OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1141, 1142, 1143 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GODBE wrote:
From what I watched last season, I believe Ingram will struggle and be moved into a bench role within the first couple months of the season.

I’m so hyped for this season to start but then I see a post like this

Real Debbie downer
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
From what I watched last season, I believe Ingram will struggle and be moved into a bench role within the first couple months of the season.

Atleast come back to pay us a visit when you realize you're wrong
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

So which one of y'all is DudeOnAJourney on Reddit?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GODBE wrote:

I’m so hyped for this season to start but then I see a post like this

Real Debbie downer

I thought that to, it looked like he posted that comment on purpose.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Is he an Ingram hater or fan?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

idk, I looked at his recent posts and came across one that I think was admiring Kobe's genitals, and I stopped reading.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

idk, I looked at his recent posts and came across one that I think was admiring Kobe's genitals, and I stopped reading.

Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Quote:
DudeOnAJourney 132 points 1 day ago
Kobe Bryant is literally the second coming of Zeus. The legnth of his magnificent black mamba (bleep), combined with a stroke game that came straight from the heavens should be illegal because of how terrifyingly satisfying it is.

lol 132 upvotes
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

How dare GT suggest any of us could be responsible for this.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

This person was referencing conversations on LG while bemoaning my Ingram takes (while inaccurately depicting them) and frankly that degree of...errr, adulation...is very on brand for this thread.

He also deleted his comment right after I replied. It ain't a big deal, I was just curious who it was.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

This person was referencing conversations on LG while bemoaning my Ingram takes (while inaccurately depicting them) and frankly that degree of...errr, adulation...is very on brand for this thread.

He also deleted his comment right after I replied. It ain't a big deal, I was just curious who it was.

Oh I see.. Well, I don't believe your commentary is as bad as some suggest. Nor do I believe the adulation you alluded to in this thread is as pervasive as you suggest.

And I don't see any adulating of Ingram's privates in here lol..
GODBE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
GODBE wrote:

I'd love to be wrong. I'm just making my predictions for the season like everyone else.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
GODBE wrote:

I'd love to be wrong. I'm just making my predictions for the season like everyone else.

Who would be the starting sf in his stead?
Kawhi?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:

And you were watching the Lakers play, correct? Because I watched BI lead the team as a captain. Saw him take the shots no one else wanted to take. I saw him orchestrate and direct traffic, block Melo at the buzzer, hit a game winning three against th 6ers on national television. I saw him take L’s in tightly contested games, and improve his release on jumpers. I saw him force and mix pace, get stronger in the paint and improve footwork. I must have imagined the whole thing though.

But there’s one thing I did not imagine: the FO say F off to the Spurs when the sacrificial Kawhi was put up for trade.

Your perspective is welcome of course. Yet, I am relieved Magic has his finger on the pulse of the team. BI is a grinder. Ingram’s 14 will be hung from Staples’ rafters when all is said and done.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

GODBE wrote:

Man. So this is what doing drugs while watching laker games looks like. LOL
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
GODBE wrote:

And you were watching the Lakers play, correct? Because I watched BI lead the team as a captain. Saw him take the shots no one else wanted to take. I saw him orchestrate and direct traffic, block Melo at the buzzer, hit a game winning three against th 6ers on national television. I saw him take L’s in tightly contested games, and improve his release on jumpers. I saw him force and mix pace, get stronger in the paint and improve footwork. I must have imagined the whole thing though.

But there’s one thing I did not imagine: the FO say F off to the Spurs when the sacrificial Kawhi was put up for trade.

Your perspective is welcome of course. Yet, I am relieved Magic has his finger on the pulse of the team. BI is a grinder. Ingram’s 14 will be hung from Staples’ rafters when all is said and done.

Reminds me.
Do you think BI stays Captain? Or does LeBron become it?
Or dual captains? Or Deng?

Still can't believe BI is the longest tenured Laker.
Got drafted before Zubac was drafted and before Deng was signed as a FA.
Well technically Deng is the longest tenured as he signed in July before BI signed his rookie deal in August
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
GODBE wrote:

Reminds me.

Well technically Deng is the longest tenured as he signed in July before BI signed his rookie deal in August

I think the team determines who they want to follow. I personally believe they go with knowledge on the floor in terms of who they will vote in as cap. Co caps - Rondo and Bron. But this is determined by the starters as camp winds down. BI was deemed most fit last year due to personnel - as a sophomore. He could have shied away from the role, but he earned the trust of the starters. That speaks to me. In my opinion BI seems like the whatever it takes to win the right way. I think it’s why he chose Duke.

Now, all I got to go on is my personal exp playing the game. Sensing who needs to be alpha while on the floor... when that alpha is the focus of the opponent, it takes leaders in the tall grass to step up and lead in spurts. I think BI is a starter because he can lead when he has to. I saw him last year share the role with Zo. And when Zo went down, BI was ready to be the next man up. Same with Kuz... same with Hart. Again... these survivors are fearless and confident against vets and superstars. Confidence, muscle memory, fearlessness, professional effort, nutrition, and hunger to win and win and win even after getting knock on their asses. It’s why I loved last years team... it’s why I think we’re really in for a hell of a ride - they’re all captains. They’re all Magic’s Spartans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
GODBE wrote:

Reminds me.

I think the team determines who they want to follow. I personally believe they go with knowledge on the floor in terms of who they will vote in as cap. Co caps - Rondo and Bron. But this is determined by the starters as camp winds down. BI was deemed most fit last year due to personnel - as a sophomore. He could have shied away from the role, but he earned the trust of the starters. That speaks to me. In my opinion BI seems like the whatever it takes to win the right way. I think it’s why he chose Duke.

Now, all I got to go on is my personal exp playing the game. Sensing who needs to be alpha while on the floor... when that alpha is the focus of the opponent, it takes leaders in the tall grass to step up and lead in spurts. I think BI is a starter because he can lead when he has to. I saw him last year share the role with Zo. And when Zo went down, BI was ready to be the next man up. Same with Kuz... same with Hart. Again... these survivors are fearless and confident against vets and superstars. Confidence, muscle memory, fearlessness, professional effort, nutrition, and hunger to win and win and win even after getting knock on their asses. It’s why I loved last years team... it’s why I think we’re really in for a hell of a ride - they’re all captains. They’re all Magic’s Spartans.

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

LeBron will be a captain. That's as certain as him starting. Co-captain, though, is a little more up in the air. BI and Zo assumed those roles last year, but I think it'll be between BI and Rondo. However, I'm expecting it to be Rondo since he's the veteran. We’ll see.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LeBron will be a captain. That's as certain as him starting. Co-captain, though, is a little more up in the air. BI and Zo assumed those roles last year, but I think it'll be between BI and Rondo. However, I'm expecting it to be Rondo since he's the veteran. We’ll see.

I thought Zo wasn't a captain last year.
And I thought Rondo wasn't either for the pels which makes me think he won't this time.

LeBron + BI seem like good bets
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Judah wrote:

I thought Zo wasn't a captain last year.
And I thought Rondo wasn't either for the pels which makes me think he won't this time.

LeBron + BI seem like good bets

MJ-Pippen part deux, three-peat
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzma is considered as the second captain. He's the leader amongst the young guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Kuzma is considered as the second captain. He's the leader amongst the young guys.

Interesting.

Listening to the podcast with Channing Frye/Richard Jefferson, seems the Lakers (and other players) love Kuz's character and drive too. Seems BI/Lonzo are more reserved.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Interesting.

Listening to the podcast with Channing Frye/Richard Jefferson, seems the Lakers (and other players) love Kuz's character and drive too. Seems BI/Lonzo are more reserved.

In the exit interviews, Kuzma addressed him taking a leadership role by saying something along the lines of "Brandon said 10 words all year and Lonzo is 14 years old", which is probably accurate in spirit. I don't know who's gonna be named as a captain aside from LeBron though, I'm just speaking in terms of the dynamic that I saw between all of those guys.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Interesting.

In the exit interviews, Kuzma addressed him taking a leadership role by saying something along the lines of "Brandon said 10 words all year and Lonzo is 14 years old", which is probably accurate in spirit. I don't know who's gonna be named as a captain aside from LeBron though, I'm just speaking in terms of the dynamic that I saw between all of those guys.

Yeah. It's easy to see that. BI isn't a vocal guy. Would love to see a BI/KL 1 hour long conversation.

Lonzo is just a kid. Super talented but he was a teenager last year.

More likely LBJ + another "veteran."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1141, 1142, 1143 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1142 of 1885
Jump to: