Anthony Irwin Of Locked On Lakers (and other podcasts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I listen to all the lakers podcasts. He’s not my favorite, but he puts out content on the regular. His guests from other cities are always really good and insightful. The best Lakers podcast is hands down Lakers Film Room and the work Pete does. And I do love when he stops by to co-host with Anthony.

I honestly wish they had more female podcasting perspectives for sports and the lakers. Not counting Lakers film room, the other Laker podcasters are all the same with not a lot to offer but silliness, lack of depth and insight. I turn a lot of the episodes off half way through because it starts being frat house antics and really boring.

I do have to give them props for giving us fans something to digest while we wait through the off season. And having missed the post season a couple of years now, it’s neen nice to have Lakers stuff to listen to. And they do it for not a lot of money, because it’s their passion. So if you don’t like it, there’s always the option to turn it off. Or create your Own! 😉
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Mockerfab4 wrote:
I listen to all the lakers podcasts. He’s not my favorite, but he puts out content on the regular. His guests from other cities are always really good and insightful. The best Lakers podcast is hands down Lakers Film Room and the work Pete does. And I do love when he stops by to co-host with Anthony.

I honestly wish they had more female podcasting perspectives for sports and the lakers. Not counting Lakers film room, the other Laker podcasters are all the same with not a lot to offer but silliness, lack of depth and insight. I turn a lot of the episodes off half way through because it starts being frat house antics and really boring.

I do have to give them props for giving us fans something to digest while we wait through the off season. And having missed the post season a couple of years now, it’s neen nice to have Lakers stuff to listen to. And they do it for not a lot of money, because it’s their passion. So if you don’t like it, there’s always the option to turn it off. Or create your Own! 😉
Great post. I love the fact that there is such a large variety of Lakers fan content. Some of it is more deeply analytical. Some is more reactionary, and the styles and polish of the people who do it varies. But Anthony works hard to produce this stuff, and even if you don't like his style, you can certainly appreciate his enthusiasm and his effort.

Also, it's important to note that we have now entered the true dog days of the offseason. It's gonna go on for 6-7 more weeks. So we may need to be a little tolerant of these podcasts as they milk what little news there is into as much content a possible. I listened to a podcast episode today that was 100% dedicated to talking about Lance Stephenson, for crying out loud. But it shows the ferver of Laker Nation. And that's great.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I listened to a podcast episode today that was 100% dedicated to talking about Lance Stephenson, for crying out loud. But it shows the ferver of Laker Nation. And that's great.

Laker Legacy Podcast! They have quite a few "obscure" but great interviews, such as Lonzo's high school coach, and a reporter from Ingram's high school days as well. It's storytelling, Lance is a strange character, but he's OUR strange character and it's good to get some insight.

I was listening to Locked On Knicks for their report card on Michael Beasley, and they couldn't stop raving about what a cool guy and great father he is, and he was basically what they always wanted Melo to be. So I wouldn't mind a primer on all of the new guys from now until October.
LakerInToronto
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject:

I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

I couldn't believe how negative he could be podcast after podcast right after we got LeBron. The amount of time he's spent complaining about minor one-year deals is baffling to me - at least some podcasts Faigen was there to be the voice of reason.

Also, his overuse of puns is god awful. I had to unfollow him on Twitter because of them.
Lakers 5th Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I feel lucky with how much Laker content is available every day, but locked on Lakers and select silver Screen and Roll articles, I have to skip.

I've tried, but every time I listen to or reading articles by Irwin I end up regretting it. More than the humor, its just the way he keeps harping on a decision made by the Lakers front office and just can't help finding a way to bring it up ever--single--time. Last year it was D'Angelo, this year it looks like its going to be Lance Stephenson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: