Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/patrick-stewart-to-star-in-new-star-trek-tv-series/ar-BBLuEB3?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
It’s really truly happening: Patrick Stewart has been cast in a new Star Trek series.

Stewart will reprise his iconic character, Jean-Luc Picard, for a CBS All Access series that “will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life.”

Stewart himself just announced the news in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

Stewart added that now, in particular, seems like a good time to bring back the character, who exemplified calm, moral, reasoned leadership. “During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he said. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Patrick Stewart

@SirPatStew
It is an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Read my full statement in the photo. #StarTrek @cbsallaccess Photo: @shervinfoto

4:26 PM - Aug 4, 2018
17.7K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman will be an executive producer on the new series, and stated, “With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold. For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”

CBS isn’t releasing any additional information at this time, such as the show’s title or release date. But Star Trek: Discovery returns in January.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I remember he was tired of playing the character by the end of the last ST TNG movie. My guess is enough time has passed that he was willing to reprise the role for a new generation of fans.....and also he is probably getting a nice paycheck as well.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Sounds accurate.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/patrick-stewart-to-star-in-new-star-trek-tv-series/ar-BBLuEB3?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
It’s really truly happening: Patrick Stewart has been cast in a new Star Trek series.

Stewart will reprise his iconic character, Jean-Luc Picard, for a CBS All Access series that “will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life.”

Stewart himself just announced the news in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

Stewart added that now, in particular, seems like a good time to bring back the character, who exemplified calm, moral, reasoned leadership. “During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he said. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.

Patrick Stewart

@SirPatStew
It is an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Read my full statement in the photo. #StarTrek @cbsallaccess Photo: @shervinfoto

Star Trek: Discovery showrunner Alex Kurtzman will be an executive producer on the new series, and stated, “With overwhelming joy, it’s a privilege to welcome Sir Patrick Stewart back to the Star Trek fold. For over 20 years, fans have hoped for the return of Captain Jean-Luc Picard and that day is finally here. We can’t wait to forge new ground, surprise people, and honor generations both new and old.”

CBS isn’t releasing any additional information at this time, such as the show’s title or release date. But Star Trek: Discovery returns in January.

He was an actor in a TV show not a real scientist or spaceship commander.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Patrick Stewart

@SirPatStew

Fake news!!! Get outta here with your alternative facts.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

Patrick Stewart

@SirPatStew

They were inspired by the character, in which Patrick Stewart contributed to.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Love star trek next generation! looking forward to this
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

I don't call myself a Trekkie but I watch the movies whenever they play on DirecTV. They sometime play them all day. I'll watch the show for sure.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Patrick Stewart to star in new Star Trek TV series

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Just about everyone at NASA says they were inspired to pursue their careers in part by Star Trek.

Patrick Stewart contributed to that idea. Hope. Vision.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: