OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Bron and Ingram working out:

https://i.redd.it/7gfz04a5c3f11.jpg

I'm (bleep) hype

So stoked!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

BI approaches LBJ, looks at his shoulders. "So, do you work out?"
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

Man Ingram spent the first two months of his off season working out with two different trainers that he went out and searched for based on what he needed to work out. Now in early August he links up with Lebron (bleep) James? Think about the improvements he made last year working with just Brian Keefe, this year he's going to break the (bleep) out.

Another year of making LG pre season Ingram stat predictions look silly.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

LBJ picks him up, does 20 curls, puts him back down and says 'yeah, but usually with heavier weights.'
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

I'm (bleep) hype

Think that’s the most open I’ve seen Ingram’s eyes. Lebron got all the kids googlied 😆
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LBJ picks him up, does 20 curls, puts him back down and says 'yeah, but usually with heavier weights.'

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

I'm (bleep) hype

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I'm (bleep) hype

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I'm (bleep) hype

Think that’s the most open I’ve seen Ingram’s eyes. Lebron got all the kids googlied 😆

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

somewhat disappointed a bigger showing of Laker players didnt pop up once Lebron started hitting the Lakers practice facility. A big factor on how well/often you play will be on how well you mesh with Lebron so players should be soaking up as many reps as possible with him
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
somewhat disappointed a bigger showing of Laker players didnt pop up once Lebron started hitting the Lakers practice facility. A big factor on how well/often you play will be on how well you mesh with Lebron so players should be soaking up as many reps as possible with him

I mean, Kuz and BI were there. Zo can't really run yet. Hart just got back into town today. Wagner had some signing or something today.

Give it a couple days and we'll see everyone trickling in.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

When LeBron Joined the Lakers, Everything Changed for Brandon Ingram

Quote:
To put it plainly, there is nothing quite like playing with LeBron. What touches Ingram gets next season will come through a very different course. Many more of them will be secondary actions—quick, decisive extensions of a play already made. The physical location of Ingram's shots and moves could change as a result, tilting his game away from the middle of the floor and more toward the wings. Opportunities to survey the floor will likely be all but gone. So much of Ingram's involvement stands to change, from timing to placement to utility.

LINK
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
To put it plainly, there is nothing quite like playing with LeBron. What touches Ingram gets next season will come through a very different course. Many more of them will be secondary actions—quick, decisive extensions of a play already made. The physical location of Ingram's shots and moves could change as a result, tilting his game away from the middle of the floor and more toward the wings. Opportunities to survey the floor will likely be all but gone. So much of Ingram's involvement stands to change, from timing to placement to utility.

LINK

I agree with this. Though I'm interested to see what kind of secondary playmaker he can be.

If I'm BI, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

I agree with this. Though I'm interested to see what kind of secondary playmaker he can be.

I am hoping for more of a give and take from LeBron this season. With so many guys that can create their own shot or create shots for others I’m hoping LeBron defers for stretches of the game to allow for guys like a Brandon Ingram to carry more of the Burden and keep guys fresh all season.

I think Lonzo will excel starting things off in transition, then he can defer to LeBron, Brandon, Rondo etc in the half court and make those open 3’s. I’d like to see a lot of off ball action for shots and less iso and spread the floor during the middle portion of games and then LeBron closes it out in the 4th.

Really this team has so many different ways they can score it’s going to be very exciting to watch it unfold.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

If I'm Lebron, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day too. It'd help the inevitable next step for him when he has to take less responsibility on both ends as he gets older.

Per the article: After all, why would a decorated team with winning priorities invest so much for Ingram to do things that James can do better?

Well Ingram can "do" at least one thing better than James - be younger. In that sense, let the guy(s) with less mileage on their knees have more control of the ball as the seasons go by, and start to play off ball more. this was supposedly the plan Magic and Pelinka presented him anyway, right? More playmakers around him to lighten his load?

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

It will be a role change that Ingram will need to navigate through. I am sure he is well aware of that and he is preparing himself mentally for that. All while continuing to sharpen his skills. The place he can help Lebron the most is on defense.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

I even think it's better to have Lonzo as the secondary ball handler after Lebron.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.

I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

If I'm Lebron, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day too. It'd help the inevitable next step for him when he has to take less responsibility on both ends as he gets older.

Per the article: After all, why would a decorated team with winning priorities invest so much for Ingram to do things that James can do better?

Well Ingram can "do" at least one thing better than James - be younger. In that sense, let the guy(s) with less mileage on their knees have more control of the ball as the seasons go by, and start to play off ball more. this was supposedly the plan Magic and Pelinka presented him anyway, right? More playmakers around him to lighten his load?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

I think BI will be used as an "attacker" in scoring positions.

LBJ/Lonzo will primarily handle the rock. BI would be a great secondary playmaker IMO too.

In year 1, I expect the offense to be tilted more towards LBJ/Lonzo led.

BI will have a lot of open corner 3s, and chances to attack the rim off passes.

I just don't see BI taking over LBJ's portfolio yet. I do think LBJ sees that possibility in BI, and hopefully the 2019 max FA. That's probably why he didn't insist on trading BI for KL. But as for this upcoming season, this is what I see.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.

I saw Luke address this during the summer league and he almost laughed reiterating that Lebron will have the ball in his hands A LOT this season.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I saw Luke address this during the summer league and he almost laughed reiterating that Lebron will have the ball in his hands A LOT this season.

Of course he’ll have the ball in his hands a lot. It's one thing to have the ball a lot, it's another thing to give it to him at the top of the floor 98% of the time and try to generate offense from that while everyone else stands around and watches, waiting for the ball. Where he gets the ball and how he gets it matters a ton. But the main point is that the Lakers’ offense won't resemble Cleveland's from this past season. There's a difference between playing in a system and being the system.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Of course he’ll have the ball in his hands a lot. It's one thing to have the ball a lot, it's another thing to give it to him at the top of the floor 98% of the time and try to generate offense from that while everyone else stands around and watches, waiting for the ball. Where he gets the ball and how he gets it matters a ton. But the main point is that the Lakers’ offense won't resemble Cleveland's from this past season. There's a difference between playing in a system and being the system.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

So freaking hyped!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1139 of 1885
Jump to: