Official 2018/2019 Playoff Seedings Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Warriors
Rockets
Lakers
Jazz
Pelicans
Thunder
Blazers
Minny

Celtics
Raptors
Sixers
Bucks
Wizards
Pacers
Pistons
Heat
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Warriors
Jazz
Rockets
Lakers
Thunder
Pels
Nugs
Blazers

Lakers/Thunder 1st round. Let’s go!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Currently tied for 1st in the west. Nice.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject:

1. Golden State
2. New Orleans
3. Houston
4. OKC
5. Utah
6. Portland
7. Lakers
8. Denver/San Antonio

1. Boston
Doesn't matter

I think we finish 47-35.

I also predict that 4-11 will be be separated by 3 games. Games will be close all year.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 am    Post subject:

1 Lakers
2 irrelevant

Go lakers!
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
1. Golden State
2. New Orleans
3. Houston
4. OKC
5. Utah
6. Portland
7. Lakers
8. Denver/San Antonio

1. Boston
Doesn't matter

I think we finish 47-35.

I also predict that 4-11 will be be separated by 3 games. Games will be close all year.

I can't see New Orleans being the #2 seed. Here is how I see it including the records.

1. Golden State (62-20)
2. Houston (60-22)
3. Oklahoma City (55-27)
4. Utah (53-29)
5. L.A. Lakers (51-31)
6. New Orleans (49-33)
7. Minnesota (47-35)
8. Portland (46-36)

1. Boston (58-24)
2. Philadelphia (55-27)
3. Toronto (53-29)
4. Indiana (50-32)
5. Milwaukee (48-34)
6. Washington (46-36)
7. Miami (43-39)
8. Detroit (41-41)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

I am more concerned than most.....I think we will make the playoffs, and even think we have a chance at home court....but there are 3 teams that did not make the playoffs last season, that should be in contention this year. First, there is us.....the addition of Lebron speaks for itself. Next, if healthy, Memphis is clearly a playoff contender while Denver has been there for a couple years. As of right now, I would project...

West

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Thunder
4. Lakers
5. Jazz
6. Spurs
7. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies
9. Nuggets
10. Trailblazers
11. TWolves
12. Mavericks
13. Clippers
14. Suns
15. Kings

East

1. Celtics
2. Raptors (if Kawhi plays)
3. 76'ers
4. Pacers
5. Bucks
6. Bullets
7. Heat
8. Hornets
9. Pistons
10. Cavs
11. Magic
12. Bulls
13. Knicks
14. Nets
15. Hawks
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

How is Roberson recovering? I heard his injury is a really nasty one that may have some lingering effects over time.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Imo Lakers will be 3-6 seed depending on chemistry in first half. No matter the seed, I suspect they will add by deadline and no matter the seeding, they will be a strong team that no one outside of GSW will want to draw in a playoff series.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How is Roberson recovering? I heard his injury is a really nasty one that may have some lingering effects over time.

did you forget that you started that rumor during the pursuit of PG? Only kidding, I have no idea....I thought I read he will be back by the beginning of the season....but that means little to nothing months out...players are almost always projected to be back at the beginning of the season several months out.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

Seriously???? Another "official" thread.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
diando wrote:

I think we finish 47-35.

I can't see New Orleans being the #2 seed. Here is how I see it including the records.

I see Davis having a breakout year with Randle, Mirotic and Holiday. I think they're primed to get that #2. I think they'll go 55-27. I also see the Rockets with 52-30. The Warriors will go back to having a 60+ win season. The Warriors as presently constructed are just way better than everyone else. The West will be even tougher this year, but the Warriors still make the West look like the East.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
diando wrote:

I think we finish 47-35.

I see Davis having a breakout year with Randle, Mirotic and Holiday. I think they're primed to get that #2. I think they'll go 55-27. I also see the Rockets with 52-30. The Warriors will go back to having a 60+ win season. The Warriors as presently constructed are just way better than everyone else. The West will be even tougher this year, but the Warriors still make the West look like the East.

Davis is a bona fide stud but seems he's always banged up, even if he's played 75 games the past two years. Without him, that team isn't close to a playoff team.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Just to sum up this thread so far.

In the West:

Locks:
Golden State
Houston
OKC
Utah
Lakers
NO

Fighting for the last two spots:
SAS
Denver
Portland
Minnesota
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
diando wrote:

I think we finish 47-35.

Davis is a bona fide stud but seems he's always banged up, even if he's played 75 games the past two years. Without him, that team isn't close to a playoff team.

We'll see how important Rondo really was to them and Randle was to us (moreso Rondo to them because we replaced Randle with Lebron). Basically did a Rondo for Randle swap. I think if they had kept Rondo they're top 4 in the west to be honest, Anthony Davis is pretty much the closest thing to unstoppable in the league right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

Rondo's emergence allowed Jrue to focus more on defense and not be worn down playing "PG."

Payton was just released by the Suns and traded by the Magic for pennies on the dollar. So who knows if he can approximate what Rondo brought for the Pels.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
diando wrote:

I think we finish 47-35.

Exactly! I don't believe in the team around Davis. That is why I can't see them ending up being a #2 seed.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

I'm watching First Take right now and apparently it's a thing around the league that some are predicting that the Lakers won't even make the playoffs.

I reeeeally hope that that's the narrative going into the season. Please make it happen. Maybe Pete and Pincus can write a bunch of articles saying that the league thinks the Lakers won't make the playoffs and they'll be fighting for the 10th seed. I would absolutely love for this group to have that underdog mentality going into the season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this was posted....it is about a week old. CBS Sportsline ran 2018-19 projections, and had the Lakers as 3rd in the West with 50.9 Wins. Rockets were 2nd with only 51.8 wins. They have Denver, Minnesota and Memphis all missing the playoffs. Also, have Kawhi's Raptors getting the #1 seed in the East!

LINK

***One really weird projection was Atlanta @ #9 in the East
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Not sure if this was posted....it is about a week old. CBS Sportsline ran 2018-19 projections, and had the Lakers as 3rd in the West with 50.9 Wins. Rockets were 2nd with only 51.8 wins. They have Denver, Minnesota and Memphis all missing the playoffs. Also, have Kawhi's Raptors getting the #1 seed in the East!

LINK

another interesting observation of the simulation....adding Cousins only increased GSW win total by 0.3 games.....while replacing Rondo and Cousins with Payton and Randle increased the Pelicans total wins 0.7 wins.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

LINK

dafuq...

Atlanta is tanking....
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Warriors
Lakers
Rockets
Jazz
OKC
Pels
Spurs
Denver
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Pelton projects us to be 9th in the West

Quote:
9. L.A. Lakers
Projected wins: 41.2

When the Lakers first signed LeBron, I put together a preliminary RPM projection that pegged them for 50 wins. So why the drop to 41 in the full version? No team was hit harder by the adjustment for players changing teams than the Lakers, who project to have just 55 percent of their minutes played by returning players. (Only the Phoenix Suns are lower in this regard.) And no individual was hit harder than James, whose projected RPM dropped from plus-5.0 to plus-2.7. While LeBron's offensive RPM did in fact take a huge hit when he joined the Miami Heat in 2010-11 (from plus-8.7 to plus-4.8), he's still likely to beat that projection.

If James drops only to a plus-4.0, the Lakers would move into eighth, and even if this projection is accurate for all teams they would still probably be better than 50-50 bets to make the playoffs because somebody else falls out, so RPM isn't necessarily calling them a lottery team. Nonetheless, these projections do now suggest the Lakers are far from challenging the best teams in the West.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
9. L.A. Lakers

When the Lakers first signed LeBron, I put together a preliminary RPM projection that pegged them for 50 wins. So why the drop to 41 in the full version? No team was hit harder by the adjustment for players changing teams than the Lakers, who project to have just 55 percent of their minutes played by returning players. (Only the Phoenix Suns are lower in this regard.) And no individual was hit harder than James, whose projected RPM dropped from plus-5.0 to plus-2.7. While LeBron's offensive RPM did in fact take a huge hit when he joined the Miami Heat in 2010-11 (from plus-8.7 to plus-4.8), he's still likely to beat that projection.

If James drops only to a plus-4.0, the Lakers would move into eighth, and even if this projection is accurate for all teams they would still probably be better than 50-50 bets to make the playoffs because somebody else falls out, so RPM isn't necessarily calling them a lottery team. Nonetheless, these projections do now suggest the Lakers are far from challenging the best teams in the West.

It’s amazing that the Lakers added a guy who had a monster season last year and guys like Pelton and Chris Mannix have the guts to spite the Lakers, if LeBron went to Philly or Houston these same guys would be talking Dynasty.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
9. L.A. Lakers

The Lakers were a .500 team after ASG even with a lot of injured players (Lonzo, Ingram, Hart,...). Then, we add LeBron. And we're still a .500 team.

OK...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 2 of 79
Jump to: