The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

https://m.imgur.com/a/NyiwhRv

Kuzma starting over KCP confirmed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Hi all how i can get body like Lebron. Asking for friend thx

I can get you a body better than that in 6-12 months as long as your not extremely out of shape.....but you will have to willing to sign for packages from former soviet bloc countries and not fear needles.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I can get you a body better than that in 6-12 months as long as your not extremely out of shape.....but you will have to willing to sign for packages from former soviet bloc countries and not fear needles.

All the steroids in the world wouldn't get you looking like the King in 6-12 months TBH
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

All the steroids in the world wouldn't get you looking like the King in 6-12 months TBH

OK....I will just say if that is your experience, then you have been evaluating the wrong products. Take your average untrained guy that is 5'11"-6' and 20ish lbs. overweight with decent genetics. I could easily throw on tons of mass on him in 4-6 months...and then carve him up in another 2 months....and produce a better "beach body" than Lebron. Lebron is built well...and very muscular for a basketball player....but send him out to the Ram's preseason camp and have him stand among some of their better built players, and he looks skinny...he is built like a large receiver.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

You can't be close to the athlete that Bron is, but on the right "program", you can look considerably more jacked than him in that time.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Right, Lavar... right. kidding
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

”LeBron James spends $1.5 million on his body every year”

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/lebron-james-spends-dollar15-million-on-his-body-every-year-still-gets-decent-roi/amp

You need $1.5 million.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

You can't be close to the athlete that Bron is, but on the right "program", you can look considerably more jacked than him in that time.

right....all the steroids and PED's in the world will not make you a world class athlete.....but they can make you look like one.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

right....all the steroids and PED's in the world will not make you a world class athlete.....but they can make you look like one.

Yup lol.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

eh, because of better tats?
Kuz is not a guard by any means and is better as a 6th man role anyway where he will have more touches

I think Hart should start over KCP btw
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Kuz is not a guard by any means and is better as a 6th man role anyway where he will have more touches

Based on what is kuzma 6th man?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Megaton wrote:

KCP is a better fit with LeBron, I like Hart off the bench.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

They apparently did two workouts today:

https://twitter.com/brotherhood05/status/1027748165456261120?s=21

Last edited by Judah on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
The Lakers Alltime team is absolutely overkill.

Magic
Kobe
LeBron
Kareem
Shaq

Geez and that's just the starting 5

D:

Amazing. That starting 5 could be the literal all-time NBA Top 5. Our bench would also likely beat any other Team’s all-time starting 5.

West
Baylor
Worthy
Malone (if you count his one year, otherwise replace with Pau)
Wilt
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
GTL wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

This mindset and commitment to taking care of himself — including spending upwards of $1.5 million annually according to his manager Maverick Carter — has been integral to him bucking the ageing trend.

Quote:
LeBron’s lifting regiment focuses on lower repetitions, higher weight exercises to increase his strength, power, explosiveness, and overall performance capacity. He makes sure to layer in variable routines that challenge his body — a key to generating new muscle.

Quote:

I’ve mentioned his trainer Mike Mancias multiple times now and other members of his team include:
•Donnie Raimon, the former Navy SEAL who serves as his biomechanist
•A team of physical coaches and trainers, and personal chefs and masseuses (his own and the Lakers, led by Gunnar Peterson)
•From a business and personal perspective — LeBron has his trusted agent Rich Paul and business manager Maverick Carter to handle all business matters. His wife, Savannah, takes care of all family matters in the interim.

Quote:
LeBron’s durability and ability to perform at this level for this long is a testament to how committed and dedicated he is to short, medium, and long-term proactive and preventative care. It isn’t some inexplicable mystery.

Many other players and teammates have commented on how LeBron prioritizes his rest, recovery, and health over anything else.

https://theinjuryinsight.com/lebron-james-durability-methodology/

I have no doubt these efforts have an impact, but I would be interested in some type of informed estimate on the overall impact on performance/injury reduction. These efforts are likely fractional compared to his genetics, and even good fortune....but even if it only has a 3% impact on keeping him healthy, it is probably well worth the cost for him.

Yeah. Kobe probably kept the same insane regimen but he also played through so many injuries (whereas LBJ barely has been hurt). It seemed the eventual ripple effects of those injuries caught up to him.

Also, Kobe was 6'5, so when he got older and lost his athleticism, was a bit tougher to enforce his physical will. LBJ is 6'8/6'9, 260 pounds, so as he loses a few steps, he will likely play closer to the rim and will force teams to have weird matchups against him as most conventional PFs won't have a chance to defend him.

LeBron is a freak of nature, he's just so strong and big, his athleticism is still elite even at 33/34.

Now, while he was still able to dunk to an extent even at 38, Kobe's small hands made it harder for him to control the ball in the air with less hops as he got into that last season. Also, I believe Kobe is closer to 6'6/6'7.

Don't think Kobe has small hands......where do people get this stuff?

I've met him a few times during signings in his earlier years. I'm 5'10, and my hands are average size, and when I shook his hand, his fingers were relatively short. Slightly bigger than my hands, which as I stated, are about average size for a guy my height.

For a man his size, he has small hands, which was confirmed by Phil Jackson (to be fair, in comparison to MJ, in which everyone has small hands compared to) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9YRCbBAV8

And Kobe himself mentioning that he wasn't blessed with big hands like MJ or Dr. J and had to work on making his hands stronger because of this -

https://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-talks-about-hand-size-comparisons-with-michael-jordan/2013/06/09/

Quote:
“Michael was blessed with massive hands and Dr. J (Julius Erving) as well and some of these other players. I wasn’t. I have big hands, but (Jordan and Erving) can literally pick up the ball like an orange, so I’ve had to do things to strengthen my hands, strengthen my forearms to make sure I have that grip to be able to do it. They obviously had the natural capabilities to do it. I had to work to get that strength to be able to do it.”

Just as a comparison -

https://www.viralhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Michael-Jordan-Kobe-Bryant-Identical.jpg

Also, watch the clip of Jordan and Kobe talking during the 2003 All Star Game, when Kobe says to Michael, "Now Mike, where were you going to go?" In regards to him blocking his jump shot the possession prior. MJ places his hand on Kobe's ribcage area, and Kobe then puts his hand over MJ's, in which Kobe's hand literally looked tiny in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOFTlUoHck @0:27

Stu Lantz also mentioned Kobe's smaller hand size when he went up for a dunk/facial against Josh Smith at Staples, post dunk during the replay, he said "Just think if he could palm the ball"...which of course, is referencing the fact that his hands aren't big enough to comfortably grip the basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8h_LiEzIA @0:35

Now, I've been obsessed (to a fault to be honest) with Kobe's hand size and how it's affected his game for years. You're talking to the one guy who has analyzed pictures, videos, and game-play style/dunking/controlling the ball when it comes to Kobe. He never utilized the one hand ball fake in front of a defender, pretty much majority of the time cupped the ball when going up for a dunk, and for the most part, if you slow motion his dunks, would lose grip while up in the air but would jam it in quickly enough so that it wouldn't slip out. His fingers are short and stubby, and his palms aren't that big either. Compare his hand size to other players he's played against on one-one plays via YouTube, you will see for yourself.

Now there are also advantages to his smaller hand size. I do want to clarify that point.

(I told you I was obsessed )

Nice support argument!!! LOL, I knew you were right and when I saw the comment suggesting you might not be, I was wondering what the response would be.

You said it!!! Good job!!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Well, heck, I can get him that kind of body too, but he will ONLY get to be with it for an hour or less, and he will probably have to take some abuse from it. Also LOTS OF $$$$$$$$.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Why is KCP a better fit?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Why is KCP a better fit?

I think he’s better at switching on to point guards. I know hart is known as a defender but his lateral quickness isn’t on KCPs level. I also think we will need Hart’s scoring, rebounding and leadership in the second unit.

Rondo
Hart
Lance
Kuzma
Beasley

Is basically another starting unit. I really don’t think it looks as strong without hart though idk why.

Lonzo
Kcp
Ingram
Lebron
McGee

This unit would have too many ball handlers with hart imo
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

Or better yet, all time bench player top 5 Laker lineup?

Something like:

Fisher
Cooper
Horry
Odom
Thompson
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
GTL wrote:

Or better yet, all time bench player top 5 Laker lineup?

Something like:

Fisher
Cooper
Horry
Odom
Thompson

What about Pau?!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
They apparently did two workouts today:

https://twitter.com/brotherhood05/status/1027748165456261120?s=21

LeBron already has these boys WORKING

This season is going be special...
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

the wait is killing me

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo, you better get your ass healthy ASAP and join them.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Lonzo, you better get your ass healthy ASAP and join them.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Why is KCP a better fit?

Because he’s faster in transition and that is what we are gonna need in the starting line up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 763 of 2079
Jump to: