Post here if you believe the Lakers will win a ring this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Of course I believe they have a chance to win this year, as I do before the start of every season. Only this season I may believe it a little more than I have for quite some time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

LBJ is going to be a problem for a lot of teams.

I also think we will trade some expiring deals by the deadline and pick up some buyout guys. So the team may look different and our youngsters will literally get better by the month.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ is going to be a problem for a lot of teams.

I also think we will trade some expiring deals by the deadline and pick up some buyout guys. So the team may look different and our youngsters will literally get better by the month.

I can't picture any scenario where a team can consistently and effectively contain Lebron, then new and improved Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart, 4 guys who can beat you off the dribble and open up everyone else's game with exceptional abilities to get inside or score outside. Imo, no other team has that many players doing that. Then other guys like Wagner & Svi should be able to at least do one or the other well.

A bench of quality players should out play other benches on most nights.

Throw in Lonzo leading Showtime, and Rondo supporting him, and you know defense can't stop everything.

I also expect the young guys to get better each month, but practices and traveling will interrupt personal improvements. Most of their improvements should occur between May and October. As rookies adjust to the NBA, they may look better. I even expect Zubac to bring more game than before and benefit from Lebron pushing him.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Championship chances ???

I'm stealing a bit Chick Hearn's thunder:

The Lakers have a chance between slim and none, and Slim just left the building.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

It’s a game of matchups. We have a chance to beat anyone come playoff time and the warriors are included.

Luke Walton and JaVale McGee bring some inside info on how to beat them.

Lebron is very familiar with how to beat them and what it takes.

Rondo, lebron, McGee and Walton bring championship experience to the squad. They know what it takes to win it all.

Our young players played well against the warriors last season. They are only going to get better individually this season.

We upgraded at every position and our bench is a starting lineup compared to last season

Idk...I feel like we’re not giving our own team enough credit. I feel like we lost a lot of close games last year lebron won’t let us lose.

I feel like we played a bunch of d league talent to finish the season.

I feel like we played with a lot of different starting lineups because lonzo and Ingram missed time

I feel like we couldn’t play as fast as we wanted with Brook. McGee let’s us run all game long.

We’re better than we get credit for imo
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
It’s a game of matchups. We have a chance to beat anyone come playoff time and the warriors are included.

Rondo, lebron, McGee and Walton bring championship experience to the squad. They know what it takes to win it all.

Our young players played well against the warriors last season. They are only going to get better individually this season.

We upgraded at every position and our bench is a starting lineup compared to last season

Idk...I feel like we’re not giving our own team enough credit. I feel like we lost a lot of close games last year lebron won’t let us lose.

I feel like we played with a lot of different starting lineups because lonzo and Ingram missed time

I feel like we couldn’t play as fast as we wanted with Brook. McGee let’s us run all game long.

Well said!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I may be crazy, but I think we are legit contenders this year!
I can see a scenario where we get the 1 or 2 seed and WrecK the Dubs in the WCF. LeBron can beat the East by himself, so that gets the Larry O’Brien back where it belongs. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

However, I thought we were a 55 win team when we traded Shaq 🤦‍♂️😂
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are one Curry and/or Durant injury away from winning it all next season...!
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

IMHO there is a legitimate chance. Also a legitimate chance of a complete blow-up.

If there are no serious injuries and the team comes together and plays unselfish, team ball, we will be a scary bunch. The strategy of playmakers, defenders, veterans, young talent is actually pretty good. The team can run and is a legitimate 10 deep. Lot's of competition in practice. Add this to the negative press and I think the new vets will be looking to show them wrong. I think the negative press plays in our favor.

A controlled blast is very effective. Uncontrolled, is just disaster.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Lakers are one Curry and/or Durant injury away from winning it all next season...!

We played the Warriors tough last year when Curry and Durant were both playing.. now we have more experience and a dominate LeBron with young players ready to break out.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
KOBE2007MVP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I always think Vegas knows best. Those wise guys know the real deal and they already ranked the Lakers 4th in the west so I'm going with that!
GO LAKERS!!!
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Post here if you believe the Lakers have a chance to win this year

lakersboy wrote:
I realize most of people believe there's no chance this season, but I'm looking for who believes there is a possibility that this team could win a ring in 18/19.

I believe Hart, Kuzma, and Ingram will be far better than they're all given credit for and will make Zo's, LeBron's, and Rondo's job a lot easier. I anticipate other x factors in Zubac, Wagner, or other role player(s) (Svi?)

The bench should be dominating.

The defense should be very good and able to switch everything effectively when the right guys are on the floor in the end.

They may not win it all....but I believe they could.

If we make the playoffs it'll be a major accomplishment. Winning a ring? I just don't see it happening, not that I don't want it to happen. If the Warriors are healthy, no team is going to beat them this upcoming year....and maybe even the year after.

Vegas has us winning 48 games? Now that can certainly happen. It's only 13 games better than last year, and one would think with the addition of LeBron, he alone is worth at least 13 additional victories.

50 wins and making it to the second round of the playoffs would be fantastic. That's as far as my hopes can take me right now. But that could change as the year plays out.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Yep! That's how I roll every year!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Of course there is a chance.

Every team has a chance.
no, every team doesnt have a chance. some teams are going to intentionally tank this year so those teams dont have a chance due to them trying not to win games. other teams just dont have the talent to compete at a very high level. so they dont have a chance either.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Every team has a chance.
no, every team doesnt have a chance. some teams are going to intentionally tank this year so those teams dont have a chance due to them trying not to win games. other teams just dont have the talent to compete at a very high level. so they dont have a chance either.

If Curry and Durant get injured, the Clippers have a chance to win it all this year
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Every team has a chance.

Every team does have a chance no matter how slim those chances are, there is still a chance.

Vegas odds below:

Golden State5/4
Houston7/2
Philadelphia7/2
Boston8/1
San Antonio25/1
LosAngeles20/1
Miami20/1
Cleveland30/1
Toronto40/1
Utah60/1
Portland80/1
Oklahoma City60/1
NewOrleans80/1
Minnesota80/1
Denver100/1
Milwaukee100/1
Washington100/1
New York100/1
Indiana100/1
LAClippers100/1
Phoenix200/1
Charlotte300/1
Detroit300/1
Brooklyn300/1
Sacramento300/1
Chicago300/1
Dallas300/1
Memphis500/1
Orlando500/1
Atlanta1000/1
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Every team has a chance.

Every team does have a chance no matter how slim those chances are, there is still a chance.

Vegas odds below:

Golden State5/4
Houston7/2
Philadelphia7/2
Boston8/1
San Antonio25/1
LosAngeles20/1
Miami20/1
Cleveland30/1
Toronto40/1
Utah60/1
Portland80/1
Oklahoma City60/1
NewOrleans80/1
Minnesota80/1
Denver100/1
Milwaukee100/1
Washington100/1
New York100/1
Indiana100/1
LAClippers100/1
Phoenix200/1
Charlotte300/1
Detroit300/1
Brooklyn300/1
Sacramento300/1
Chicago300/1
Dallas300/1
Memphis500/1
Orlando500/1
Atlanta1000/1

Every person has a chance to win the lottery, if they buy a ticket. You can't win if you don't play. Some teams intentionally don't play to win the championship.

Still, winning the championship is far different from a random chance of winning a lottery. You have to have good enough talent to win. History suggests that 14 teams aren't going to have key injuries so that the number 15 team wins. This thread is about a real chance, not about fantasy.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

We played the Warriors tough last year when Curry and Durant were both playing.. now we have more experience and a dominate LeBron with young players ready to break out.

Lakers vs. Warriors Nov 29 127-123 OT
Lakers vs. Warriors Dec 18 116-114 OT
Warriors vs Lakers Dec 22 113-106
Warriors vs Lakers Mar 14 117-106

I think the Lakers are much better next season so why wouldn't they compete against GSW? A questionable Boogie cousins? A lack of Randle and Lopez?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

More like GS getting up to play the Lakers. No need to last season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

How are we better than we get credit for, when we havent played a game yet?

All you did was list reasons for optimism. Which is fine, but let’s not confuse that with a full 360 analysis.

We need to watch them play together before they get any credit for their play.

I expect it to be bumpy at first but that we’ll eventually settle in.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Crazy: Sheed - Lance
Muscle: Ben - Bron
Shooter: Rip - Kuz
Skeletor: Tashaun - BI
Euro: Milicic - Mo Wasabonga
IQ: ?Billups? - Rondo

Yes, we have a chance
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Every team has a chance.

Wrong. Every team has a chance, it’s just very, very small for some teams, and much bigger for others.

The only teams that do not have a chance, are those who are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Crazy: Sheed - Lance
Muscle: Ben - Bron
Shooter: Rip - Kuz
Skeletor: Tashaun - BI
Euro: Milicic - Mo Wasabonga
IQ: ?Billups? - Rondo

Yes, we have a chance

The comparison looks pretty accurate
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

I do believe they have a "chance", but it's more like a Dumb and Dumber chance... I think next year (2019/20) they will have a legit chance...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: