2018-19 Lakers Schedule (Pre-season - 09/30 v. DEN; Season Opener - 10/18 @ Portland; SOS Analysis, p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
One of the Kam Brothers on Access Lakers last night thinks we could start the season off 0-3, imagine the apocalypse in LG if that happens

It wouldn't be the end of the world. I expect them to be close games and losing them for a narrow margin can be expected. Apocalypse would be losing in 3 blowouts.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I truly believe that losing streak vs Portland is coming to an end game 1.

7-3 or 6-4 is what I expect thru the first 10 games
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Lakers SOS Analysis by month- Nov (27th) and Dec (24th) are easiest- Feb (2nd) and Mar/Apr (9th) are hardest

Good stuff:

https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/1028460346955194368

Breaks down the entire NBA schedule by month. (Scroll down in the tweet to find the month by month chart).

Lakers have 15th hardest schedule in the NBA in Oct, with easy months in Nov (27) and Dec (24).

Jan (13) is in the middle, with Feb (2nd hardest) and Mar/Apr (9) a step up in competition.

Those numbers line up with my reading of the schedule. I'm glad we get more of the easy games early in the season, as we’ve got so many new players, it’s going to take time for them to all get used to playing with each other and playing in Luke’s system.

Also- our young guys are still developing and Zo is coming back from surgery, so I think this team will be much better at the end of the year than the beginning. I’d rather get as many of the easier games early, where we can win despite not firing on all cylinders yet.

It leaves more tough games down the stretch, but we should be able to go toe to toe with all of those teams by the end of the year, so I think we'll win more games against those teams in that closing stretch than we might if we played those same games in December.

That final stretch will be tough, but I really like the idea of our young guys in a playoff type atmosphere before the playoffs get started so that the postseason isn’t such a jarring step up in intensity.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

We will have to wait until we see this team play
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Imagine KL on this team. ha!
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We will have to wait until we see this team play

FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
I truly believe that losing streak vs Portland is coming to an end game 1.

7-3 or 6-4 is what I expect thru the first 10 games

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

9-1.
One loss on the 2nd Blazer game where LeBron plays limited minutes in the first half of a back to back.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

43 Nationally televised game out of 82... man, the league pass need to give a discount on Lakers season pass
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
43 Nationally televised game out of 82... man, the league pass need to give a discount on Lakers season pass

4 are on ABC.
14 are on ESPN.
13 are on TNT.
12 are on NBA TV (blackout for local TV).

I'm glad I can at least watch 31 of the games w/o Spectrum.
BTW, are you outside of Los Angeles? Or using a VPN?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I just need the season to start I Am Dying
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Meh, I don't count NBA TV as "really" nationally televised, even though it technically is. The audience is miniscule. It's just an excuse to tell the Magic/Hornets/Nets of the world "Hey we had you on national TV more than once! Don't complain!"

But yeah, Lakers with the most games no matter how you cut it. It's nice to be at the top of something.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
governator wrote:

4 are on ABC.
14 are on ESPN.
13 are on TNT.
12 are on NBA TV (blackout for local TV).

I'm glad I can at least watch 31 of the games w/o Spectrum.
BTW, are you outside of Los Angeles? Or using a VPN?

In Northeast, was just catching the games on national TV but I need to watch every game this season
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
governator wrote:

Meh, I don't count NBA TV as "really" nationally televised, even though it technically is. The audience is miniscule. It's just an excuse to tell the Magic/Hornets/Nets of the world "Hey we had you on national TV more than once! Don't complain!"

But yeah, Lakers with the most games no matter how you cut it. It's nice to be at the top of something.

Hey, don’t knock NBAtv man, every ‘fan picked’ games in the last thousand years have been Lakers game
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Inverse wrote:
For some reason I always remember the lakers playing against the rockets on opening night. So im expecting that again.

Just off the top of my head:

-The 2007 season where kobe was booed since he demanded a trade that offseason (and nearly hit the shot over battier to win the game)

-2014 season where Julius broke his leg

Luke tapped an opponent's miss into HOU's basket in that 2007 game with his back to the basket, no less. Lakers lost by 2 points. I remember the Houston players laughing their asses off. I just saw yesterday on BSPN-Classic the end of Cavs at Lakers, 2008, and it was another one of those mindnumbing Kobe passes to Luke in the final seconds. Lakers didn't even get a shot off, lost by 3. Why the hell Phil insisted on having Luke out there in those situations was beyond me. Phil was just begging for someone to pass to him so he could sh his pants and throw it back instead of putting the shot up before the buzzer. Same thing happened at MSG in 2005, Kobe spiked ball in anger.

We also played Houston in the opener in 2010 and 2016. Four times since 2007. NBA is imaginative. Played Clipps 3x since 2009. If you're a betting man, bet either of em.

Dynamic duo there. I can't believe Kobe didn't wanna play with those two!

back in the day, the nba had a rule where they wouldn't count it if the defender scored the basket. But i think they reversed soon after.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Inverse wrote:
For some reason I always remember the lakers playing against the rockets on opening night. So im expecting that again.

Just off the top of my head:

-The 2007 season where kobe was booed since he demanded a trade that offseason (and nearly hit the shot over battier to win the game)

-2014 season where Julius broke his leg

Luke tapped an opponent's miss into HOU's basket in that 2007 game with his back to the basket, no less. Lakers lost by 2 points. I remember the Houston players laughing their asses off. I just saw yesterday on BSPN-Classic the end of Cavs at Lakers, 2008, and it was another one of those mindnumbing Kobe passes to Luke in the final seconds. Lakers didn't even get a shot off, lost by 3. Why the hell Phil insisted on having Luke out there in those situations was beyond me. Phil was just begging for someone to pass to him so he could sh his pants and throw it back instead of putting the shot up before the buzzer. Same thing happened at MSG in 2005, Kobe spiked ball in anger.

We also played Houston in the opener in 2010 and 2016. Four times since 2007. NBA is imaginative. Played Clipps 3x since 2009. If you're a betting man, bet either of em.

Dynamic duo there. I can't believe Kobe didn't wanna play with those two!

back in the day, the nba had a rule where they wouldn't count it if the defender scored the basket. But i think they reversed soon after.

That's interesting to hear. I'm glad they changed it then because that's a really strange rule. Logically, teams would exploit it as often as they can if they're on defense since it would technically be a stop.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Reddit NBA streams got you
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

DOS MAS SEMANAS!!!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

A great game to go to a little on the down low is Toronto on 11/4. Other than the home opener, it's probably the best early season game. Assuming KL is ready to play, you get to see James v Kawhi (maybe for the last time in Staples), Zo v Lowry (great test against a strong, 2-way PG) and Toronto could be the #1 seed/EC finals team.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

anyone wager a guess of how much of preseason saturday 10/6 anaheim game lebron plays? 1 quarter (15 mins) total?

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
anyone wager a guess of how much of preseason saturday 10/6 anaheim game lebron plays? 1 quarter (15 mins) total?

I’ll be at the San Diego one. I’m guessing Lebron will start the first and third and play 16 mins total. Although maybe he shouldn’t play much in SD. That’s where Curry slipped from the wet spot (because the hockey rink’s underneath), got up and still drained a three. They canceled the 4th quarter and gave everyone their money back.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’ll be at the San Diego one. I’m guessing Lebron will start the first and third and play 16 mins total. Although maybe he shouldn’t play much in SD. That’s where Curry slipped from the wet spot (because the hockey rink’s underneath), got up and still drained a three. They canceled the 4th quarter and gave everyone their money back.

i looked at cavs 2017 preseason for comparison. there were 5 games he sat out 4 of them and played 30 minutes in the other. not sure why

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

i looked at cavs 2017 preseason for comparison. there were 5 games he sat out 4 of them and played 30 minutes in the other. not sure why

He was dealing with a injury that’s why he sat out in most of the preseason games..
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I have removed myself this summer from all things Lakers so that the season would arrive faster.

JUST A WEEK AWAY!!!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
One of the Kam Brothers on Access Lakers last night thinks we could start the season off 0-3, imagine the apocalypse in LG if that happens

It wouldn't be the end of the world. I expect them to be close games and losing them for a narrow margin can be expected. Apocalypse would be losing in 3 blowouts.

yes it would....I will be in straight panic mode if we start 0-3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11
Jump to: