2018 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 332, 333, 334  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

It's really unconscionable. To not pull the guy when the bases were loaded, let alone put him in the game at all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I actually blame management, about Baez. He should have been traded long ago. The fans hate him, and it would have been better for all parties involved to give him a fresh start.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

CT3 with a clutch bomb in the 9th.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

BULLDOZER!!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Good comeback win, but Baez needs to be cut tomorrow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I'm just stunned that they haven't traded him already. He does have a career ERA of barely over 3 and throws hard; some team would give up a so-so prospect or two for him, or international bonus pool money, something. Of course, we all know as Dodger fans that he is worthless in high-leverage situations.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I'm just stunned that they haven't traded him already. He does have a career ERA of barely over 3 and throws hard; some team would give up a so-so prospect or two for him, or international bonus pool money, something. Of course, we all know as Dodger fans that he is worthless in high-leverage situations.

I'm surprised his career ERA is about 3 considering he just goes up there and throws meatballs all day. I guess 97 mph counts for something. Its pretty much a miracle if he gets out of an inning without at least one runner on base a lot of times 2 or more.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I'm surprised his career ERA is about 3 considering he just goes up there and throws meatballs all day. I guess 97 mph counts for something. Its pretty much a miracle if he gets out of an inning without at least one runner on base a lot of times 2 or more.

If nothing else the guy needs a change of scenery. At this point he's not worth using a roster space for. Time to move on make a waiver trade or just DFA him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

If nothing else the guy needs a change of scenery. At this point he's not worth using a roster space for. Time to move on make a waiver trade or just DFA him.

Seriously, for his sake if nothing else, they should just trade him for a clean slate. For both his sake and the fans' sake. Dodger fans hate this guy. As for how he could have an ERA of barely over 3, it's because he's great in low-leverage spots. But when it's a high-leverage spot, man, he is a gas can.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Kenley Jansen is expected to miss about a month as he goes through treatment for his irregular heartbeat.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1027928326759964672
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Seriously, for his sake if nothing else, they should just trade him for a clean slate. For both his sake and the fans' sake. Dodger fans hate this guy. As for how he could have an ERA of barely over 3, it's because he's great in low-leverage spots. But when it's a high-leverage spot, man, he is a gas can.

It's really mind-boggling how many chances this clown gets. He's been screwing up for 3 bleeping years now. We got rid of Romo last year and he was way better than Baez.

I just don't get it. Part of me feels bad because we all know he's trying his best. But I hate watching him pitch. Just hate it. Even when he does 'well', it's still excruciating. He takes forever only to end up throwing a fastball right down the middle of the plate that usually gets deposited into the bleachers.

Dodgers FO, please just do everyone a favor and DFA him or just send him down to OKC and let him pitch there forever.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I just wanna see Baez traded so i can watch our hitters tee off on him.

You know if we ever face him it's going to be 3K's on 11 pitches as our team swings feebly at a high fastball clocked at 97
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Sources: Kenley Jansen is expected to miss about a month as he goes through treatment for his irregular heartbeat.

Huge loss, wow...Health is most important, though.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Not ideal but maybe the silver lining is he can get some rest and be ready to dominate for the playoffs
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
nickuku wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

It's really mind-boggling how many chances this clown gets. He's been screwing up for 3 bleeping years now. We got rid of Romo last year and he was way better than Baez.

I just don't get it. Part of me feels bad because we all know he's trying his best. But I hate watching him pitch. Just hate it. Even when he does 'well', it's still excruciating. He takes forever only to end up throwing a fastball right down the middle of the plate that usually gets deposited into the bleachers.

Dodgers FO, please just do everyone a favor and DFA him or just send him down to OKC and let him pitch there forever.

I''ve never seen a fan base have such consensus over a player. It's been years and they still continue to put him in these high leverage situations. Come on...
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Not ideal but maybe the silver lining is he can get some rest and be ready to dominate for the playoffs

If we weren't in a deadlock for the division I'd feel better about this as he will be getting some good rest for the playoffs.

But we also still need to make the playoffs. And that's definitely going to be more difficult to do without a month of Jansen.

Hopefully the rest of the bullpen steps up. And though it won't happen, I would even consider transitioning Buehler into the closer role for the time being if there's a struggle to get saves.

It'll probably be a committee approach though while he's out.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

If we weren't in a deadlock for the division I'd feel better about this as he will be getting some good rest for the playoffs.

But we also still need to make the playoffs. And that's definitely going to be more difficult to do without a month of Jansen.

Hopefully the rest of the bullpen steps up. And though it won't happen, I would even consider transitioning Buehler into the closer role for the time being if there's a struggle to get saves.

It'll probably be a committee approach though while he's out.
NOpe Walker is a starter. Leave him there, dont mess with a good thing. Julio should be coming into the majors soon, was throwing 93-95 earlier today. He's being set up to pitching in the Pen for this year. Thats where you go!
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Walker just tossed 7 scoreless in Coors, you do NOT move him to the Pen! he's to valuable as a starter! Take away that stupid rehab start in the majors, his era is easily under 3.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

can anyone tell me why Dave pulled Alexander?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Just unbelievable...With two outs, too.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Buelher pitched a great game only to have the bullpen torch itself...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I trust no one on that pitching staff to come through in the playoffs.....
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Buelher pitched a great game only to have the bullpen torch itself...

Ferguson was good, as was Alexander. This is on Chargois (and DR).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

In the heat of a pennant race, in August, we have JT Chargois on the mound in the 9th inning trying to nail down a save. FML.

Do something, Friedman. We have Jansen down for a month. I see other teams making moves in August. Figure something out. What we have is not good enough right now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Awfull loss. Couldn't get Walker the win .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 332, 333, 334  Next
Page 69 of 334
Jump to: