KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

KL knows LA. He is not from a village long lost from the World. Toronto is quite large in it's own right, plus it's market is nothing to ignore. Plus KL has been around the block, he is not coming off of the farm for the first time....
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

We The North! Kawhi's gonna love it in TDot!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Toronto is an amazing city, 4th biggest in North America and the support of the fans and the whole country will be infectious.
Raptors have the best and the most passionate fans in all of NBA. Plue Drake too baby!!!

Kawhi will definitely want to stay and I cant wait for the Lakers - Raptora finals for years to come!

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

He didn’t even leave his hotel room when the all star game was in Toronto because of the cold.

That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

That being true - I don't think anyone can predict what Kawhi will do based on what we know about him: like - what are his preferences in life. Because we don't know them and don't understand what might be those factors that will influence his decision…

Of course. But I found that story to be so hilarious. KL: trade me to sunny LA.

Pop: good luck in Canada MFer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how long it took for KL to leave Toronto after going there for his physical.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I wonder how long it took for KL to leave Toronto after going there for his physical.

I wonder if he asked the Raptors to do the physical at the airport, so he could cacth the next plane out(?)
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

For a minute, I thought I was on RAPTORS BOARD... Gee, this is NO different than PG13 thread & that's long gone as this should be, he's NOT a Laker!!!
HC: Riley
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

It would surprise me if KL elects to stay in Toronto next year. Forget about him wanting to be in LA, that city isn't even in the US, does he want to play in Canada? doubtful. It is also not the best team in the world, in particular after what they did with Demar Derozan. Do players on that team have resentment over how the organisation handles the trade? It looks to me Kyle Lowry sure does. Will he welcome KL with open arms? Probably not. Hell he might even got traded middle through the season.

There are so many problems and uncertainties around the raptors. If I am KL, I would want to stay away from that situation as far as practicable.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

In all honesty though - we're not even sure Pop did it in spite. At least - I think better of him, despite the fact he absolutely botched it with Kawhi thinking he is a little Timmy
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

At this point I won't even be looking at what Kawhi does in Toronto this year. I'm happy with our team. And there are PLENTY Of great FA available next year that improve our team tremendously.

Timing wasn't right for us to get Kawhi and I honestly doubt it happens next year.

I think everyone overestimates the impact of "coming home" because most people here have lived in the same place forever and don't have the experience of having a professional/personal/educational experience outside of their comfort zone.

These guys are all millionaires who have tasted life differently to most people and can be comfortable in most places. Kawhi wanting to go to LA was basically his way of forcing himself out of SA. He would have loved to come to the Lakers but his main goal was to get out of San Antonio (for whatever reason it may be). If Kawhi is treated well in Toronto and has a great season, he has a good chance of staying there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Pop is so cold.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

If KD and KL wanted to come to L.A., who would you choose right now?

I find it hard to gauge Leonard on this because he did not play for a whole year. I did start to give him the nod over Durant when he was healthy.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
Raptors coach is reporting a good first meeting with Kahwi.

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else.

KL wants to get paid next summer. As long as his injury doesn’t flare up, I think KL will ball out on the court and be a professional in his dealings with the Raps off the court.

He’ll come to practice on time, won’t miss flights, etc.

But he’s not going to all of a sudden become happy to be there. He’s a very different person than PG.

He’s much more sensitive, I am not sure how that would play out in a large market.

I don’t know if he’s more sensitive. He went scorched earth on the Spurs in a way that PG never did with Indy. KL and his camp have taken a rock solid “LA only” stance on re-signing, whereas PG’s camp said there were other options like Boston and the Cavs.

PG was also saying good things about OKC from the moment he got there, and was spending a lot of time with Russ from the jump. We’re not seeing anything similar from KL, as he’s only posed for one official pic and doesn’t seem to be hanging out with Lowry (or even talking to him ).

I was wrong about PG, as I thought he was just being “people pleaser Paul” when he spoke highly of OKC, but he clearly did enjoy it. I’m glad I didn’t waste any time worrying about him not coming to LA though. We’re much better off with KL.

The only time I started worrying about PG was right before FA when it became clear there was no way KL was going back to SA. At that point, I worried that PG signing as a FA would prevent us from getting KL next year, as we wouldn’t have any leverage to get him in a trade or caproom to sign him as a FA. I was concerned the Lakers would box themselves in by signing PG and end up with the inferior player. That’s why I think the Lakers stopped pursuing PG- they realized the same thing I did.

I don’t think it’s conincidental that all of the chatter about PG staying in OKC started around the time the KL trade rumors kicked into high gear.

However it played out, we dodged a bullet. If we get a healthy KL next summer, we are miles ahead of where we would have been with PG.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:

I find it hard to gauge Leonard on this because he did not play for a whole year. I did start to give him the nod over Durant when he was healthy.

Kawhi......when healthy is the best 2 Way player in the NBA and has more net impact on a game at his best than anyone in the league.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

As crazy as it might sound, being in a good situation might cause him to take $25 mil instead of $35 mil.

Ahh, so Klay is going to be perfectly fine with losing 40 million dollars on his next contract. Very insightful, we should be hearing of him re-signing with the Warriors any day now.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Kawhi......when healthy is the best 2 Way player in the NBA and has more net impact on a game at his best than anyone in the league.

Agreed
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
epak wrote:

I wonder if he asked the Raptors to do the physical at the airport, so he could cacth the next plane out(?)

LOL. I could understand why. He had important grocery shopping he needed to do in SD. However, the picture taken with the GM looked like it was at their training facility, so sadly it seems like the airport request was denied
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetical question #2:

If the Lakers win the chip this year, do you go after KL next year?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Yes. Altough you could make a case that someone like D.Jordan would be a better fit b/c If the Lakers win a championship it will be because of Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Zo developing into something special right now.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Most definitely
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
epak wrote:

Yes. Altough you could make a case that someone like D.Jordan would be a better fit b/c If the Lakers win a championship it will be because of Kuzma/Ingram/Hart/Zo developing into something special right now.

Would be foolish to spend money on DJ
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Hypnotically if we were to win a championship, I believe that would mean Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma all break out to a star level.

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

Again in theory, the only hole would be the C position. Regardless you dont say no to Kawhi if he is healthy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hypnotically if we were to win a championship, I believe that would mean Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma all break out to a star level.

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

Again in theory, the only hole would be the C position. Regardless you dont say no to Kawhi if he is healthy.

if the hole was not big enough to trip us up this year....why would it be a big concern next season? GSW's biggest weakness after 2016 Finals....but they went after Durant.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram
J.Hart
L.Ball

if the hole was not big enough to trip us up this year....why would it be a big concern next season? GSW's biggest weakness after 2016 Finals....but they went after Durant.

Great point

The question really has me thinking what all would have to go right to beat GS? Offensive break outs from Kuzma/Ingram/Hart isnt that unrealistic. The problem will be will play good enough defense to contend against GS/Rox.

Let's not forget LeBron nearly dragged a less talented Cavs team almost to 2 wins vs the Warriors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 615, 616, 617 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 616 of 878
Jump to: