Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:
Thanks GT. Out of curiosity, why are the videos for Silver Screen and Roll on twitter instead of youtube?

Because they give me money in exchange for exclusive content.

As someone who works as YouTube... smh at us
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:
Thanks GT. Out of curiosity, why are the videos for Silver Screen and Roll on twitter instead of youtube?

You work at YouTube now, tox?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:

Which location? I m at the mothership in MTN
Naf_srekaL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:

Fair enough!
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Video: The Lakers have the best group of rebounding guards in the NBA

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/31/17633638/lakers-rebounding-guards-lonzo-ball-lance-stephenson-josh-hart-rajon-rondo-nba-laker-film-room

This has been my favorite one so far Pete. What do you think about Magic saying that productive pace (transition layups) is the most valuable shot over the corner 3 that MDA claims to be the most valuable?

I think with the best group of rebounding guards and 2 of the top 3 pace setters (not to mention with LBJ and Kuz on rim runs) we are attacking an aspect of the game no team has in a long time...Pat Riley's 'No Rebounds, No Rings' Showtime.

We control the board in mass, hit the ball ahead, have multiple ball handlers, and I think we wear teams out.

Seems like basketball has fallen in love with the 3 ball and floor spacing thanks to MDA and Steph, but that our new philosophy forces the Stephs, Klays, and Hardens to get physical with us, something they haven't proven they can do yet. My hope is this affects their legs over a 7 game series.

I have a feeling Luke, Magic, Rob might be on to something significant...what do you think?

Keep the great work too...your definitely on the rise in a big way dude.

#BannersOverBillboards
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/31/17633638/lakers-rebounding-guards-lonzo-ball-lance-stephenson-josh-hart-rajon-rondo-nba-laker-film-room

This has been my favorite one so far Pete. What do you think about Magic saying that productive pace (transition layups) is the most valuable shot over the corner 3 that MDA claims to be the most valuable?

I think with the best group of rebounding guards and 2 of the top 3 pace setters (not to mention with LBJ and Kuz on rim runs) we are attacking an aspect of the game no team has in a long time...Pat Riley's 'No Rebounds, No Rings' Showtime.

We control the board in mass, hit the ball ahead, have multiple ball handlers, and I think we wear teams out.

Seems like basketball has fallen in love with the 3 ball and floor spacing thanks to MDA and Steph, but that our new philosophy forces the Stephs, Klays, and Hardens to get physical with us, something they haven't proven they can do yet. My hope is this affects their legs over a 7 game series.

I have a feeling Luke, Magic, Rob might be on to something significant...what do you think?

Oh, I think he's correct - and even MDA would agree with that, which is part of the reason why he's always preached pace - it's just a matter of how often you can get transition layups. Even the best transition teams can only get them a certain amount of the time, whereas a corner 3 is a shot that a team can get more often.

But yeah, that's definitely an area worth leveraging as much as possible, and this group of guards (plus LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, & even McGee on rim-runs) should be able to maximize those opportunities.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Oh, I think he's correct - and even MDA would agree with that, which is part of the reason why he's always preached pace - it's just a matter of how often you can get transition layups. Even the best transition teams can only get them a certain amount of the time, whereas a corner 3 is a shot that a team can get more often.

But yeah, that's definitely an area worth leveraging as much as possible, and this group of guards (plus LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, & even McGee on rim-runs) should be able to maximize those opportunities.

As always...excellent point(s).

#BannersOverBillboards
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

FWIW, Mykhailiuk sprints to those 3pt corners in transition. Newman, before he got waived, took that wing-3 slot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Video: How to Read Basketball Play Diagrams

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/6/17636232/laker-film-room-how-to-read-basketball-plays-diagrams
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

GT. My Dude! This is a missing piece for me. Thank you! I’ve watched basketball for over 30 years but never understood X’s & O’s. I can kinda guess when playing 2k, but it usually gives me a headache. Thanks for the wisdom.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
GT. My Dude! This is a missing piece for me. Thank you! I’ve watched basketball for over 30 years but never understood X’s & O’s. I can kinda guess when playing 2k, but it usually gives me a headache. Thanks for the wisdom.

Nice! That's what I was going for.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Video: Guide to Lakers' Off-Ball Screens

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/10/17673114/laker-film-room-guide-video-off-ball-screens-lakers-use

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

Video: LeBron at Center

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/9/17669950/lakers-lebron-james-center-laker-film-room
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/10/17673114/laker-film-room-guide-video-off-ball-screens-lakers-use

Nice vid GT! This issue is my third greatest concern with LeBron joining this Laker team. I really hope to see him off ball setting some of these screens rather than just being the passer. I've said this multiple times, if we run the LeBron system, we will lose.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice vid GT! This issue is my third greatest concern with LeBron joining this Laker team. I really hope to see him off ball setting some of these screens rather than just being the passer. I've said this multiple times, if we run the LeBron system, we will lose.

Yeah, I think that was the purpose of surrounding him with other playmakers.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
diando wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Yeah, I think that was the purpose of surrounding him with other playmakers.

It's one thing to conceptualize, but it's another to change your habits. See, Kobe and Nash 2012-2013.

BTW, Mike Brown's system from 2011-12 was a better fit for that team than the Princeton (which made Dwight Coward a shooter) , D'antoni's Run n' Gun, the Triangle and the Kobe system (which ended tragically for all Laker fans, but it was an awesome spectacle).

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I really don't understand why there are fans who act like the Lakers don't already have an established plan in place for the way they're going to play. They've been completely wide open about what they're going to do. Entire articles have been written that explain it. This isn't some mystery.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's not happening, dude.

nor should it really.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
diando wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's not happening, dude.

nor should it really.

Welp, if this is the case, I am sticking with my 47 wins, 7th seed, first round exit prediction. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical.

Last edited by DShotMaker1824 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I seriously need to start reading people's sigs before engaging lol. Gets me every time
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Naf_srekaL wrote:

You work at YouTube now, tox?

Yup! Same location as Jim, in Mountain View CA. I work in the Creator org which means I'm all too familiar with getting heat from content creators such as yourself for our policies (not that I'm making any decisions of course lol)
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great breakdown! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds during the season!

Love the thumbnail!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Classic: Lakers vs. Blazers, Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/14/17681796/laker-film-room-lakers-comeback-game-7-2000-western-conference-finals-shaq-kobe
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker Film Room Classic: Lakers vs. Blazers, Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/14/17681796/laker-film-room-lakers-comeback-game-7-2000-western-conference-finals-shaq-kobe

Wow, that's cool. One of my all time favourite Lakers games.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 68 of 93
Jump to: