MICHAEL BEASLEY (1-year $3.5M) chose Lakers over OKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if we will see a 3-headed monster, splitting about 16 minutes each to Zubac, McGee, and Beasley. I could see McGee starting, Zubac next, and Beasley playing the last 4 minutes of each quarter.

That would free up more minutes at the backup PF behind Lebron to give to Kuzma.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I wonder if we will see a 3-headed monster, splitting about 16 minutes each to Zubac, McGee, and Beasley. I could see McGee starting, Zubac next, and Beasley playing the last 4 minutes of each quarter.

That would free up more minutes at the backup PF behind Lebron to give to Kuzma.

Who knows what will happen with the 5 spot. McGee is really only suited for about 20 minutes a game; anyone's guess if Zubac or Wagner can earn time; and Beasley might be able to team with Lebron playing small ball center, but the defense would truly be terrible.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

McGee (16) | Beasley (20) | LeBron (12)
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

I think Beasley will get mins at the back up C unless we need size then Zubac will get some.

at least that's how I'd do it....
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

I think Beasley will get mins at the back up C unless we need size then Zubac will get some.

Looks good to me. I really think we play 10 deep all year long and in the playoffs. I know teams don’t usually do that but ya one our major strengths. This might be the deepest laker team I’ve ever seen. Our two worst players are our draft picks from this year and they are pretty good. I even like wear and Caruso on 2-way contracts
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

Looks good to me. I really think we play 10 deep all year long and in the playoffs. I know teams don’t usually do that but ya one our major strengths. This might be the deepest laker team I’ve ever seen. Our two worst players are our draft picks from this year and they are pretty good. I even like wear and Caruso on 2-way contracts

Really like the minute distribution, 2019. I would have Rondo and Ball split 24mins a piece though.

I also think it a good idea to go ten deep, even in the playoffs to keep everyone fresh in the 4th. Anyone who has played basketball knows being tired can affect everything from your jumper to your defense.

Even the best players in the world can play bad if they are exhausted, it really is our greatest advantage.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

I think Rondo will get more than 18 minutes....but they may not take much away from Lonzo....maybe a minute or two from Pope, Hart and even Lance some nights when Luke rolls with a 3 guard lineup for stretches.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

Really like the minute distribution, 2019. I would have Rondo and Ball split 24mins a piece though.

I also think it a good idea to go ten deep, even in the playoffs to keep everyone fresh in the 4th. Anyone who has played basketball knows being tired can affect everything from your jumper to your defense.

Even the best players in the world can play bad if they are exhausted, it really is our greatest advantage.

I debated about how many mins Rondo should get during the regular season and I think 18-20 feels about right. I have a hard time seeing Lonzo cut down below 28 so maybe it's 28/20. But playoff time, I could easily see it closer to a equal split between.

Luke like's to spread mins out to keep guys fresh so I agree that we'll see 10 deep.. especially considering our starting C really only should play 16mins max.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

LeBron's going to get 30" minimum (same as you), IMO. Zo & Rondo could go 24-24 to start the season and then whoever takes over will get the most.

This years rookies are kinda screwed this season but Mo & Svi could see
some garbage time...Bonga should be buried in the g-league until further notice...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Beasely winning me over....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/1002091/NBA-trade-news-Lakers-Ball-James-Leonard-announcement-Celtics-rumours-gossip-news

People who don't know the value of Lonzo, don't know basketball, and I'g glad Beasely knows basketball.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“I’m a big Lonzo fan. I don’t understand how Lonzo gets so much criticism, averaging almost 11 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, a steal and a block per game,” said Beasley.

“Granted, his percentages were low, but you all think Russell Westbrook can shoot, and he’s got the same three-point percentage.

“Two years ago, Malcolm Brogdon won Rookie of the Year with 10 points and three rebounds a game, but now Lonzo is 11-7-7 and he’s a bust?

“I’m a Lonzo fan.

“I think if you just let him play and not worry about if he can shoot or not, I think you will see a player that knows how and wants to play a complete game of basketball.”

Lonzo is unselfish and doesn't care about his stats. Guys are going to love playing with him.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Beas might not have a great IQ, but he is definitely smarter than Paul George (choosing Lakers over OKC).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Beasley is a flat out baller and will surprise a lot of people this year
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Beasley has an extremely high pts/min rate only bested by guys like Lebron, Ginannis, AD, Westbrook, etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Beasley has an extremely high pts/min rate only bested by guys like Lebron, Ginannis, AD, Westbrook, etc

Etc is pretty decent.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Just catching up on the Beaz interview - as many have already said, I like where his head is at right now. Great commentary on Lonzo, also Kuz and Hart, and the Lakers organization.

The Crazy Uncles??

This team is WAY deeper than last year's squad. And very versatile now. Luke has a real puzzle on his hands as to how to best utilize a ridiculously deep squad from the 2 to 4 positions, with 2 starting quality point guards sharing time as well.

Only caveat for me is I still have a hard time picturing Beasley sliding all the way to the 5 spot for extended minutes. I'd like to see him with good playing time paired up with Hart and Kuz when Ingram, KCP and Lebron are sitting, but it would be nice to have someone like Zu backing them up on D near the rim while we turn Beaz loose against wings and PF's.

Luke's decision - this'll be interesting to see.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Etc is pretty decent.

Hahaha. Theres only like 6 or 7 guys in the league that outscore him on a pts/min basis. Couldnt remember them all but they’re all superstars. I think KD is in tehre too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Etc is pretty decent.

Hahaha. Theres only like 6 or 7 guys in the league that outscore him on a pts/min basis. Couldnt remember them all but they’re all superstars. I think KD is in tehre too.

Not surprised by this at all, a lot of people thought Beasley could have been special but he was dealing with a lot of stuff but he might still end up being very solid as he’s only 29.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Etc is pretty decent.

Not surprised by this at all, a lot of people thought Beasley could have been special but he was dealing with a lot of stuff but he might still end up being very solid as he’s only 29.

In 2017-18, Beasley was #48 on points scored per 36 minutes. About 13 of the 48 played fewer than 50 games, so that puts Beasley at around #35 for players who were in a significant number of games.

Per 36 minute statistics

--Anonymous
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LeBron (18) | Kuzma (30)
Ingram (32) | Lance (16)
Pope (24) | J Hart (24)
Lonzo (30) | Rondo (18)

I wonder if Beasley would be happy with just 20 mins a night. All our 1 year contracts were probably promised more minutes than our current predictions. These guys aren't ring chasers who are willing to sacrifice minutes for a ring. I doubt any of these guys seriously think we have a shot at the chip this year anyway and will realistically be more interested in having their minutes and playing for their next contract sad to say.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
"B/R: How were your conversations with Magic Johnson and the Lakers?

Beasley: I was happy that someone trusted that I could play basketball, somebody wanted me to play basketball. Being in L.A., being with LeBron—all those things were a plus, but the way the Lakers were speaking to me on behalf of me and my game and things I can do for the Lakers, that part was overwhelming for me. Because I've really been at a down state in my career mentally and confidence-wise. So to reassure me that I can play basketball, the way Magic was talking—it was good to hear someone I looked up to talk about my game. Being wanted and being admired was really overwhelming."

Rob & Magic...great dynamic duo.

absolutely !!

Absolute shame on the part of PG for choosing not to even bother listening to them.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
deal wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
"B/R: How were your conversations with Magic Johnson and the Lakers?

Beasley: I was happy that someone trusted that I could play basketball, somebody wanted me to play basketball. Being in L.A., being with LeBron—all those things were a plus, but the way the Lakers were speaking to me on behalf of me and my game and things I can do for the Lakers, that part was overwhelming for me. Because I've really been at a down state in my career mentally and confidence-wise. So to reassure me that I can play basketball, the way Magic was talking—it was good to hear someone I looked up to talk about my game. Being wanted and being admired was really overwhelming."

Rob & Magic...great dynamic duo.

absolutely !!

Absolute shame on the part of PG for choosing not to even bother listening to them.

Fu&k PG!!!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Etc is pretty decent.

In 2017-18, Beasley was #48 on points scored per 36 minutes. About 13 of the 48 played fewer than 50 games, so that puts Beasley at around #35 for players who were in a significant number of games.

Per 36 minute statistics

Hmmm. I wonder what they were referring to then. This is where I read that stat.

Quote:
Beasley can certainly play basketball. He not only scored more per-minute than any other bench player in the entire NBA, but the only six players in the league who outpace Beasley in that stat are also some of the NBA’s best players: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/11/17672482/michael-beasley-grateful-lakers-magic-johnson-free-agency
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 28 of 45
Jump to: