OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1139, 1140, 1141 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
You’d never know it if you didn’t know it. A lot of people call Lonzo a bust right now at 20 years old. Fans here in this site want to trade him for cap space. It’s insane to me.

I have seen you claim that people are calling him a bust multiple times....but I am not sure I have seen any serious poster call him a bust. Did I just miss those claims?

I’m saying non Lakers fans call him a bust, not posters here.

People here want to trade him. His name was mentioned in just about every rumored trade option this off season.

Maybe I should have done a better job separating those sentences. My bad
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
You’d never know it if you didn’t know it. A lot of people call Lonzo a bust right now at 20 years old. Fans here in this site want to trade him for cap space. It’s insane to me.

I have seen you claim that people are calling him a bust multiple times....but I am not sure I have seen any serious poster call him a bust. Did I just miss those claims?

I’m saying non Lakers fans call him a bust, not posters here.

People here want to trade him. His name was mentioned in just about every rumored trade option this off season.

Maybe I should have done a better job separating those sentences. My bad

no, I just misread....I see the differentiation now.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Stockton shot 74% on freethrows as a rookie though.

Lol, Lonzo is a bust.

Lonzo shot 67% on 98 attempts at UCLA. That is 2.7 per game.

He shot 45% on 71 attempts as a Rookie. That is 1.4 per game.

Max preps also has him shooting 80% on 205 attempts in high school.

I’m sure his FT will be fine too.

His form changed from HS, college, and somewhat, the NBA.

I wouldn't hold onto that HS stat as a future indicator of success.
so change the form back to high school isnt the ft line the same ? we're not asking for a changed form but a change it back to what worked form for ft's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

I don't see any reason why he can't be a 70% shooter.

His form is a negative when he has defenders flying at him.

At the FT line, should be able to hit consistently.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

I think that Ball's shooting will come around. Shooting can be affected by nerves and I think his poor shooting last year was mental. With more experience in the NBA he should adjust and go back to shooting like he did in college.

I am glad he is a Laker.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
I think that Ball's shooting will come around. Shooting can be affected by nerves and I think his poor shooting last year was mental. With more experience in the NBA he should adjust and go back to shooting like he did in college.

I am glad he is a Laker.

The more parts to your stroke, the more opportunity you have to overthink a part in the process
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Just wanna give a shoutout to the 2nd best HS mixtape ever created (only behind John Wall's senior year mix)

The way this mix is put together is insane. I remember watching this when it came out and got sad because I thought we wouldn't be bad enough to get a high draft pick.
Cow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

As long as he can stay healthy, I think we’ll all (relatively speaking) be happy with him at the end of the season. A lot of the shooting seemed to be a combo of ruthym/adjusting to the league and mental. Get 70+ games without bouncing in and out of injury, and I thin he’ll be set.

We’re lucky to have this kid. It’s easy to pick on his shooting. But honestly everything else in his game gives me so much hope for a bright future.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

I'm very excited for him this year. He went what, 10/7/7 as a 19-20 year old rookie. I think the shooting/scoring will always be a work in progress, but that defense and ability to see the floor (and rebounding) was just a joy to see last year.

Hopefully a much healthier year for him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

The more parts to your stroke, the more opportunity you have to overthink a part in the process

From looking at his form (hs - college - nba videos on previous page), after he brings the ball to the left side of his head, isn't it one motion?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

From looking at his form (hs - college - nba videos on previous page), after he brings the ball to the left side of his head, isn't it one motion?

Hmm. I don’t think so from what I remember. Think there’s some cockback to it, or a looping motion that’s kind of a mix, which is common.
Kevin Martin’s is what I’d consider one motion
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

Hmm. I don’t think so from what I remember. Think there’s some cockback to it, or a looping motion that’s kind of a mix, which is common.

That's what I'm going off of.
I'm saying after the "cockback" it's one motion after that right? Not saying the entire shot is a single motion.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

I'm saying after the "cockback" it's one motion after that right? Not saying the entire shot is a single motion.

I’m not sure if that’s the stroke he used at he line during the season. That one in the vid wasn’t too far from conventional , and not super far from one-motion either
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

I’m not sure if that’s the stroke he used at he line during the season. That one in the vid wasn’t too far from conventional , and not super far from one-motion either

Regular season game in march:
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

I am glad he is a Laker.

Regular season game in march:

Ya that’s a different stroke w more cockback and more to the left side. Def not one-motion..
every player’s stroke is one-motion from some point...it’s even in their heads to shoot it in one continuous motion and have no pauses, so..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Good angle on the 1st FT in then March game
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

^ thanks for looking
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Just wanna give a shoutout to the 2nd best HS mixtape ever created (only behind John Wall's senior year mix)

The way this mix is put together is insane. I remember watching this when it came out and got sad because I thought we wouldn't be bad enough to get a high draft pick.

Hopefully we can get him some of those back door dunks this season. Plays like that were a big part of his game at UCLA. With guys like LeBron and Rondo on the team I think we’ll see it.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ralph Mason
‏@Ralph_MasonJr
4h4 hours ago
More
Rondo on Lakers/Lonzo: “Whatever they ask me, you know, my main objective is to win, I'm ready to help develop Lonzo as much as possible. If I'm not starting and he's starting, he's going to be ready to go and ready for anybody that comes his way & we'll be ready to roll”

It's funny how people/the media keep trying to play them against each other.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:
Ralph Mason
‏@Ralph_MasonJr
4h4 hours ago
More
Rondo on Lakers/Lonzo: “Whatever they ask me, you know, my main objective is to win, I'm ready to help develop Lonzo as much as possible. If I'm not starting and he's starting, he's going to be ready to go and ready for anybody that comes his way & we'll be ready to roll”

Great quote by Rondo. I love it.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

That being said if Lonzo cant fix his shooting from last year Rondo should start

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
That being said if Lonzo cant fix his shooting from last year Rondo should start

Personally I would start Lonzo either way for his defense.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:

Why?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

If Lonzo is good enough to beat out Rondo for the starting spot. We're sitting pretty. I hope it's a problem we have.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:
Ralph Mason
‏@Ralph_MasonJr
4h4 hours ago
More

I actually had the thought that it might have been just Magic telling Rondo what he needed to hear so he could sign him, while Luke was somewhere reading the report about all the spots are up for competition and he was like, "wait huh, what? Oh c'mon don't do this to me...."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1139, 1140, 1141 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1140 of 1688
Jump to: