Lamar Odom safe after being caught up in shooting at NYC Hooters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

It was chronicled, trade talks bothered LO LINK Feeling disrespected has to do with ego.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It was chronicled, trade talks bothered LO LINK Feeling disrespected has to do with ego.
so jo, you are going to sit here and act like Lo's messed up life the parts he didnt cause, had nothing to do with his feelings being hurt? are you going to act like he didnt think the lakers were his family for real until he got traded(the first time.)?
Derozan getting traded the way he did sucked. but thats business. LO getting traded sucked, but thats business. the difference in their reactions have 100% to do with how their lives have fleshed out over the years and how serious events have shaped who they are. stop trying to act like you can't see that obvious point of view just to stick to your guns of "it was ego". he wasnt butt hurt. his heart hurt because he loved the lakers like his actual family.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:
so jo, you are going to sit here and act like Lo's messed up life the parts he didnt cause, had nothing to do with his feelings being hurt?
Nope
Quote:
are you going to act like he didnt think the lakers were his family for real until he got traded(the first time.)?
Nope
Quote:
Derozan getting traded the way he did sucked. but thats business. LO getting traded sucked, but thats business. the difference in their reactions have 100% to do with how their lives have fleshed out over the years and how serious events have shaped who they are
. Didn't say it didn't have an affect.
Quote:
stop trying to act like you can't see that obvious point of view just to stick to your guns of "it was ego". he wasnt butt hurt. his heart hurt because he loved the lakers like his actual family.
Didn't say he wasn't but hurt. My point was and is the trade rumors bruised LO's ego and contrbributed to his demise.
I wrote:
Quote:
If LO hadn't let his ego get in the way, stayed married to Khloe he wouldn't have been traded to Dallas. I think he would have been 6th man of the year again, at least once. The trade to Dallas was to much for him to handle. JMHO
You strayed from that. It was and is my position.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I feel badly for Lamar that his life has played out the way it has. Lamar's life has been a constant flux of bad decisions and tragedies. He's had an extremely rough go around. But he's been making bad decisions from very early on. There's no one incident that has set him on his course. It's been a collection of things over time and he has victimized himself much more than he has been a victim.

I wish him well on this next chapter in his life in China.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I feel badly for Lamar that his life has played out the way it has. Lamar's life has been a constant flux of bad decisions and tragedies. He's had an extremely rough go around. But he's been making bad decisions from very early on. There's no one incident that has set him on his course. It's been a collection of things over time and he has victimized himself much more than he has been a victim.

IA. His life has been filled with tragedies. Mother died of colon cancer, father not around much, grandmother who raised him died when he was young. I think the most tragic was his son, Jaylen, died of SID at the age of 6 months.

IMO the Lakers was his anchor. IMO the trade was the straw that broke a fractured back.

He could have made better decisions. Some he made were damaging.

kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
mookielala wrote:
"Dining" at Hooters?

Hooters is considered a family friendly restaurant in some places.

I always liked their frozen hot wings they sell in the supermarket
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

are we talking about the same guy? LO means Lamar Odom. the guy who lost his child.

You tell me what Lo has done that is worse then losing your baby? I'll wait.

you tell me whats has Lo done that's worse than losing your mom at a very young age? I'll wait

what's worse then having a drug addict father?

come on DMR. you're better than this.
Yes LO chose to smoke the weed and got caught twice early on in his basketball career.
but its pretty obvious why he was smoking weed to the point of getting caught. the dude was trying to self medicate. again, most people would be a lot worse off with his early tragedies pre child dying.

If LO was to go get counseling for his issues. he would first have to start with the passing of his mom, then move on to his drug addct father, then move on to the other stuff I named before he even got into "the herb, then then the snow white." LO would need a decade of sessions on that leather couch just to unpack his issues. and maybe an additional 10 years to get thru them properly.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:
so jo, you are going to sit here and act like Lo's messed up life the parts he didnt cause, had nothing to do with his feelings being hurt?
Nope
Quote:
are you going to act like he didnt think the lakers were his family for real until he got traded(the first time.)?
Nope
Quote:
Derozan getting traded the way he did sucked. but thats business. LO getting traded sucked, but thats business. the difference in their reactions have 100% to do with how their lives have fleshed out over the years and how serious events have shaped who they are
. Didn't say it didn't have an affect.
Quote:
stop trying to act like you can't see that obvious point of view just to stick to your guns of "it was ego". he wasnt butt hurt. his heart hurt because he loved the lakers like his actual family.
Didn't say he wasn't but hurt. My point was and is the trade rumors bruised LO's ego and contrbributed to his demise.
I wrote:
Quote:
If LO hadn't let his ego get in the way, stayed married to Khloe he wouldn't have been traded to Dallas. I think he would have been 6th man of the year again, at least once. The trade to Dallas was to much for him to handle. JMHO
You strayed from that. It was and is my position.
Jo, you're missing the point. he was already traded. there was no coming back from that. did you ever see Gasol the same? No. and he never performed like his old self. that should tell you something about that nixed deal. that nixed deal destroyed us in so many ways its not even funny. not only did we lose out on cp3 and the money savings. but we also added pissed off employees to the mix.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

IA. His life has been filled with tragedies. Mother died of colon cancer, father not around much, grandmother who raised him died when he was young. I think the most tragic was his son, Jaylen, died of SID at the age of 6 months.

IMO the Lakers was his anchor. IMO the trade was the straw that broke a fractured back.

He could have made better decisions. Some he made were damaging.
Its not that his dad wasnt around, its that his dad lived across the street from him, had no (bleep) idea it was his dad til later. Then as they got older, his dad just uses him and uses him. Thats got to completely mind (bleep) a person. Especially a person who's already (bleep) in the head from all the (bleep) he has been through.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

We have this same back and forth conversation just about every year when LO gets caught up in some BS. Smh
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
We have this same back and forth conversation just about every year when LO gets caught up in some BS. Smh

Yep. Only this time it's not LO's fault. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Yep. Only this time it's not LO's fault. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Guy gets in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Guy gets in the wrong place at the wrong time a lot.

Yeah, he's a living example of Murphy's law.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: