So this happened in my neighborhood.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: So this happened in my neighborhood.

Murder suicide

I knew them and had meals with them when they were a family.
During the separation, he started posting and arguing for conspiracy theories. Alex Jones stuff. Finally had to defriend and block him on FB.

Conspiracy theories beliefs start to make you believe in rationalizing even the craziest of things. The guy wasn’t “stupid” but he was definitely a pompous a**.

Still trying to wrap my head around it. And for the record, his wife was very compassionate.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Glad you reached out to your LG fam about what you are going thru as you process this senseless violence. It's never going to make sense. I hope you can make some semblance of peace with it and move past the shock and horror. Hang in there. Giving you a big LG
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

^^ Truth. Very positive to open dialogue on an event such as this. Did you ever know their son? Who knows.. maybe send him a card of some kind etc.. not sure.. just ideas

Was searching if they had children living with any of them and found this.

Couple in Arcadia murder-suicide were scheduled to appear in divorce court

Quote:

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Homicide Lt. Derrick Alfred said Mel Mingyo Liu, 49, would have been forced to sell his home. Liu wrote a letter to his 14-year-old son telling him why he did what he did, according to Alfred.

Coroner’s spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani identified the wife as Cherry Chilei Liu, 50, of Arcadia.

Court records show Cherry Liu filed for divorce Feb. 8, 2016. The Lius were scheduled to appear Thursday at a Los Angeles courtroom .

On Wednesday morning, Mel Liu took his gun and drove to his estranged wife’s apartment in the 800 block of South Sunset Boulevard.

I remember when my best friend was so angry at his wife for their divorce. Sounding like he was going to hurt her..

I told him point blank I was afraid for both of them
I told him his anger was leading to a very bad place and if he couldn't see it right now with my help then he wasn't my friend.. Thankfully it all began to subside. Sometimes we really lose track of who we are becoming
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. We did. They have been neighbors and going to same school since kindergarten.

Not sure how he will handle it and he is about to join start high school. Funeral for the mom happened yesterday. The dad, I don’t think anyone knows or would even go at this point. Everything is pretty hush hush now.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Sometimes we really lose track of who we are becoming

Lots of truth here. I have been spending a lot of time thinking about this myself. We all should.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Horrible story - really sorry to hear.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject:

What a bum the husband sounds like. Did the conspiracies and hatred from the divorce proceedings really get to him that badly or was he always a bit off/cold?

Sorry to hear of the loss so close to you. Hopefully you are able to work through the pain it may cause you over a period of time.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: So this happened in my neighborhood.

tlim wrote:
Murder suicide

I knew them and had meals with them when they were a family.
During the separation, he started posting and arguing for conspiracy theories. Alex Jones stuff. Finally had to defriend and block him on FB.

Conspiracy theories beliefs start to make you believe in rationalizing even the craziest of things. The guy wasn’t “stupid” but he was definitely a pompous a**.

Still trying to wrap my head around it. And for the record, his wife was very compassionate.

I work very close by and heard the news. Sorry to hear it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: