Lakers Jersey Redesign?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

It would be kind of hard to mess up the Lakers jerseys because I think we have the best two colors you can have for a team.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
It would be kind of hard to mess up the Lakers jerseys because I think we have the best two colors you can have for a team.

they messed up by adding that useless black stripe on the side of the purple ones. Honestly the purple ones were always my favorites, kind of annoyed they had to mess with them.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

any leaks on the "city" edition yet?

So far I like the white ones the best. Still can't get over that dumb black stripe lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
is the "16" representing the championships gone from the back of the collar?

I haven’t seen them on the new ones. Looks like they got rid of it.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
is the "16" representing the championships gone from the back of the collar?

I haven’t seen them on the new ones. Looks like they got rid of it.

Cuz it'll be 17 soon
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

IMO, the new uniforms are entirely stupid. If I were to sum up the design in one word, I'd say these uniforms are "stagnant".

Seriously, what is up with Nike? For a company worth tens of billions of dollars, this is the best they can do? Yeah, some of last year's unis for other teams were good, but the majority of what they gave the NBA last season was garbage.

Sure, I love the Showtime era as much as anyone else, but why not save the that 80's blast from the past look for the occasional retro uni game? The fact is there is an entire generation of Laker fans who weren't even born in the Showtime era. Give that generation their own Laker uniform, reflective of here and now instead of 30+ years ago. I thought the organization's vision was towards the future, not the past, so why not come up with a new evolutionary design of the unis rather than a retread of an old design.

I've always thought the understated and elegant 60th anniversary white uniforms of the 07-08 team is the best Laker uniform ever. The Forum Purple was more of a deep purplish blue instead of the Barney Purple and the Forum Gold was actually gold which IMO were the best colors ever. The necks were V-necks instead of round, the blue piping was thin and subtle. IMO, they were just plain classy uniforms.

The one thing I would add is pin striping as an accent or incorporate into the Laker logo. It would be both subtle and elegant. Not just any old pin stripes, but something along the intricate lines of Von Dutch, Lyle Fisk, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth type design, reflective of So Cal's car culture.

My daughter's BF, a very talented tattoo artist, does pin stripes on arms and backs, so i'm sure the millennials would absolutely love a uniform with a great pinstripe design.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think the black will be as bad as people make it out to be. It’ll probably look decent with the black stripe on the matching shorts, which is there too. And the above poster mentioned art and pinstriping. Wouldn’t the black be the perfect spot to make it your own somehow?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I don’t think the black will be as bad as people make it out to be. It’ll probably look decent with the black stripe on the matching shorts, which is there too. And the above poster mentioned art and pinstriping. Wouldn’t the black be the perfect spot to make it your own somehow?

All black leggings, socks, shoes is the only way to pull that off, but we only wore the purple like 3 times last year from what posters are saying...

I'm still with everyone who can't stand the black stripe...black is Kobe (as a dude that wears a LOT of black, this is a compliment)...it's just not us (Lakers). And as a life time fan of the Silver and Black there's really only 2 teams that have figured out how to make it work.

#BannersOverBillboards

Last edited by CervantesRises on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Was expecting a new take on the Lakers jersey like the 1999-2000 ones were.

These ones are cool but not original. Aside from possible wrong yellow and that stupid black strip.

Bye.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

misterioso wrote:
IMO, the new uniforms are entirely stupid. If I were to sum up the design in one word, I'd say these uniforms are "stagnant".

If you ask me they never should've changed in 1999. It was a classic case of "fixing" what wasn't even remotely broken. That uniform evolved, slowly, over time to become perfect. From the fat white digits of West and Baylor, to the fat purple digits of Kareem/Early Magic, to the slenderized 1987 version which lasted all the way until 1999.

Quote:

Sure, I love the Showtime era as much as anyone else, but why not save the that 80's blast from the past look for the occasional retro uni game? The fact is there is an entire generation of Laker fans who weren't even born in the Showtime era. Give that generation their own Laker uniform, reflective of here and now instead of 30+ years ago. I thought the organization's vision was towards the future, not the past, so why not come up with a new evolutionary design of the unis rather than a retread of an old design.

Because "new evolutionary" =/= best, and the Lakers should prioritize having the best uniforms, not the newest uniforms.

Sadly they already had the best uniform to ever hit a basketball court but they moved away from them.

Quote:

The one thing I would add is pin striping as an accent or incorporate into the Laker logo. It would be both subtle and elegant. Not just any old pin stripes, but something along the intricate lines of Von Dutch, Lyle Fisk, Ed "Big Daddy" Roth type design, reflective of So Cal's car culture.

My daughter's BF, a very talented tattoo artist, does pin stripes on arms and backs, so i'm sure the millennials would absolutely love a uniform with a great pinstripe design.

What do the Lakers have to do with tattoos or car culture?

I think uniforms are supposed to have a broad appeal, that's why simpler is usually better. Team name, team colors, uniform design throughout. It's not supposed to be a blank template for some converted tattoo artist or graphic design student to indulge him or herself and doodle all over.

Hell, the millennials are the biggest group of nostalgia junkies I've ever seen. I bet just as many of 'em dig this old school thing as would want some space age crap.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/web-18macro-statement-zo.jpg

I mean they are the statement jerseys

Pleeeeeease keep the mamba black Nike

"Statement" jerseys is something Nike came up with on its own to sell more merch, it isn't a real thing that should actually affect a uniform's design.

Feels like the Lakers got duped.

They meant well but Nike was able to sprinkle some of that corporate fairy dust on 'em (the industrial grade stuff they've been using on college football teams for a decade now) and temporarily stun them long enough to approve that hodgepodge third-rate Chinese knockoff we now call our road jersey.

There you go, Fletch. That's the kinda spite that's necessary and appropriate!

Damn skippy. I got my #9 Van Exel jersey and a burning pitchfork. Where we rioting this time?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject:

Can't beat the price...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017-youth-kid-basketball-jersey-all-popular/396469581.html#s1-1-1b;searl|
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The gold jerseys are the best of the three, IMO. That's always been my favorite color, the Gold ones. I am not a fan of the black strip on the purple jersey, though. Simplicity would have served it right in this case.
goldenarmor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

The gold jerseys are arguably the best we've ever had, especially paired with the shorts.

The purple ones....that black stripe makes them easily hands down the worst.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Am I crazy for liking the Purple Jerseys? Black goes with anything!

I like these infinitely more than last year's uniforms.
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

The more I look at the Purple Jersey, I started to think that if the black strips are thinner, like an inch, it would look much better.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Am I crazy for liking the Purple Jerseys? Black goes with anything!

I like these infinitely more than last year's uniforms.

This is what I’ve been saying, but apparently I am in the extreme minority
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Can't beat the price...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017-youth-kid-basketball-jersey-all-popular/396469581.html#s1-1-1b;searl|

Scam or bootsie

Either way my recommendation would be to steer clear
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers purples are by far my favorites. I wish they would get rid of the stripe on the jersey altogether.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Can't beat the price...

Scam or bootsie

Either way my recommendation would be to steer clear

Agree, you never know what your going to get from DHGate. It's like "the mystery package". Oh, and you might be waiting a month or two for your product.

Last edited by 24Legend007 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Was expecting a new take on the Lakers jersey like the 1999-2000 ones were.

These ones are cool but not original. Aside from possible wrong yellow and that stupid black strip.

Bye.

I think the yellow looks good. More of a gold in comparison to that neon looking junk they have been throwing out there.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_uARUl_5X/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1eor780n3c3jd

Wouldnt mind seeing these instead of mpls jerseys

Black would be fire
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

The way I see it, the old jersey design they had in the 80s (and 90s) was the Showtime era. When they redesigned the uniforms in 1999, it coincided with the arrival of Phil Jackson. Those uniforms with the white, non-shadow drop numbers were for the Kobe/Phil era.

Now both are gone, and Magic is running the team, and we're back to being a fast break team. Hence going back to something almost identical to the 80s design makes sense. We're going back to basics. Hiring Phil was going outside the Laker family, although it worked incredibly well. Now we're reaching back to the Laker family and the old style of play that worked in the 60s, 70s and 80s to hopefully win another title.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

saw a jersey today in person (yellow home) and it's amazingggg

need to cop one soon
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Oddly this might be the best view of the new unis

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1026099645745778689?s=20
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 22 of 28
Jump to: