that for the season.

why is there "no way". This would be statistically less improvements then his first to second season
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Interesting. DO Ball, KUz, and Hart train together? What is the reasoning behind BI training solo? Was it just a seniority thing?

I'm just speculating here, but I think they just matched the new coach (Simon) with the rookies (Ball, Kuz, Hart). Thomas Bryant spent much more of his season in the G-League and I think they approach bigs a little differently, so he got matched up with Buechler. Keefe & Ingram had already been working together from the previous year and had made good progress, so there was no need to change that.

From what I've seen everyone gets individual work in, meaning that it's not against one of their teammates, whether it's at the practice facility or before a game. For example, media can get to Staples Center starting at 5:00pm for a 7:30pm game, so I'd always get there at that time, and the schedule was something like:

5:00pm - Kyle Kuzma w/Miles Simon
5:20pm - Ivica Zubac w/Jud Buechler
5:40pm - Lonzo Ball w/Miles Simon (note: this was interesting to me because Luke's media availability is at 5:45pm & I wondered if they wanted less media watching Lonzo so they put him at this time)
6:00pm - Tyler Ennis w/Miles Simon
6:20pm - Julius Randle w/Jesse Mermuys

I don't remember who was after that and I don't know who went and at what time before I got there, but the point is that they were getting individual work in with coaches, and then they have assistants who help out but aren't on the coaching staff. For example, this guy is one of my favorite people in the organization. He's about 6'9" or so, so he bangs with bigs when they're working on their post game or if they're working on Lonzo's finishing around the rim, he's the guy who rotates over to contest his shot. Really nice guy and they just brought him on full-time this year, I'm so happy for him. There are usually a couple of other people grabbing rebounds who are simialr to him.

That ended up being way more detail than you asked for, but I hope that's interesting nonetheless.

Very interesting. Thanks, as always, for the good info!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Was hoping he would workout with Drew Hanlen this summer. Lancaster is good tho
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

why is there "no way". This would be statistically less improvements then his first to second season

lebron james
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see him getting much playing time unless he can get down to 8% body fat

—- Magic (Probably)
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I think 20ppg is realistic.

He could’ve averaged that this year if he made his damn free throws.

With the easy buckets he’ll be getting off Lebron mixed in with the possessions he’ll get to create his own shot.

20 is pretty reasonable
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

lebron james

Lebron has always had a second option that put up points, DWADE/KYRIE. If Ingram can be the second guy (which I think he can), then why can't he average 20?

Not saying he's currently as good as Kyrie/Wade but they averaged well above 20 too (Kyrie: 22,20,25) and (Wade: 26,22, 21, 19).

Lebron is also older then he was now, wants to play off ball a bit more and not be the only creator. I think one of Kuzma or Ingram is going to be above 18 and I'd put my money on BI being the second option.

Maybe it doesn't happen but it's not a "no way", certainly a possibility that our second option gets around 20.

Last edited by Villain6Activated on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I think 20ppg is realistic.

He could’ve averaged that this year if he made his damn free throws.

With the easy buckets he’ll be getting off Lebron mixed in with the possessions he’ll get to create his own shot.

20 is pretty reasonable
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I just noticed the disclaimer statement on the bottom of the page is out of date.

By eight years.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

sirronstuff wrote:
I just noticed the disclaimer statement on the bottom of the page is out of date.

By eight years.

lol click on the Salaries link under LAKERSGROUND.COM , it's a throwback to the Kobe/Gasol Lakers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

It’s possible, it really depends if he wants to assert himself or try to let LeBron get his.
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:

By eight years.

lol click on the Salaries link under LAKERSGROUND.COM , it's a throwback to the Kobe/Gasol Lakers

I’m surprised. Isn’t LG supposed to be the biggest Laker related forum? You’d think updates would be easy to get volunteers for.

I end up at Lakersball mostly. The updated Club Lakers site basically. Super like the format, but nice to see other views once in awhile too.

Last edited by sirronstuff on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
sirronstuff wrote:

By eight years.

Ebanks and Caracter was the future.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

It’s possible, it really depends if he wants to assert himself or try to let LeBron get his.

I agree, I don't remember him being as assertive when ball dominant guys were on the floor with him (Clarkson, Lou). Only difference is Bron is ball dominant, but a willing passer.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

I agree, I don't remember him being as assertive when ball dominant guys were on the floor with him (Clarkson, Lou). Only difference is Bron is ball dominant, but a willing passer.

Big difference. I think LeBron and Rondo will be directing the kids to cut and move. Will be totally different scenario than JC.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

Big difference. I think LeBron and Rondo will be directing the kids to cut and move. Will be totally different scenario than JC.

While I agree with this, I think that manifests itself in a fairly evenly distributed way. LeBron or Rondo are going to pass to whoever's open. That's why I think Ingram's TS% is more likely to take a big jump than his PPG.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

While I agree with this, I think that manifests itself in a fairly evenly distributed way. LeBron or Rondo are going to pass to whoever's open. That's why I think Ingram's TS% is more likely to take a big jump than his PPG.

Agreed, @Mookie.. which is why I said Bron is a willing passer.

@GT I was thinking more along these lines as well, in addition he was practically at 18ppg before the injury, he's only a few points away from 20, which wouldn't be much of a stretch considering how many free throws he left on the table, and easier opportunities being generated with Bron and Rondo.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
mookielala wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Sounds about right

@GT I was thinking more along these lines as well, in addition he was practically at 18ppg before the injury, he's only a few points away from 20, which wouldn't be much of a stretch considering how many free throws he left on the table, and easier opportunities being generated with Bron and Rondo.

I realize you were making that point. Didn't mean to come off like I was disagreeing
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Gotcha.. all good.. @Mookie
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I think that's only considering one side of the ledger in the impact of being off of the ball more.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Fair point..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject:

This is still completely a growth year for Brandon for me. If he goes 15ppg this year, I’m not ruling out 20ppg and role expansion in year 4. He’s just that young to me
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1118, 1119, 1120 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1119 of 1885
Jump to: