Shaq: “Kobe is coming back”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

LOL. Saying dumb things just to try to get hits on his podcast? Shame, Shaq. For shame!
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

I thought about it. Even without Bron.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Had to chime in because a thread mentioning Jack Tripper without Npz & me would be like Thanksgiving without turkeys.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Had to chime in because a thread mentioning Jack Tripper without Npz & me would be like Thanksgiving without turkeys.

That rapper Jack Tripper did battle with Mr. Angelino.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

The disgusting vile hateful garbage that Kobe haters STILL to this day post about him is seriously sad...trying to constantly diminish his legacy with overt disrespect...and I will NOT be posting the link, but here's a snippet of this TRASH article posted by another TRASH "journalist" -

The title of the article is, "Kobe, come out of retirement you coward"

Quote:
What the hell else is Kobe doing, besides offering insight-free commentary in NBA 2K18 and producing deeply insane children’s videos? The degree to which the universe has moved past the fact that Kobe was once credibly accused of rape is appalling—this plus his Oscar win and a largely uncontested post-career campaign of self-mythologizing might have convinced you, a decent and good-hearted person, to wish very sincerely that Kobe would (bleep) All The Way Off Forever. I submit that a richer and more rewarding development would be Kobe returning to the NBA as an even more washed 40-year-old, to get roasted by a shockingly deep generation of NBA teens who wildly overrate his status as an all-time great; to destroy forever the goofy innocence of addled Lakers fans; to force Kevin Harlan and Mike Breen to say things like now that’s a possession where you’d really like to get the ball into LeBron’s hands when Kobe hijacks a late-game possession and turns it into an ugly air-balled baseline fadeaway.

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Mr. Angelino, too damn elegant of a man. That (bleep) Felipe should have been fired years ago yet somehow he lands jobs at both Angelino’s and Jack’s Bistro.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Two years of him playing like total sh1t wasn't enough for you guys?

Come on... I thank him for the five titles but enough is enough.

Send chills down my spine that people even entertain such stupidity.

Those last few years were pretty rough but it was a perfect storm at the time. The team had no realistic expectation to succeed and everyone was OK with him trying to win games on his own even if it probably wasn't going to work. It was surreal to see Kobe and the fans smiling from ear to ear after letting very winnable games slip away.

He had an amazing sendoff with tons of respect from all of the fans and players throughout the league. I don't think another curtain call would be received nearly as well, especially if they're fighting for the playoffs and the games are important. I watched every one of those games and he was done. All he could do at the end is have fun and try to put on a show for the fans.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Who’s the favorite in this battle of wills: Mr. Angelino vs. the Maitre D’ at Chez Quis?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
The disgusting vile hateful garbage that Kobe haters STILL to this day post about him is seriously sad...trying to constantly diminish his legacy with overt disrespect...and I will NOT be posting the link, but here's a snippet of this TRASH article posted by another TRASH "journalist" -

The title of the article is, "Kobe, come out of retirement you coward"

Quote:
What the hell else is Kobe doing, besides offering insight-free commentary in NBA 2K18 and producing deeply insane children’s videos? The degree to which the universe has moved past the fact that Kobe was once credibly accused of rape is appalling—this plus his Oscar win and a largely uncontested post-career campaign of self-mythologizing might have convinced you, a decent and good-hearted person, to wish very sincerely that Kobe would (bleep) All The Way Off Forever. I submit that a richer and more rewarding development would be Kobe returning to the NBA as an even more washed 40-year-old, to get roasted by a shockingly deep generation of NBA teens who wildly overrate his status as an all-time great; to destroy forever the goofy innocence of addled Lakers fans; to force Kevin Harlan and Mike Breen to say things like now that’s a possession where you’d really like to get the ball into LeBron’s hands when Kobe hijacks a late-game possession and turns it into an ugly air-balled baseline fadeaway.

Deadspin and its sister sites have a lot of very bitter, hateful, and miserable people on their staffs. Not surprised to read tripe like this from there. Just ignore their nonsense.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Who’s the favorite in this battle of wills: Mr. Angelino vs. the Maitre D’ at Chez Quis?

Chez Quis. Saw him in another movie of that time period time recently (Some Kind Of Wonderful). I do know without researching that Ferley's suggestion for the name of Jack's Bistro was "Froggy's". Terry's was "Voulez vous". About 5.7% of my brain capacity was used to store 3s Co info. In Seas 5, Tony saw Paulie watching 3s Co thru the window in his hotel room laughing violently at the telly and T was contemplating killing him. That's how disgusted he was.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: