Lakers 'Eager to See Our Version of the Death Lineup' with LeBron at Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 816

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
this "death lineup" name sounds dumb AF. Sh*t is overused.


agree, this name is like something a 6 year old came up with and thought it was cool.

Just a wild guess, this name was coined by a blog boy
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 14205

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

I don't think we'll truly know what our "death lineup" will be until after Xmas or the All Star game. It's one thing to call it on paper, and another to see it in action.

I think Luke will be experimenting with a lot of different line ups for the first 2-3 months. I think after 3 months, we'll have a better idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
"Death Lineup"

Can't we just call it our best lineup or our 4th quarter lineup? Why do we have to steal Golden State's nickname? It's not even a good nickname!
ok so i wasnt the only one who had this very same thought. not just gstates nickname. but I can't stand how all media nowadays have to steal everything all of the time. It kills the uniqueness in things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
I don't think we'll truly know what our "death lineup" will be until after Xmas or the All Star game. It's one thing to call it on paper, and another to see it in action.

I think Luke will be experimenting with a lot of different line ups for the first 2-3 months. I think after 3 months, we'll have a better idea.
we have so many interchangeable parts there wont be one great lineup. there will be multiple lineups depending on what team we're facing.

They had to use draymond at center because they never had a healthy real life Very good center playing more than 20 mins per. unless wagner or zu turns into monsters, we will have the same issue at center. but the difference is. we have multiple pf's that we can use at center to be stretch centers. not so with gstate. they only have draymond that can pull that off. and he's less of a stretch and more of a playmaking PF. that shot hasnt popped in sometime now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 11070
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Agree!! we should not be stealing GSW's Death Squad tag name. However, we do have Lance to annoy players to death...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Tick wrote:
I don't think we'll truly know what our "death lineup" will be until after Xmas or the All Star game. It's one thing to call it on paper, and another to see it in action.

I think Luke will be experimenting with a lot of different line ups for the first 2-3 months. I think after 3 months, we'll have a better idea.
we have so many interchangeable parts there wont be one great lineup. there will be multiple lineups depending on what team we're facing.

They had to use draymond at center because they never had a healthy real life Very good center playing more than 20 mins per. unless wagner or zu turns into monsters, we will have the same issue at center. but the difference is. we have multiple pf's that we can use at center to be stretch centers. not so with gstate. they only have draymond that can pull that off. and he's less of a stretch and more of a playmaking PF. that shot hasnt popped in sometime now.


Only none of them are the defender that Green is. I am not sure small ball will be that effective this season.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 198

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
this "death lineup" name sounds dumb AF. Sh*t is overused.


THANK YOU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB