MICHAEL BEASLEY (1-year $3.5M) chose Lakers over OKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

In 2017-18, Beasley was #48 on points scored per 36 minutes. About 13 of the 48 played fewer than 50 games, so that puts Beasley at around #35 for players who were in a significant number of games.

Per 36 minute statistics

Hmmm. I wonder what they were referring to then. This is where I read that stat.

Quote:
Beasley can certainly play basketball. He not only scored more per-minute than any other bench player in the entire NBA, but the only six players in the league who outpace Beasley in that stat are also some of the NBA’s best players: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/11/17672482/michael-beasley-grateful-lakers-magic-johnson-free-agency

Thanks for the reference! THEY (not you!!) were being very sloppy. Here is the link to what they were referring to:

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=FGM&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=PerMinute&DateTo=02%2F04%2F2018

Essentially, through February 4 of this past season, if you remove the players who had not not played much, Beasley was ranked very high in field goals made per minute--but he was much lower in actual points scored per minute. By the end of the season, his rankings in both had dropped.

(Note that I had to slightly modify the link from the article that the above article quoted so that it was readable here.)

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

If Beasley and Kuzma can build some chemistry watch out!!!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

Reading in this topic a recent interview with Beasley, you sense his frustration with Him trying to play the right way, make up for previous mistakes, and yet he has gone from team to team. He rightly feels that the Knicks did him wrong, and he really should have been rewarded with a good offer. Then you hear how Magic complimented his game, and told him how he might fit very well here in Los Angeles. There very well might be a carrot being dangled that if he plays well, the team will bring him back next year.

I think people are going to be surprised with how well MB plays here. I think he could be our best backup at forward since Robert Horry. Beasley will be one of the most important bench factors, if we make the playoffs this year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Strong Side... Right Side!!! Lefty Righty combo punch!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

In 2017-18, Beasley was #48 on points scored per 36 minutes. About 13 of the 48 played fewer than 50 games, so that puts Beasley at around #35 for players who were in a significant number of games.

Per 36 minute statistics

Hmmm. I wonder what they were referring to then. This is where I read that stat.

Quote:
Beasley can certainly play basketball. He not only scored more per-minute than any other bench player in the entire NBA, but the only six players in the league who outpace Beasley in that stat are also some of the NBA’s best players: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/11/17672482/michael-beasley-grateful-lakers-magic-johnson-free-agency

Thanks for the reference! THEY (not you!!) were being very sloppy. Here is the link to what they were referring to:

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=FGM&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=PerMinute&DateTo=02%2F04%2F2018

Essentially, through February 4 of this past season, if you remove the players who had not not played much, Beasley was ranked very high in field goals made per minute--but he was much lower in actual points scored per minute. By the end of the season, his rankings in both had dropped.

(Note that I had to slightly modify the link from the article that the above article quoted so that it was readable here.)

Ahh, thanks for clarifying -- didn't expect to have to fact check Silver Screen and Roll. =)
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Per 36 minute statistics

Quote:

Ahh, thanks for clarifying -- didn't expect to have to fact check Silver Screen and Roll. =)

--Anonymous
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I don’t think there’s a bench in the NBA that could beat Beasley Kuzma Hart and Rondo
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I don’t think there’s a bench in the NBA that could beat Beasley Kuzma Hart and Rondo

Sounds so nice!

And if Wagner can give them some shooting and hustle that 2nd unit will be lit. Rondo will create a lot of good looks for those guys.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
governator wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Sounds so nice!

And if Wagner can give them some shooting and hustle that 2nd unit will be lit. Rondo will create a lot of good looks for those guys.

--Anonymous
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

If this dude can even play to 75% of his potential, he'd be a friggin all-star.

That said, this just might be the year he puts it together. His head seems to be in the right place. I've always liked Beasley and am really stoked he's on our squad.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

yammy1688 wrote:
If this dude can even play to 75% of his potential, he'd be a friggin all-star.

That said, this just might be the year he puts it together. His head seems to be in the right place. I've always liked Beasley and am really stoked he's on our squad.

If Beasley didn’t have so much issues early in his career he would have been a multiple year all star, it would be amazing if he finally gets his act together with us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

I am a fan of signing Beas but there is no potential, he is what he is. He should make a good bench player for us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

I think Beez is a sneaky good signing, and if we had used Lance's slot for something else (better center) I would have been more pleased with the post-LBJ signings.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Beez is a sneaky good signing, and if we had used Lance's slot for something else (better center) I would have been more pleased with the post-LBJ signings.

in my opinion...Beasley signing was logical.....Lance, not so much at this point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

in my opinion...Beasley signing was logical.....Lance, not so much at this point.

Yeah. On the Knicks, one can argue that aside from Porky (who got hurt), Beez was the 2nd best player.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Man, I remember watching a documentary years ago where Beasley was clowning a pudgy K.Love in a bball game before their draft
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Stephenson gonna prove you guys wrong
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

but even if he plays well there's just no meaningful minutes around for him and he really doesnt offer anything that Hart or KCP cant do.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

but even if he plays well there's just no meaningful minutes around for him and he really doesnt offer anything that Hart or KCP cant do.

I agree....I would feel better if we used Lance's money on a legit Center that could eat minutes like Lopez...or even Cousins. Our excuse was we could not wait or use a roster spot until February on Cousins....but have doubts about the impact of Lance in those months anyway.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree....I would feel better if we used Lance's money on a legit Center that could eat minutes like Lopez...or even Cousins. Our excuse was we could not wait or use a roster spot until February on Cousins....but have doubts about the impact of Lance in those months anyway.
people keep talking about these crazy lineups. you guys do know you could easily play lance at PF as well. He's big/strong enough to pull it off. But imagine the ease it would be for him to get by his man and either finish or set someone else up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

people keep talking about these crazy lineups. you guys do know you could easily play lance at PF as well. He's big/strong enough to pull it off. But imagine the ease it would be for him to get by his man and either finish or set someone else up.

We have a logjam there too with LBJ/Kuz/Beez. Even Deng/Wagner would fill too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

maybe in limited minutes and very small lineups.....6'6" is still 6'6". Lebron, Kuzma, Beasley, Deng and even Wagner can play minutes at PF.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just curious, what big man did you prefer that you would call a legit C? Lance is a battle tested playoff guy, he’s gonna be big for us in the playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He can offer what both of guys don’t have... playoff experience.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He can offer what both of guys don’t have... playoff experience.

KCP played in playoffs with Detroit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 29 of 45
Jump to: