OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 1148, 1149, 1150  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127494
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

It will be a role change that Ingram will need to navigate through. I am sure he is well aware of that and he is preparing himself mentally for that. All while continuing to sharpen his skills. The place he can help Lebron the most is on defense.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 31988
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

I even think it's better to have Lonzo as the secondary ball handler after Lebron.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 10109

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4028
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
When LeBron Joined the Lakers, Everything Changed for Brandon Ingram

Quote:
To put it plainly, there is nothing quite like playing with LeBron. What touches Ingram gets next season will come through a very different course. Many more of them will be secondary actions—quick, decisive extensions of a play already made. The physical location of Ingram's shots and moves could change as a result, tilting his game away from the middle of the floor and more toward the wings. Opportunities to survey the floor will likely be all but gone. So much of Ingram's involvement stands to change, from timing to placement to utility.


LINK


I agree with this. Though I'm interested to see what kind of secondary playmaker he can be.

If I'm BI, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day.



If I'm Lebron, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day too. It'd help the inevitable next step for him when he has to take less responsibility on both ends as he gets older.

Per the article: After all, why would a decorated team with winning priorities invest so much for Ingram to do things that James can do better?

Well Ingram can "do" at least one thing better than James - be younger. In that sense, let the guy(s) with less mileage on their knees have more control of the ball as the seasons go by, and start to play off ball more. this was supposedly the plan Magic and Pelinka presented him anyway, right? More playmakers around him to lighten his load?

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92527
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
When LeBron Joined the Lakers, Everything Changed for Brandon Ingram

Quote:
To put it plainly, there is nothing quite like playing with LeBron. What touches Ingram gets next season will come through a very different course. Many more of them will be secondary actions—quick, decisive extensions of a play already made. The physical location of Ingram's shots and moves could change as a result, tilting his game away from the middle of the floor and more toward the wings. Opportunities to survey the floor will likely be all but gone. So much of Ingram's involvement stands to change, from timing to placement to utility.


LINK


I agree with this. Though I'm interested to see what kind of secondary playmaker he can be.

If I'm BI, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day.



If I'm Lebron, I'm shooting 1000+ 3s from the corners each day too. It'd help the inevitable next step for him when he has to take less responsibility on both ends as he gets older.

Per the article: After all, why would a decorated team with winning priorities invest so much for Ingram to do things that James can do better?

Well Ingram can "do" at least one thing better than James - be younger. In that sense, let the guy(s) with less mileage on their knees have more control of the ball as the seasons go by, and start to play off ball more. this was supposedly the plan Magic and Pelinka presented him anyway, right? More playmakers around him to lighten his load?

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


I think BI will be used as an "attacker" in scoring positions.

LBJ/Lonzo will primarily handle the rock. BI would be a great secondary playmaker IMO too.

In year 1, I expect the offense to be tilted more towards LBJ/Lonzo led.

BI will have a lot of open corner 3s, and chances to attack the rim off passes.

I just don't see BI taking over LBJ's portfolio yet. I do think LBJ sees that possibility in BI, and hopefully the 2019 max FA. That's probably why he didn't insist on trading BI for KL. But as for this upcoming season, this is what I see.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 37117

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:


_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 31988
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.


I saw Luke address this during the summer league and he almost laughed reiterating that Lebron will have the ball in his hands A LOT this season.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3325

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.


I saw Luke address this during the summer league and he almost laughed reiterating that Lebron will have the ball in his hands A LOT this season.

Of course he’ll have the ball in his hands a lot. It's one thing to have the ball a lot, it's another thing to give it to him at the top of the floor 98% of the time and try to generate offense from that while everyone else stands around and watches, waiting for the ball. Where he gets the ball and how he gets it matters a ton. But the main point is that the Lakers’ offense won't resemble Cleveland's from this past season. There's a difference between playing in a system and being the system.
_________________
”It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.”

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4028
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
RG73 wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I feel like the article writer forgets players always lose to Father Time in the end. While I agree with the premise that Ingram will have "developmental whiplash" because yes, he will get less touches now, I disagree that Lebron has to continue to do all the things Ingram was learning to do just because he's better at it right now. Both are going to have to evolve if they want to make this work.


I feel like the article forgets to mention that Lebron has said he wants to be off ball more and that the construction of this team was done with James's blessing and that he was well aware that he is now on a team with multiple playmakers. He's got at least 3 guys now he can let take turns running point while he goes off ball. I don't think anything Lebron has said indicates a desire to return to his ridiculously high usage in Cleveland last season. So without a doubt BI will have some growing pains, but I think we'll get to see him reprise his role as point forward, and he'll probably learn a thing or two from Lebron on how to do that better. I think that might be the bigger struggle is fitting into some sort of 'swiss army knife' kind of role where he's going to be called upon to do so many different things this season--not just switching into one static role as a catch-and-shoot end point for Lebron's passes.

But really, I think the focus is too much on offense. I think we'd all like to see the growth on defense.


I saw Luke address this during the summer league and he almost laughed reiterating that Lebron will have the ball in his hands A LOT this season.

Of course he’ll have the ball in his hands a lot. It's one thing to have the ball a lot, it's another thing to give it to him at the top of the floor 98% of the time and try to generate offense from that while everyone else stands around and watches, waiting for the ball. Where he gets the ball and how he gets it matters a ton. But the main point is that the Lakers’ offense won't resemble Cleveland's from this past season. There's a difference between playing in a system and being the system.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 870

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:


So freaking hyped!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 959
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Man, he looks really bigger than last year. In these few videos from the workouts his shoulders are like two times bigger. Love it. He is doing progress its easy to see it. Kepp up BI.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TrekLife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 2191

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngmLjOSxoM&feature=youtu.be
Is this a new video? And if so, who are these guys he's working with?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19099
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Seems like NBA fans are more attached to Jaylen Brown’s potential then Ingram’s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 37117

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Seems like NBA fans are more attached to Jaylen Brown’s potential then Ingram’s.


NBA fans will always minimize anything Lakers-related.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3325

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

TrekLife wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dngmLjOSxoM&feature=youtu.be
Is this a new video? And if so, who are these guys he's working with?

No, it's not new. It's about three months old. But I believe that's theskillfactory he's working with.
_________________
”It is about the greatness of God, not the significance of man. God made man small and the universe big to say something about Himself.”

- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2005
Posts: 3332

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject:

1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19099
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/


I like Ingles game but putting him above Ingram is ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4028
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4028
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/


I like Ingles game but putting him above Ingram is ridiculous.


Agreed..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 22540

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/


I like Ingles game but putting him above Ingram is ridiculous.


Agreed..


I think iggy and Ariza are too high considering age.
And I think an argument can be made for Ingles above BI when using last year's numbers. But we're assuming BI improves this year.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13444

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great vid GT. I didn't expect BI to look this good off ball?
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10775

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
1st and 11th, nice
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/12/nba-projections-2018-19-top-small-forwards-lebron-james-kevin-durant/


I like Ingles game but putting him above Ingram is ridiculous.


Agreed..


He locked PG up and outplayed him
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 318

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Man Ingram really does look more swole. Awesome. I am his biggest fan. People keep harping about him not meeting up with Kobe (and maybe he low key has) but I like his work ethic and his uniqueness as a player so either way, he seems to be ALL in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 318

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

And I laugh at the fact that there have been some people telling me Tatum AND Brown are both better players than Ingram. Ingram will literally be tiers above Brown sooner than later. Tatum is great but Ingram is greater.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 10775

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Man Ingram really does look more swole. Awesome. I am his biggest fan. People keep harping about him not meeting up with Kobe (and maybe he low key has) but I like his work ethic and his uniqueness as a player so either way, he seems to be ALL in.


Bleep Kobe off the court. He's doing the same thing to the young Lakers he accused Magic of doing to him.
_________________
Coach: Luuuuuuuuuuuke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1142, 1143, 1144 ... 1148, 1149, 1150  Next
Page 1143 of 1150
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB