OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

i would like to invite noah to the camp. just to mentor Mo Wagner. i don't know who to cut tough
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
i would like to invite noah to the camp. just to mentor Mo Wagner. i don't know who to cut tough

Mentor Wagner? There games aren’t nothing alike, and Noah has turned into a complete headcase, at least guys like Ron Artest and Lance Stephenson contribute to winning.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Mentor Wagner? There games aren’t nothing alike, and Noah has turned into a complete headcase, at least guys like Ron Artest and Lance Stephenson contribute to winning.

ok dude
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

ok dude

So...

Ron artest and lance contribute to winning and not Noah....
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Who wants this guy?

For Deng, Zubac and Bonga
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Who wants this guy?

For Deng, Zubac and Bonga

no thanks. he got 27m contract for next year
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

There’s no urgency for the Lakers to move Deng at all. Even next season, they don’t have to trade him. Ideally they can use him as an expiring contract, but worst case scenario is they just stretch him to sign another max player.

The only urgency was this offseason in order to sign 2 guys, which didn’t materialize.

I find it very difficult to believe that Deng will agree to any form of buyout. He won’t get anything but a minimum contract on the open market. His desire to play will cost him significantly.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Metta is more fit than Deng right now.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
cital wrote:
What is the projected MLE next summer for non-tax paying teams that are over the cap?

I think approximately $9,202,600.....but we will once again likely be operating under the cap and only have the room exception which will be about $4.7 Million.

Thanks... I know we will be under the cap going into free agency, but if we can trade Deng we will have around a million or so more than other teams that can offer the full MLE, even after we max out another player... If we have to stretch Deng obviously we will have less...
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
There’s no urgency for the Lakers to move Deng at all. Even next season, they don’t have to trade him. Ideally they can use him as an expiring contract, but worst case scenario is they just stretch him to sign another max player.

The only urgency was this offseason in order to sign 2 guys, which didn’t materialize.

I find it very difficult to believe that Deng will agree to any form of buyout. He won’t get anything but a minimum contract on the open market. His desire to play will cost him significantly.

If we sign another marquee player next, hopefully we can ship him and we can give up our 1st round pick and cash consideration to sweeten the deal.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

what will be the minimum for Deng next season, 1.72 I believe? If he would take that amount as a buyout his stretched number would be 5.7 over 3 seasons... I could live with that, but I would still prefer to trade him if it would only cost us our 2019 1st round pick and cash...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

To get rid of Deng, I'm still hoping for a trade with Orlando centered around Vucevic, especially with Mamba and Mozgov already on that team.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

That's a pretty weird idea.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

Exactly. There is no incentive to stretch Deng unless he gives back $10m+.

The Lakers will look to trade Deng at the deadline or right around the draft if they are presented a deal that is too good to pass up. If they don't trade him before the start of Free Agency, they will look at the following options.

1) If a max player agrees to sign, trade him for any salary that is owed less than $18m. My guess is if the Lakers include cash, they can bring back a salary that opens up $2-3m more in salary cap space at worst.

2) If a max player agrees to sign and they can't trade him, they just will stretch him.

3) If we strike out on free agency, they will won't stretch him and will look to include his salary to bring back a worse contract.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

So for next summer my "dream" scenario would be...

Trade Deng and our 2019 1st for expiring contracts this season or to a team with cap space at the start of next summer

Sign Leonard to max deal

Sign Randle back with the remaining cap space we have, starting at 10+ million per season (that might not be enough depending on the type of season he has with N.O.)

Resign Rondo to the Room Exception (again, might not be enough)

Fill the rest of the roster with minimum contract ring chasers...

Ball/Rondo
Ingram/Hart
Leonard/Kuzma
James
Randle/Wagner

If there is too much bad history for Randle to come back then I would go after Cousins, but again, 10+ million might not be enough to land him depending on how he comes back from injury...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Jules/Mintz are not coming back to the Lakers. You can kiss that one goodbye.

If we have 8-10m in cap space, there will be a lot of interesting FAs to sign.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
To get rid of Deng, I'm still hoping for a trade with Orlando centered around Vucevic, especially with Mamba and Mozgov already on that team.

What/who else goes in that direction?
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Would you do this trade for Luol Deng?

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers Erase Luol Deng from the Books

Los Angeles Lakers Get: Jeremy Lin, 2019 second-round pick (via Charlotte Hornets)

Atlanta Hawks Get: Luol Deng, 2019 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick (top-20 protected)

This is asking a ton of the Atlanta Hawks front office after it already absorbed and bought out Carmelo Anthony's bloated contract to ship off Dennis Schroder to the Oklahoma City Thunder. But if they're willing to pay Luol Deng and assume even more financial responsibility, they should be able to get additional assets in future drafts that could help facilitate a stronger rebuild.

So let's operate under the assumption that the Peach State ownership team is indeed willing to shoulder those monetary burdens for the sake of future progress. If that's the case, why wouldn't the Lakers be willing to slough off Deng's albatross contract and attach first-round picks that are losing value as the team continues to improve?

Now that LeBron James is aboard, those selections aren't going to fall in the lottery. They may be closer to second-round selections by the time 2021 rolls around, especially because this move would clear up even more cap space for the pursuit of blockbuster additions in the summer of 2019.

Neither side would be particularly pleased with this swap. And yet, it would have long-term benefits for both.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788613-1-trade-idea-for-every-nba-team-post-free-agency#slide14

I would strongly consider it....allows the FO to know exactly the hand they will hold next summer, and allow decisions at the trade deadline that may not be possible if we are still concerned with Deng (like adding money that does not expire if low enough to still offer 2019 Max). I would try hard to change that 2021 pick to a 2022 1st even if I had to reduce protections to only lottery.

2021 will be a monster draft if they allow high school kids to enter the draft again as rumored.

So that means the lottery will essentially be top 20-22 just by virtue of adding 7-8 high school kids who will skip college.

I'd be very weary about trading a 2021 pick just to get off of Deng.

yeah, that is why I would prefer to lower to protections to move it out to 2022.

Givony at DX says the rule will most likely will be changed in 2022.

LINK: DX on Twitter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't believe Julius starting at C and playing 30 mins there per game is a great idea anyway... last year was perfect. Unless he was willing to come off the bench and play starter mins.

Jordan feels like a good fit as a starting defensive C that would end games on the bench when we move to death lineup.

Jordan/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

add cheap veteran shooters and I'd love that roster
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't believe Julius starting at C and playing 30 mins there per game is a great idea anyway... last year was perfect. Unless he was willing to come off the bench and play starter mins.

Jordan feels like a good fit as a starting defensive C that would end games on the bench when we move to death lineup.

Jordan/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

I don't think DJ is playing for 8-10m barring an injury or major decline in his game (decline will come as his game is based on athleticism).

8-10m/year is more in the Vucevic territory. The 3-5m/year range is Dedmon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jordan/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

I don't think DJ is playing for 8-10m barring an injury or major decline in his game (decline will come as his game is based on athleticism).

We'll see how he performs this year but the fact that as a FA he only got/took $24MM, tells me he either is hoping to get a major pay day next or the market is telling him his value is declining-- as is his athletic ability. Next year would remind me of Tyson Chandler by the time he got to Dallas (which is a ironic).

Speaking of Tyson, I am still hoping he is bought out any day now. Would be huge boost to our center depth. I feel like he's pushing for it behind closed doors but PHX wants to keep him to mentor Ayton.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

After Paul George Mintz client list is garbage so I don't really care for that guy.

Also we didn't care to keep randle so we r not going back to sign him
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jordan/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
Lonzo/Rondo

We'll see how he performs this year but the fact that as a FA he only got/took $24MM, tells me he either is hoping to get a major pay day next or the market is telling him his value is declining-- as is his athletic ability. Next year would remind me of Tyson Chandler by the time he got to Dallas (which is a ironic).

Speaking of Tyson, I am still hoping he is bought out any day now. Would be huge boost to our center depth. I feel like he's pushing for it behind closed doors but PHX wants to keep him to mentor Ayton.

If DJ took 8-10m/year I'm sure a LOT of teams would be gunning for him. Sounds like he wants to stay in Texas though. And their favorable state taxes and the fact he's from there makes it tougher to take a paycut and return to LA.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Noah mentoring anyone sounds insane. I don't think the game is a priority to him anymore but that's just my take. I think unless someone falls into their lap the team is done until at least the deadline.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Givony at DX says the rule will most likely will be changed in 2022.

LINK: DX on Twitter

if that is the case, then just make sure that a premium is placed on that year's picks....both 1st and 2nd Round picks....at the same time when making deals, maybe event try to accumulate some additional 2nd rounders for that year if teams will go for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6 of 8560
Jump to: