Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Bahahahaha!!!

Nate Diaz’s latest tweet suggests he’s serious about calling the fight off with Dustin. The Diaz bros are entertaining when they fight. The problem is that is super rare these days smh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

You guys been following the former NFL DE/wifebeater Greg Hardy?

https://streamja.com/20Vw

He's raw as hell but Jesus H, is he an absolute dynamo force of nature. There are levels to this athleticism game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah I saw that!

It's hard to root for the guy. He can definitely fight though

If he gets a good camp he could be devesating in the UFC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
^^^ Bahahahaha!!!

Nate Diaz’s latest tweet suggests he’s serious about calling the fight off with Dustin. The Diaz bros are entertaining when they fight. The problem is that is super rare these days smh

If he cancels outright, I’m gonna be pissed. Porier thinks Nate’s just upset that they were pimping the Khabib/Conor matchup more than anything while neither fighter was even present. Whether he has a point or not, we all know the Diaz brothers will find a way to feel disrespected even under the best circumstances but, that being said, I don’t think Nate has ever pulled out of a fight for anything, including injury so my guess is, it goes on as scheduled.

Last edited by Gimme_the_rock on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
You guys been following the former NFL DE/wifebeater Greg Hardy?

https://streamja.com/20Vw

He's raw as hell but Jesus H, is he an absolute dynamo force of nature. There are levels to this athleticism game.

He’s no doubt a legit specimen and that guy he murked was defeated after just feeling the wind on Hardy’s misses. It’ll be interesting to see his development, especially when someone inevitably takes him into deep waters. But yeah, terrible crime to commit. Maybe the Black Beast will want a shot?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ Bahahahaha!!!

If he cancels outright, I’m gonna be pissed. Porier thinks Nate’s just upset that they were pimping the Khabib/Conor matchup more than anything while neither fighter was even present. Whether he has a point or not, we all know the Diaz brothers will find a way to feel disrespected even under the best circumstances but, that being said, I don’t think Nate has ever pulled out of a fight for anything, including injury so my guess is, it goes on as scheduled.

I hope it does cuz they already got people hyped for this fight!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
^^^ Bahahahaha!!!

I hope it does cuz they already got people hyped for this fight!

Myself included. I heard somewhere that the deal was already inked and, if so, there's really no wiggle room. But, who knows?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

McGregor vs Khabib... who you got?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

Pretty obvious what both fighters need to do to get the W. Not a whole lot of surprises can come out of it for me, save for a back and forth war. McG is going to either catch Khabib early and sleep him or he's going to put on a striking, octagon generalship clinic and playfully pluck away the Eagle's feathers en route to a round 2 to 3 finish. Or else, Khabib is able to eat whatever Conor hits him with, gets those sticky paws on him and takes him down deep to his world. And, should that happen, it's a slow, painful and bludgeoning end for the Irishman.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

Pretty obvious what both fighters need to do to get the W. Not a whole lot of surprises can come out of it for me, save for a back and forth war. McG is going to either catch Khabib early and sleep him or he's going to put on a striking, octagon generalship clinic and playfully pluck away the Eagle's feathers en route to a round 2 to 3 finish. Or else, Khabib is able to eat whatever Conor hits him with, gets those sticky paws on him and takes him down deep to his world. And, should that happen, it's a slow, painful and bludgeoning end for the Irishman.

I agree with this. I already bet my friend just for fun though haha. It really could go either way

Edit: I bet for Khabib by mauling
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

I agree with this. I already bet my friend just for fun though haha. It really could go either way

I think I might put money down on Conor. Just have a feeling he's going to find a way to put that left right on the button.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

I think I might put money down on Conor. Just have a feeling he's going to find a way to put that left right on the button.

You bastard JB!

I’ll have to buy my friend a $30 movie ticket if that happens haha

Last edited by 22 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

Y’all crazy. I ain’t putting sheet down lol. I’m not mad at either of you though. Go for broke. That fight is gonna be HYPE. I’m so bummed though. My residency in Fullerton is now every other month. But I’m off for September. Which means I’ll be gigging on the first Saturday of October. Sum byatch!!! That ain’t right.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

Y’all crazy. I ain’t putting sheet down lol. I’m not mad at either of you though. Go for broke. That fight is gonna be HYPE. I’m so bummed though. My residency in Fullerton is now every other month. But I’m off for September. Which means I’ll be gigging on the first Saturday of October. Sum byatch!!! That ain’t right.

Bahahahah!! That sucks GtR!! Feels like your job just hates the UFC lol.

GSP had a good take on the fight too. He sees it as 60/40 Khabib. But something about fighting Conor throws everybody off lol. I think he can get in Khabibs head and make him emotional after the bus incident
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

For me, it's a pick'em.

Bahahahah!! That sucks GtR!! Feels like your job just hates the UFC lol.

GSP had a good take on the fight too. He sees it as 60/40 Khabib. But something about fighting Conor throws everybody off lol. I think he can get in Khabibs head and make him emotional after the bus incident

Interesting. I tend to think the opposite is true. Khabib was cucumber cool after the incident (“send me location”). I think If anyone is agitated, it’s Conor.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I guess I’m still shaky about Khabib going rogue against Iaquinta. He straight up ignored his corner lol. But idk if he was just doing that to sandbag or showboat.

What do y’all think both fighters should do to prepare?

If I’m Conor I’m paying big $$$ to bring in some genuine top notch Dagestani Samboers into my camp. If I’m Khabib I’m bringing in the top notch strikers who can mimic Conor’s style. Zabit should be able to copy it with even more length
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I guess I’m still shaky about Khabib going rogue against Iaquinta. He straight up ignored his corner lol. But idk if he was just doing that to sandbag or showboat.

If I’m Conor I’m paying big $$$ to bring in some genuine top notch Dagestani Samboers into my camp. If I’m Khabib I’m bringing in the top notch strikers who can mimic Conor’s style. Zabit should be able to copy it with even more length

Zabit can't copy that style...he's orthodox. On top of that he's rangey like Conor but he's nowhere close to Conor's in and out style and distance management. Just like Conor's needs to learn to survive the takedown, Khabib is going to need train getting punched in the faced repeatedly because it will happen.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Zabit can't copy that style...he's orthodox. On top of that he's rangey like Conor but he's nowhere close to Conor's in and out style and distance management. Just like Conor's needs to learn to survive the takedown, Khabib is going to need train getting punched in the faced repeatedly because it will happen.

Definitely agree that Conor’s style is just way too difficult to replicate in sparring sessions. Aside from being a southpaw, as you noted, it’s the footwork, angles, unpredictability, almost karate-like distancing, lightning quickness, pinpoint accuracy and, obviously, power that you just can’t replicate in one fighter. Like how Kobe understood space so well and how he didn’t need much room to get his shot off (where other players would be hindered and distracted by that tight of defense on them) Conor doesn’t just understand distance, he’s a master of operating within it. What he did to Aldo, in the space of a phone booth and at that intensity and speed, is one of the more impressive things I’ve ever seen from a quick-twitch, instinctive, reactionary “flow” perspective. I mean that artful maneuvering and countering rivals Money May IMO, only with Thomas Hearns type pop.

That being said, Nate was able to digest Conor’s power and do better than just function. NOT comparing Khabib's standup game here. But we all know McG has a history of gassing, even if he showed more resiliency in the rematch with Diaz. From both fighter’s sides, it just takes one. That’s what’s so compelling to me. If Conor had a motor, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Definitely agree that Conor’s style is just way too difficult to replicate in sparring sessions. Aside from being a southpaw, as you noted, it’s the footwork, angles, unpredictability, almost karate-like distancing, lightning quickness, pinpoint accuracy and, obviously, power that you just can’t replicate in one fighter. Like how Kobe understood space so well and how he didn’t need much room to get his shot off (where other players would be hindered and distracted by that tight of defense on them) Conor doesn’t just understand distance, he’s a master of operating within it. What he did to Aldo, in the space of a phone booth and at that intensity and speed, is one of the more impressive things I’ve ever seen from a quick-twitch, instinctive, reactionary “flow” perspective. I mean that artful maneuvering and countering rivals Money May IMO, only with Thomas Hearns type pop.

That being said, Nate was able to digest Conor’s power and do better than just function. NOT comparing Khabib's standup game here. But we all know McG has a history of gassing, even if he showed more resiliency in the rematch with Diaz. From both fighter’s sides, it just takes one. That’s what’s so compelling to me. If Conor had a motor, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

They won't be able to get it exactly, but they should be able to give him similar "looks" in moments. I'd hit up Wonderboy too if I was Khabib. And Suga Sean O'Malley!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

They won't be able to get it exactly, but they should be able to give him similar "looks" in moments. I'd hit up Wonderboy too if I was Khabib. And Suga Sean O'Malley!

Absolutely. They have to do WHATEVER they can to get some semblance of what's forthcoming. It just won't be an easy find. They can piece it together as best they can but nothing will realistically compare.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Conor should bring in Ben Askren for training his grappling
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Conor should bring in Ben Askren for training his grappling

Not a bad idea.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Yooooo!!!

Y'all seen this?

https://twitter.com/MoTownPhenom/status/1029478347422687232

If this happens I'm watching LOL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I’d probably miss. Kev has no chance in a grappling match. Hence, the challenge from Conor Jr.

Dillon Danis bugs. So does Lee. Haha.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
I’d probably miss. Kev has no chance in a grappling match. Hence, the challenge from Conor Jr.

Dillon Danis bugs. So does Lee. Haha.

Bahahah!! Lee claims they rolled together in Vegas and he submitted him everytime hahah. Both have pretty annoying trash talk lol.

I wanna see it just to see the reaction when someone owes $100k lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 446 of 499
Jump to: