Will Lebron Get a Statue if he gets a ring in LA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Statue for Lebron?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 55 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 118

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely deserves a statue if he gets us one ring tying Boston for most chips.

Now If He gets us two rings surpassing Boston.....

Let’s go Lakers!!!!! Still in shock we got LAbron
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

No. Not for one. For one thing he came to the lakers too late in his career, we have maybe one or two years of this level of play from him then I expect a decline. Let’s not overdue the statues, leave them to our Laker legends
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Absolutely deserves a statue if he gets us one ring tying Boston for most chips.

Let’s go Lakers!!!!! Still in shock we got LAbron

I think 2 is the magic number too
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

One gets his jersey retired. Two, assuming Boston doesn't win a title during his era, deserves a statue.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
I'd give Gasol and Bynum statues before Lebron, as well as retired jerseys. Unless Lebron somehow comes out and delivers more than two rings.

Bynum? Oh, boy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I voted NO. IMO LeBron doesn't have, will never have, the resume needed to have a statue at Staples. I can abide with his jersey being lifted to the rafters if he brings rings.

In my mind LeBron will never be a REAL Laker. No matter his achievments he will always be a Cavalier or Heat. If a statue of him is erected let it be at one of those venues.

OTOH Staples statues aren't hallowed grounds for Laker greats. Wayne Gretzky, Oscar DeLoya have statues. IMO the rafters are more respected.

Define ”real Laker.”
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Threads like these are why some people vandalize murals.

But seriously, the man hasn't even played a game. I'll judge him personally then as a Laker when the time comes.

Nah. There's a much more obvious reason why that has happened.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll win a title with Lebron, but that won't be the only contributing factor. I think he'll break Kareem's all time scoring record.. that and a title, and you can book the statue.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
I'd give Gasol and Bynum statues before Lebron, as well as retired jerseys. Unless Lebron somehow comes out and delivers more than two rings.

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Maybe not Bynum, but I'd definitely give Pau Gasol a statue before thinking about LeBron.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Maybe not Bynum, but I'd definitely give Pau Gasol a statue before thinking about LeBron.

Under what scenario? I think most would agree that there would have to be a two-title minimum for a statue to even be considered at some point. If that happens I don't see why Pau would be more deserving of a statue than LeBron would.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

I'm becoming a Bron-stan as we speak, but na fam
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

3 feet 4 inches statue. sure. thats for one ring.
6 feet 8 inches... if two...
What about alcindor?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:54 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Under what scenario? I think most would agree that there would have to be a two-title minimum for a statue to even be considered at some point. If that happens I don't see why Pau would be more deserving of a statue than LeBron would.

Pau was here like seven seasons.. almost twice as long as Lebron is likely to be here. LeBron getting a statue for 3-4 years of service is laughable to me.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

There is a key piece of context here that you’re getting at that most people aren’t thinking of- if Lebron wins a ring here, there’s a very good chance it’s against the Celtics. So not only would he be helping to get one for LA, he’d be part of team that beat Boston and prevented them from adding to their total.

If he wins one ring against a team other than Boston, I still think he’d get a statue, but if he beats Boston to win a ring, he’s definitely getting one.

If he beats them twice, he’ll get the keys to the city.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I voted NO. IMO LeBron doesn't have, will never have, the resume needed to have a statue at Staples.

Career Awards:

Rookie of the Year
3x All-Star MVP
4x MVP
3x Finals MVP
14x All-Star
61x Player of the Week
44x Player of the Month
12x All-NBA 1st Team
2x All-NBA 2nd Team
5x All-Defensive 1st Team
1x All-Defensive 2nd Team
3x NBA Champion
9x Finals Appearances

NBA All-Time Rankings:

3P Made: 20th
Free Throws Made: 9th
Assists: 11th
Rebounds: 59th
Steals: 16th
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I voted NO. IMO LeBron doesn't have, will never have, the resume needed to have a statue at Staples.

Career Awards:

Rookie of the Year
3x All-Star MVP
4x MVP
3x Finals MVP
14x All-Star
61x Player of the Week
44x Player of the Month
12x All-NBA 1st Team
2x All-NBA 2nd Team
5x All-Defensive 1st Team
1x All-Defensive 2nd Team
3x NBA Champion
9x Finals Appearances

NBA All-Time Rankings:

3P Made: 20th
Free Throws Made: 9th
Assists: 11th
Rebounds: 59th
Steals: 16th

And he accomplished none of that as a Laker. I do not foresee his body of work as a LAKER being worthy of a statue. We will all have to wait and see.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

I think so, because he would deservedly get a lot of credit for getting the Lakers back to the top after a long time out of the playoffs....and I think he would probably the only player in NBA history who led three different teams to titles...so you could expect he'd get a statue and his jersey retired by all three teams
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
And he accomplished none of that as a Laker. I do not foresee his body of work as a LAKER being worthy of a statue. We will all have to wait and see.

That's a different argument. I was referring directly to jodeke saying, "IMO LeBron doesn't have, will never have, the resume needed to have a statue at Staples." By saying doesn't have before he played a game he was referring to his career resume.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

Maybe not a statue (most likely Cavs, maybe HEAT), but certainly his jersey. Wilt got his number retired.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
RashardA wrote:

That's a different argument. I was referring directly to jodeke saying, "IMO LeBron doesn't have, will never have, the resume needed to have a statue at Staples." By saying doesn't have before he played a game he was referring to his career resume.

You're just nitpicking his words now, you definitely knew what he meant.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Judah wrote:
diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Pau was here like seven seasons.. almost twice as long as Lebron is likely to be here. LeBron getting a statue for 3-4 years of service is laughable to me.

This is exactly the point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Judah wrote:
diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Wilt was here for 5 years, 1 ring and they retired his jersey. Would you retire LBJ's if he won a ring and was here 4-5 years? If not, what's the rationale ?
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Hell, let's just give everyone a statue. Line the street with them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Judah wrote:
diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

Wilt was here for 5 years, 1 ring and they retired his jersey. Would you retire LBJ's if he won a ring and was here 4-5 years? If not, what's the rationale ?

No, and I wouldn’t have retired Wilt’s number either.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Judah wrote:
diando wrote:
Judah wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Bynum? Oh, boy.

If the Lakers pass Boston with LeBron, the fact that Pau’s tenure was longer would be irrelevant. By that logic, Fisher should get a statue before Pau then. LeBron would get a statue because the two titles he lead the Lakers two were exponentially more valuable than the two Pau contributed to, not to mention that their roles would've been dramatically different.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: