Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker Film Room Podcast: Summer League Thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/summer-league-thoughts

Nice work Pete...I think Rondo is the guy (vet) that will be able to hold LeBron accountable. I also think LeBron is much more approachable than Kobe for example so I dont think there will be need to hold him accountable because he sets the tone as a teammate as demonstrated by little things like showing up to SL to support.

LBJ creates the team buy in because he sees himself as a part of it rather than above it which seems to be the discussion concern.

LBJ at 32 to 34 minutes is perfect and I'd be shocked if he created the environment where anyone would be afraid of him. Just my 2 pennies.

Yeah, Rondo's definitely that guy this year, and hopefully that acts as a bridge to allow the younger guys to do it in the future.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Video: JaVale McGee gives the Lakers a vertical threat

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/20/17593584/javale-mcgee-lakers-vertical-threat-laker-film-room-video
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Video: JaVale McGee gives the Lakers a vertical threat

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/20/17593584/javale-mcgee-lakers-vertical-threat-laker-film-room-video

Good stuff, really liked this one. Could we get a breakdown of his D as well?
Oh, and FWIW, with as raw as our team is, I think it's always a good thing when you can sign championship veterans that will actually play with the team . . . when the young guys can look at LBJ, McGee, Rondo etc and see them calm in the 4th quarter of a tight game, that can be big
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Article: How LeBron, Rondo and Lonzo will get their assists in L.A.

Quote:
Rondo’s prolific aptitude in unstructured situations reveals a broader intention to the construction of the Lakers’ roster. He and Lonzo Ball will be 48 minutes of amalgamated urgency, relentlessly exploiting defensive disorder. The Lakers will try to mentally and physically exhaust their opponents by denying them respite. Instead of seeking Ball’s stylistic antithesis in free agency, they chose to double down.

https://theathletic.com/443605/2018/07/24/laker-film-room-how-lebron-rondo-and-lonzo-will-get-their-assists-in-l-a/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Article: How LeBron, Rondo and Lonzo will get their assists in L.A.

Quote:
Rondo’s prolific aptitude in unstructured situations reveals a broader intention to the construction of the Lakers’ roster. He and Lonzo Ball will be 48 minutes of amalgamated urgency, relentlessly exploiting defensive disorder. The Lakers will try to mentally and physically exhaust their opponents by denying them respite. Instead of seeking Ball’s stylistic antithesis in free agency, they chose to double down.

https://theathletic.com/443605/2018/07/24/laker-film-room-how-lebron-rondo-and-lonzo-will-get-their-assists-in-l-a/

That's what I'm talking about.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast: The Dust Settles

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/the-dust-settles
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Just listened to it. Well done, as usual.

Listening to it actually revived my slowly-abating regret about letting Julius go. It seems like he'd be great for the type of system you describe as the one Magic seems to be aiming to have. Not as good on offense as what Beasley could potentially offer, but would offer solid playmaking, potential athletic mismatches, and a great component to an always-switching defense.

Logically, i know that there were multiple decision-making factors at work here: Julius the talent, Julius the player who might not mesh with Lebron as well as others, and Julius the contract. But seeing him go for nothing still hurts.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

This was sobering. Listening to you guys break down the potential weaknesses and flaws of this roster brought up a lot of the concerns about the roster that I repressed because I just wanted to enjoy LeBron being a Laker... pretty damn nervous about the Lakers on defense this upcoming season.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Video: LeBrondzo, God of Passing

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/27/17620374/lakers-video-lebron-james-lonzo-ball-rajon-rondo-best-passes-highlights-laker-film-room
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/27/17620374/lakers-video-lebron-james-lonzo-ball-rajon-rondo-best-passes-highlights-laker-film-room

Now that was fun!
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great as always. Interested in seeing potential "no center" lineups.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

This was sobering. Listening to you guys break down the potential weaknesses and flaws of this roster brought up a lot of the concerns about the roster that I repressed because I just wanted to enjoy LeBron being a Laker... pretty damn nervous about the Lakers on defense this upcoming season.

Nice podcast. I'm not that concerned about 3-point shooting or getting guys enough minutes, but I am concerned about defense a little. I don't think we'll be a bad defensive team, but it's more that I want us to be an elite defensive team. I think some of the tools are there, but the rest is a question mark.

I could see us struggling against teams with widebody centers like the Pelicans, Nuggets, T-Wolves, Nuggets and Jazz. Those teams will look to slow down the pace and get us into a 100-99 kind of game. I wonder how this roster will be able to win those games, especially in the playoffs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

That was awesome. Man, it feels like we're the passing version of the Warriors. Where they have 3 of the best shooters in the league, we've got 3 of the best passers. Zigging while everyone is zagging. Christ this season needs to start already...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice podcast. I'm not that concerned about 3-point shooting or getting guys enough minutes, but I am concerned about defense a little. I don't think we'll be a bad defensive team, but it's more that I want us to be an elite defensive team. I think some of the tools are there, but the rest is a question mark.

I could see us struggling against teams with widebody centers like the Pelicans, Nuggets, T-Wolves, Nuggets and Jazz. Those teams will look to slow down the pace and get us into a 100-99 kind of game. I wonder how this roster will be able to win those games, especially in the playoffs.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about the shooting either nor minutes. But defensively I think we lost two guys who contributed a lot (Randle and Brook) without really replacing their impact in any way.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

LBJ is going to be a point PF the rest of his career. He will be a better version of Karl Malone.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Good luck Dennis Schroeder!

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Good luck Dennis Schroeder!

That one made me laugh too.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Love the video - wondering in how many instances we "use" him as a roll man. He's such a great decision maker and you hate to take the ball out of his hands because of his superior, physical, and mental advantages.

But,

In order to lessen the wear and tear on his body over a season, putting the ball in Rondo or Zo's hands and allowing them to create isn't such a bad option at all.

and I think we have enough shooting to spread the floor so he has the space to operate.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Love the video - wondering in how many instances we "use" him as a roll man. He's such a great decision maker and you hate to take the ball out of his hands because of his superior, physical, and mental advantages.

But,

In order to lessen the wear and tear on his body over a season, putting the ball in Rondo or Zo's hands and allowing them to create isn't such a bad option at all.

and I think we have enough shooting to spread the floor so he has the space to operate.

I think it's killer when you have two guys who are great decision-makers in the pick & roll. When push comes to shove, LeBron's gonna have the ball in his hands in crunch time, but those creator-creator pick & rolls could be very effective throughout the game.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:

But,

I think it's killer when you have two guys who are great decision-makers in the pick & roll. When push comes to shove, LeBron's gonna have the ball in his hands in crunch time, but those creator-creator pick & rolls could be very effective throughout the game.

Good stuff, GT. Thanks. Love the service/analysis you provide!
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LBJ is going to be a point PF the rest of his career. He will be a better version of Karl Malone.

Karl Malone is an All-Time Great as a PF, but he never possessed the agility or ball handling that James has. It's exciting to see how this will all play out but we're going to be scary good once we start to click and learn our strengths.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Video: The Lakers have the best group of rebounding guards in the NBA

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/31/17633638/lakers-rebounding-guards-lonzo-ball-lance-stephenson-josh-hart-rajon-rondo-nba-laker-film-room
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks GT. Out of curiosity, why are the videos for Silver Screen and Roll on twitter instead of youtube?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Naf_srekaL wrote:
Thanks GT. Out of curiosity, why are the videos for Silver Screen and Roll on twitter instead of youtube?

Because they give me money in exchange for exclusive content.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 67 of 93
Jump to: