What SG should start next to Lebron (poll)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should start at SG?
KCP
60%
 60%  [ 84 ]
Josh Hart
40%
 40%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 140

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: What SG should start next to Lebron (poll)

I know KCP is making starter money but is he the right choice?

Josh Hart 6'5 215 pounds 8ppg 4.3rpg 1.3apg 40% from 3pt 23mpg

KCP 6'5 205 pounds 13.4ppg 5.2rpg 2.2apg 38% from 3pt 33mpg

Who's the right guy and why?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Klay Thompson would be perfect.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

My money is on ingram #Dont@Me
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
My money is on ingram #Dont@Me

If Ingram is your SG who's your 4?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

It’ll be KCP.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It’ll be KCP.

I agree, it will be KCP unless Hart totally blows everyone
away while playing against NBArs, not summer league
Kids. I'll say it'll be KCP.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

KC Free!
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Josh Hart ideally. I don't think there's anything KCP can do that Josh can't and Josh is the slightly better rebounder, better slasher and more switchable on defense. But we all know KCP is starting. Seniority + Rich Paul + we're paying him 12M. Hart is not overwhelmingly better than KCP which gives the coaches little reason to start him over KCP.

This year was his chance to start but we had to re-sign KCP for Bron. When and if we get Butler or Kawhi or Klay next summer, he would have virtually no chance of starting on this team.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Backcourt mix of young and old. If Rondo starts at PG then Hart. If Lonzo then KCP.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

KCP starts this year and mins are probably pretty close to split even

Hart is a great piece and I can't wait to see what he looks like going forward.

Evetnually, it'll be clear that Hart is a capable starter (if its not already)
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I'll say KCP. Hart and KCP are a wash at this point. They are both about the same age but at the the end of the day the guy getting paid higher will start and the young lion will back him up. But it's not about who starts, it is about who finishes. Their minutes should be ~ equal unless 1 outplays the other.

Rondo
Lonzo (if he can prove to shoot)
Ingram
LeBron
Kuzma
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

At this point, KCP should probably start. But whoever plays better should get more minutes. Personally, I'm glad we have Hart on the longer term contract. KCP is just passing through, IMO.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

KCP is probably going to start, but Hart should usurp him by all star break I think
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

I do not think his salary is important about starting or not.
We are paying Deng 18 mil so what. He is not even in the team.
I think until the AS break they will have a chance to prove themselves and we will see.
I cheer for Hart because I really do not like KCP. Not really intelligent player and his defense is overrated. He is not so good defensively.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I do not think his salary is important about starting or not.
We are paying Deng 18 mil so what. He is not even in the team.
I think until the AS break they will have a chance to prove themselves and we will see.
I cheer for Hart because I really do not like KCP. Not really intelligent player and his defense is overrated. He is not so good defensively.

Maginka didn't sign Deng's ridiculous contract. Whether they were forced to sign KCP as goodwill to Bron or not, Maginka signed KCP and they will want some return on the investment. KCP will start but I see Hart having increased minutes from last year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

KCP is the better player as of right now. That could all change real quick though.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

answer is obvious...
Hart is already better than KCP
Hart is still developing and needs as many minutes as possible to get as much experience as possible
Hart is here for the long run, KCP is likely gone next season
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Kuuuuuzz 🏀🏀🏀
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I highly doubt that the FO was ”forced” to re-sign KCP. That's a pretty strange and unnecessarily presumptive theory. I also don't think KCP is guaranteed the starting spot simply because he's a Klutch client. You guys do realize that LeBron James is already a Laker, right? I don't see why appeasing Rich Paul would still be a necessity at this point. If KCP starts it'll be because he earned it.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

It would be naïve to think that paying KCP 12M wasn't part of some sort of package that came with signing Lebron.

If the FO wasn't forced to re-sign KCP immediately right after signing Lebron without looking at other free agents then it was a poor move.

With the same money, we could have had Tyreke Evans who balled out last year. 19pts 5 rebounds 5 assists, 40% from deep on good volume. If we really wanted playmaking and shooting like what Magic was looking for, Tyreke should have been our guy. We could have even thrown in the money we're paying Lance Stephenson to lure Tyreke if Indiana was his preference.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
It would be naïve to think that paying KCP 12M wasn't part of some sort of package that came with signing Lebron.

If the FO wasn't forced to re-sign KCP immediately right after signing Lebron without looking at other free agents then it was a poor move.

With the same money, we could have had Tyreke Evans who balled out last year. 19pts 5 rebounds 5 assists, 40% from deep on good volume. If we really wanted playmaking and shooting like what Magic was looking for, Tyreke should have been our guy. We could have even thrown in the money we're paying Lance Stephenson to lure Tyreke if Indiana was his preference.

Their 3 point percentages were pretty close with KCP shooting 415 attempts compared to Tyrekes 286.

Also KCP is perfect coming off screens. Tyreke also had a usage rating of 28.9% compared top 17% for KCP.

KCP is the better fit at SG with lebron, kuz, lonzo/rondo, and BI.

He doesnt need the ball in his hands.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:

No, what's naive is thinking that LeBron’s decision was swayed in any way by KCP being brought back. LeBron didn't even give the Lakers an ultimatum of trading for Kawhi or acquiring another superstar before they could sign him, but if Rich Paul and the Lakers hadn't been able to reach an agreement on another KCP contract, LeBron would've stayed in Cleveland? Really?

It's obviously not a coincidence that they came to terms with KCP almost immediately after LeBron became official, but that doesn't mean it was a necessary precondition. You're [unnecessarily] overestimating the connectedness of those two things just because KCP is a Klutch client.

Evans had a good season, but he doesn't fit with the kind of players they were targeting. They didn't just want playmakers. They wanted hard-nosed, two-way players.
kball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I highly doubt that the FO was ”forced” to re-sign KCP. That's a pretty strange and unnecessarily presumptive theory. I also don't think KCP is guaranteed the starting spot simply because he's a Klutch client. You guys do realize that LeBron James is already a Laker, right? I don't see why appeasing Rich Paul would still be a necessity at this point. If KCP starts it'll be because he earned it.

Oh i don't know...
Maybe Rob wants to rightfully be seen as an executive with a reputation that agents and players want to be a part of because he makes good situations even better and tough situations tolerable?

Reputations are EARNED over the long term.
But DESTROYED in the blink of an eye

If we accept He and Magic are building something here, we need to watch the smaller moves as well as the larger ones

If KCP isn't here next season, or even at the end of this upcoming one, you can bet Rob first tries to move KCP to a contender or if that fails, to an also ran that guarantees a bunch of playing time so he rolls that into his next contract wherever that turns out

And of course its also possible KCP plays a crucial role in our upcoming season and playoffs as we hope to upset some tougher opponents

I'd guess he starts but like everything else with this team as constructed, i really don't know
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
3baller wrote:

No, what's naive is thinking that LeBron’s decision was swayed in any way by KCP being brought back. LeBron didn't even give the Lakers an ultimatum of trading for Kawhi or acquiring another superstar before they could sign him, but if Rich Paul and the Lakers hadn't been able to reach an agreement on another KCP contract, LeBron would've stayed in Cleveland? Really?

It's obviously not a coincidence that they came to terms with KCP almost immediately after LeBron became official, but that doesn't mean it was a necessary precondition. You're [unnecessarily] overestimating the connectedness of those two things just because KCP is a Klutch client.

Evans had a good season, but he doesn't fit with the kind of players they were targeting. They didn't just want playmakers. They wanted hard-nosed, two-way players.

Lebron coming over 100% despite any obstacle is easy to say now. But at that negotiating table, Rich Paul had all the leverage and yes, you would be naive to think that he didn't use that leverage to get KCP signed. What do you think Rich told Magic? "Hey, it's all cool even if you don't sign our guy KCP, Lebron's coming anyway". Seriously?

Nobody knows for sure what happened behind the scenes. But common sense sure as hell dictates that Magic was in no position to refuse anything that Rich Paul would have asked for as long as it was reasonable. Not after the promise to get a huge free agent and especially not after missing out on PG13.

EDIT: I also don't buy this whole KCP fits Lebron better than Evans shenanigans. KCP only fits better if we're ready to concede that this year is still a development year for the kids since Evans will be taking shots away from Kuz and BI. But if we're going for a serious run to go deep in the playoffs and not let Lebron's first year go to waste, Evans to me is the better choice.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

This is a tough one, simply because Hart has played some great basketball over the summer, showing an improved 3-point shot as well as solid defense. There was actually times hart was defending bigs in the post!

I think the Nod would go to KCP naturally, but Luke said every spot except for LBJ's is up for grabs in the starting rotation.

Maybe these vets challenge the young guys to get better in practice and earn their spot, not just feel entitled to it!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: