Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
See you cant judge UCLA tape. Lonzo was the most embarassing shooter in the NBA last year and for awhile was scared to even take a layup. No one is talking about potential but if the Lakers had to win a game right now... Rondo is more well rounded. I mean Rondo at times was the best player on a team that featured three hall of famers and has won titles. No shame in Lonzo not being there.

With neither player regressing and progressing, an argument can be made than Rondo is better than Lonzo at this time, especially when taking into account experience. But why are people so against Lonzo improving? That is the weirdest thought process.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I know what we'll get out of Rondo for the most part.
Lonzo is just more of a question mark. Maybe he steals the starting job, maybe he struggles.
But if Lonzo outperforms Rondo that's a good problem to have. Then Rondo becomes one of the best backup PGs in the league (only other comp I can think of is OKCs Shroeder).
I love Kobe 24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:16 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I know what we'll get out of Rondo for the most part.
Lonzo is just more of a question mark. Maybe he steals the starting job, maybe he struggles.
But if Lonzo outperforms Rondo that's a good problem to have. Then Rondo becomes one of the best backup PGs in the league (only other comp I can think of is OKCs Shroeder).

Boston with Irving and rozier off the bench is probably nicest combo
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Rondo is legit and will provide much needed depth and veteran leadership for this team. I'm sure he will fit in with the likes of our Starters or if he comes off the bench.
All that being said this leads me to believe that Deng is definitely on his way out. With his most recent trade demands, I'm sure the Lakers will try to facilitate something in exchange for Deng. There were talks about Jeremy Lin coming back, but for some reason, I'm a little skeptical about that one.
If the Lakers could find another taker for Deng, throw in some future pics/cash-considerations etc. it could happen.

Rajon and Deng wear the same numbers, some players are superstitious about that type of stuff and have even offered $$$ to teammates for their numbers. I'm not saying this is exactly the case, but definitely something to consider. Rondo is a proven Vet in this league and you have to take it into consideration.
kball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Rondo is legit and will provide much needed depth and veteran leadership for this team. I'm sure he will fit in with the likes of our Starters or if he comes off the bench.
All that being said this leads me to believe that Deng is definitely on his way out. With his most recent trade demands, I'm sure the Lakers will try to facilitate something in exchange for Deng. There were talks about Jeremy Lin coming back, but for some reason, I'm a little skeptical about that one.
If the Lakers could find another taker for Deng, throw in some future pics/cash-considerations etc. it could happen.

Rajon and Deng wear the same numbers, some players are superstitious about that type of stuff and have even offered $$$ to teammates for their numbers. I'm not saying this is exactly the case, but definitely something to consider.
Rondo is a proven Vet in this league and you have to take it into consideration.

You think this is an issue?
Just wait until/if Lakers land Kawhi in FA
(#2)

BTW...anyone suggest a nickname for Ball's pop yet?
I say lets go with 'Loose'. Loose Ball!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Rondo is the better PG right now but that doesn't necessarily make him the starter. I actually would love Rondo to head our bench unit with Hart, Kuzma and Beasley. He can play around 25mpg.

I wouldn't mind Lonzo starting for his defense, rebounding, low usage and pace. Rondo is ball dominant and probably won't fit as well with the starters.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Rondo is the better PG right now but that doesn't necessarily make him the starter. I actually would love Rondo to head our bench unit with Hart, Kuzma and Beasley. He can play around 25mpg.

I wouldn't mind Lonzo starting for his defense, rebounding, low usage and pace. Rondo is ball dominant and probably won't fit as well with the starters.

Kyrie is ball dominant and fit well with Lebron. Also, I am not sure Rondo is the better PG right now. He is the smarter PG, but I think Ball's physical ability on the court right now is superior.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Rondo will be great running a very fast 2nd unit.

I know Luke is fond of hockey subs, so, something like:

Rondo
Hart
Lance
Kuz
Beez

That would be a pretty interesting 2nd unit that is quick and fast hitting.
myunibrodavis
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Kyrie is ball dominant and fit well with Lebron. Also, I am not sure Rondo is the better PG right now. He is the smarter PG, but I think Ball's physical ability on the court right now is superior.

Kyrie fit well because he was someone they used to get a bucket when lebron was tired
myunibrodavis
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
See you cant judge UCLA tape. Lonzo was the most embarassing shooter in the NBA last year and for awhile was scared to even take a layup. No one is talking about potential but if the Lakers had to win a game right now... Rondo is more well rounded. I mean Rondo at times was the best player on a team that featured three hall of famers and has won titles. No shame in Lonzo not being there.

With neither player regressing and progressing, an argument can be made than Rondo is better than Lonzo at this time, especially when taking into account experience. But why are people so against Lonzo improving? That is the weirdest thought process.

I really dont think you can argue rondo>lonzo unless you go with the playoff rondo route. Offensively maybe but lonzo will probably be a premier guard on defense while even playoff rondo is decent at best, and was pathetic during the RS
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Rondo and Lonzo should be thought of as a TEAM. Together
they should fill the PG to a high level. If they fight it will mess things up.
Rondo brings experience to the table. He has been in the playoffs and won a ring. His better days may have passed but he can teach Lonzo a lot. Rondo is a premier playmaker and was a terrible shooter LIKE Lonzo at the beginning. Now he seems average.
Lonzo is the future. But he is 2 to 3 years away to reach the Rondo experience level. And Lebron has only 3 to 4 years with the Lakers. He can learn so much from Rondo if he opens up.
So you can see the fit if they don't clash.
I did not like Rondo for he played for the Celtics. But now he is a Laker.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/fZckI1JCxp4

Rondo workout video!
Lakers scrimmage at the end. Kuz, Rondo, Zu, Wear (I think), and more...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
https://youtu.be/fZckI1JCxp4

Rondo workout video!
Lakers scrimmage at the end. Kuz, Rondo, Zu, Wear (I think), and more...

Good to see the team building bond
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Huh? My baby girl said do you think Lonzo could do to Curry Lillard and Paul what Rondo did?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

With AD behind him? He probably could, though Rondo didn’t do much against Curry or face Paul (assuming you are talking playoffs).
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Nor did Rondo do it alone on the perimeter. Holiday is one of the best defensive guards in the league.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject:

Rondo wants to go into coaching, and I think part of his endgame is developing the younger players. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign a low level contract next year with the Lakers as a player/coach, and further his progress into coaching.

But if Ball falters or gets injured again, Rondo will take over. But I hope Ball improves, so we can save Rondo a little bit for the playoff run.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Nor did Rondo do it alone on the perimeter. Holiday is one of the best defensive guards in the league.

So you and Ventura are telling me Drew and AD are responsible
For Rondos 21 assist lol ok I think we’re talking about two different things.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

Yes but while neither Lonzo or Hart are as good at this time, they could be. Of course Rondo would likely be elsewhere by then.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

Zubac is gonna love playing with Rondo.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

You didn't exactly bend over backwards to expound your argument with any degree of specificity. I was clearly referring to defense.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Judah wrote:

You didn't exactly bend over backwards to expound your argument with any degree of specificity. I was clearly referring to defense.

Excuse me for assuming you actually watched those games even though my original post was directed to another poster. I’m not sure why you’re pointing to Defense when Rondo didn’t stop those guys mentioned. So what else is there?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://youtu.be/3k8eRO7R9X0

Zubac is gonna love playing with Rondo.

Kuz has long strides to the bucket!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

myunibrodavis wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Kyrie fit well because he was someone they used to get a bucket when lebron was tired

Kyrie fit well because he is a stud on the offensive end.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

I’ll add that I hope Wagner can run in that lineup too with good shooting and hustle he would be a nice fit there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 34 of 168
Jump to: