KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Even his “thank you” message was written in Lakers purple!
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Even his “thank you” message was written in Lakers purple!

Pics or didn't happen
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to see the stat lines of BI and KL after the season. I have a feeling their stats will be close. Closer then people think.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I'd love to see the stat lines of BI and KL after the season. I have a feeling their stats will be close. Closer then people think.

Not sure. KL will be feed first in Toronto, LBJ will have that role in LA, so
it remains to be seen what BI's role will be. At this point, I can't see how
KL/BI STAT's lines will be comparable.

Maybe we're just looking at BI capacity to reach similar STAT's for a couple
of seasons, which is fine.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I’m looking at it this way: leonard’s already reached his peak, but he’s almost 30 and he’s coming off that injury, which I think will bring his stats down a bit. BI’s on an upward trajectory, plus James is getting older too, so he might get his top supporting guys more involved than he would’ve if he were younger.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
deal wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I’m looking at it this way: leonard’s already reached his peak, but he’s almost 30 and he’s coming off that injury, which I think will bring his stats down a bit. BI’s on an upward trajectory, plus James is getting older too, so he might get his top supporting guys more involved than he would’ve if he were younger.

If KL is 80% of his old self, he will be heads and shoulders above BI. And KL is only 27, not 30.

BI will have to deal with having so many other players who need the ball. And he's only 20 years old so he has time.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Plus we can have BOTH BI and KL, so I don't really care about comparing them
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
deal wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

If KL is 80% of his old self, he will be heads and shoulders above BI. And KL is only 27, not 30.

BI will have to deal with having so many other players who need the ball. And he's only 20 years old so he has time.

These are all great points. Personally, I'll be happy if BI can learn how to take over, when to take over and do that effectively. I'm not locked into the STATs
but into his actual control of his game.

I'm sure we are all looking for a some similar and some not so similar things, but that's ok.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Yup. Imagine a wing trio of LBJ/KL/BI.

That is scary.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

I would agree that the gap between Leonard and Ingram will begin to close. Just not sure how quickly it will.

I am optimistic that Ingram will improve and contribute. IMO a star in the making. His stats will continue to improve as he does but this year come could be odd as the team works out roles and pecking order. Consistent, overall stats may not reflect Ingram’s overall role.

Leonard will be interesting. Until he proves his health this season I still have some doubts he will ever return to the player he was. Even an 80% Leonard will still be a hell of a player. But will he also only play 80% of the games?

I think Ingram is ascending as Leonard begins his decline. Only a matter of time before they meet somewhere in the middle stats and impact wise. Just depends on the when. This season feels a bit too soon.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I would agree that the gap between Leonard and Ingram will begin to close. Just not sure how quickly it will.

I am optimistic that Ingram will improve and contribute. IMO a star in the making. His stats will continue to improve as he does but this year come could be odd as the team works out roles and pecking order. Consistent, overall stats may not reflect Ingram’s overall role.

Leonard will be interesting. Until he proves his health this season I still have some doubts he will ever return to the player he was. Even an 80% Leonard will still be a hell of a player. But will he also only play 80% of the games?

I think Ingram is ascending as Leonard begins his decline. Only a matter of time before they meet somewhere in the middle stats and impact wise. Just depends on the when. This season feels a bit too soon.

BI is only 20.

KL has that injury, but will now be able to showcase whether he's back or not.

Remember, KL is one of the only people on earth who can say that they stood toe to toe against a prime LBJ and beat him as a 1 on 1 defender.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

BI is only 20.

KL has that injury, but will now be able to showcase whether he's back or not.

Remember, KL is one of the only people on earth who can say that they stood toe to toe against a prime LBJ and beat him as a 1 on 1 defender.

As I stated, it will be interesting. That Leonard was pretty amazing. Will we ever see that player again?

Until he proves otherwise I am not expecting it. It continues to overlooked but both reported Spurs and his own camp's explanation of his injury have some troubling long term ramifications. His "showcase" could easily be 20 games before he has to sit out a few. Then repeat. Or lingering effects take a step away on a nightly basis.

And Ingram may never reach that level of a prime MVP candidate Leonard. I just continue to be optimistic (maybe foolishly) that Ingram will develop into a top 20 All-star level player over the next couple years.

I can be happy with that. Especially if he is the leader of a deep and competitive team. I would be thrilled if Ingram played the Robin role to James' Batman for a couple years then switches roles in the final years of James' career.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I like KL’s signature, which highlights his freakishly big hands.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Okay, suppose we actually get Leonard next year... what's our starting lineup? What's our closing lineup?

By next year, if we don't re-sign our FAs or don't trade for anybody else (doubt it) within this upcoming season, we're left with a roster of:

James
Deng
Ingram
Zubac (Team Option)
Ball
Kuzma
Hart
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Bonga

So far:

PG: Ball
SG: Hart
SF: Ingram
PF: Leonard
C: James

Then Kuzma and our three rookies will be on the bench.

I'm guessing Zubac is out barring major improvement.

Maybe we go for something like:

PG: James
SG: Ball
C: Free Agent

Kuzma and Hart off the bench?

But hey, James is likely to play more off-ball with us... flip Ball and James?

It's a tricky lineup situation, and it hinges on how James fares this upcoming season on limited C minutes. But hey, it's a problem I'd love for us to have next year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
Okay, suppose we actually get Leonard next year... what's our starting lineup? What's our closing lineup?

By next year, if we don't re-sign our FAs or don't trade for anybody else (doubt it) within this upcoming season, we're left with a roster of:

James
Deng
Ingram
Zubac (Team Option)
Ball
Kuzma
Hart
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Bonga

So far:

It's a tricky lineup situation, and it hinges on how James fares this upcoming season on limited C minutes. But hey, it's a problem I'd love for us to have next year.

Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
LeBron
Mo

Close:
Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
Kuz
Lebron
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

James
Deng
Ingram
Zubac (Team Option)
Ball
Kuzma
Hart
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Bonga

So far:

Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
LeBron
Mo

Close:
Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
Kuz
Lebron

We would need to stretch or trade Deng to sign Leonard. We would also have additional cap room from getting rid of Deng along with the room exception. This team will be stacked next year if we get Kawhi.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
deal wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

First off all, don't twist physical prime into "almost 30." The 27-29 age range is when players like Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Curry, etc. had their best statistical seasons. It's more likely that Leonard hasn't hit his peak yet.

Even if Ingram makes an astronomical jump statistically, Leonard is still going to be a DPOY-caliber defender while Ingram still has to prove's he's not a net-negative in that regard.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Exactly.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
danzag wrote:

Exactly.

seems like a lot of counting chickens before they’re hatched.

it will be a consolation, if the Lakers get another free agent instead of KL.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

If we are able to trade Deng for 0, instead of stretching him and sign Kawhi or another max, we would have 12M to throw at a starting C. Cousins, Randle, Lopez twins, Dedmon, Vucevic, Taj Gibson

C/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/J.Hart
L.Ball/Room excpeton
esdinc369
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If we are able to trade Deng for 0, instead of stretching him and sign Kawhi or another max, we would have 12M to throw at a starting C. Cousins, Randle, Lopez twins, Dedmon, Vucevic, Taj Gibson

C/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/J.Hart
L.Ball/Room excpeton

I think I rather give the remaining salary to a 3-D guy like Ariza or Middleton.Middleton would be nice but I believe he would get like 20m+ with his production
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
deal wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

First off all, don't twist physical prime into "almost 30." The 27-29 age range is when players like Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Curry, etc. had their best statistical seasons. It's more likely that Leonard hasn't hit his peak yet.

Even if Ingram makes an astronomical jump statistically, Leonard is still going to be a DPOY-caliber defender while Ingram still has to prove's he's not a net-negative in that regard.

Twisting?

Ok, he’s in his late twenties, and he’s coming off a significant potentially chronic injury. That’s the difference. There’s a good chance we see a drop off in performance. Did Kobe sit out a year due to an injury like that in his prime years; late twenties,
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24365520/bruce-bowen-la-clippers-game-analyst

Quote:
Bruce Bowen won't be back as Clippers analyst after Kawhi Leonard comments

Get out of here, Jerry!
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

I had a feeling they would do that as soon as he said those things.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

esdinc369 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

C/Wagner
LeBron/Kuzma
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/J.Hart
L.Ball/Room excpeton

I think I rather give the remaining salary to a 3-D guy like Ariza or Middleton.Middleton would be nice but I believe he would get like 20m+ with his production

huh another wing would be one of the last things we would need if we have Lebron,Kawhi,BI,Kuz,Hart,Svi
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 617, 618, 619 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 618 of 878
Jump to: