THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1029, 1030, 1031 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omarosa is an ideal opponent for Trump. She's of his ilk. They're both RTV personalities who use lies to sell their product. She, like Donald, plays in the mud. Unlike some of Trump antagonists she doesn't mind taking the low road.

Say what you will about Omarosa, she's backing her allegations with tapes. How can you not believe something you hear? Who among you here are of the Trump school (Don't believe what you read or what you hear. That is Fake News and Lies. Believe what I tell you)

I believe she's selling her book but she's also authenticating her claims. I'll not buy the book and I don't think it's going to change many minds. I don't think it will move the needle because Trumpsters are set in their ways. They don't care he's a snake oil salesman.

My hope is the book will make some get off the couch and go to the polls. It may get some to register and vote. I don't see it being a harm. I think it has more positives than negatives.

She's pissing The Donald off because she's stealing his headlines.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

But she has no allies.

The black community has not been supportive of her b/c of her allegiance to Trump.

Now the community she is offending (Trump/GOP) won't like her.

So who is really her ally?

As others said, she will need hard proof otherwise it may fall on deaf ears.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
What would it take for our country to switch to a popular vote for President?
Would a bunch of states have to ratify? Or something like that?

LINK

Quote:
A switch to the popular vote would require a constitutional amendment, which requires a two-thirds vote in the House and Senate and support from three-fourths of state legislatures.

But, Gore said, an effort known as the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is gaining steam and he thinks it could lead to the end of the Electoral College within the next decade.

No way. As currently counted, a vote from conservative voter from a less populated states counts more than a vote from a lefty from a more populated states... The GOP would never let this changed

it will never happen within our lifetimes, but there are many liberal/Democrat majority states that would also oppose it. The majority of states would not cede that level of power to California, Texas, New York and Florida. Would need 34 states......would not even get 10 in the end.

Also, California is not short changed as much as many other states. In 2016, California received 5.4 electoral votes per every million popular votes....while Florida only received 3.18 electoral votes per every million popular votes. Your vote (in California) carried much more weight than my vote (in Florida) in 2016. A step that states could take to make it more fair/representative is to do away with the winner takes all electoral system in their state.....but California Democrats would be one of the last groups to ever allow that.

Last edited by adkindo on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

LINK

Quote:
A switch to the popular vote would require a constitutional amendment, which requires a two-thirds vote in the House and Senate and support from three-fourths of state legislatures.

But, Gore said, an effort known as the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is gaining steam and he thinks it could lead to the end of the Electoral College within the next decade.

No way. As currently counted, a vote from conservative voter from a less populated states counts more than a vote from a lefty from a more populated states... The GOP would never let this changed

Didn't say it was going to happen. kikanga asked what it would require. I gave an answer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Spoiler alert: Because the fish rots from the head down.

Washington Post: Why are so many people Trump hires corrupt, incompetent and immoral?

Quote:
Now let’s remind ourselves of something. One of the rationales that businesspeople always offer when they run for office is that unlike career politicians, they can bring their hard-nosed business sense to government, including in hiring. Instead of bringing on a bunch of cronies, with their commitment to efficiency and results they’ll hire the best people for the job. This is what Trump himself said in 2016 when he was asked by a hedge fund manager what criteria he would use to select members of his administration:

Quote:
There’s a fundamental fallacy at work in this argument even when it’s offered by an ordinary businessperson. It’s the widely held belief that effectiveness in government requires no relevant knowledge or experience and is only a matter of the business mind-set or things such as “common sense.” The truth, however, is just the opposite: Public policy, which combines intricate practical challenges with unpredictable political situations, is often far more complex than anything a corporate CEO ever has to deal with.

Which is why people with experience in politics and government are usually the best ones for the job, because they’re the ones who actually understand how it all works. If a politician brings with her a group of aides who have spent a couple of decades by her side as she climbs the ladder, you can call them “cronies,” but there’s also a good chance that they have the preparation necessary to do what’s asked of them when they get the opportunity to exercise power.

Quote:
And if the outsider in question is Trump, it’s much worse. Not only has he failed to find the best people; he attracts the most corrupt and incompetent people around, who see in Trump a vehicle to wet their own beaks or at the very least carry out a retrograde agenda in an environment where ethical behavior is actively discouraged.

The public and private sectors have different mindsets and goals. As a public employee, your there to serve the public good, putting public safety, or in this case the welfare of the nation the number one priority.

Private or business people are trained to make a profit, that’s they’re main and really only goal.

As we know these two aims commonly don’t coincide. You really have to change your mindset when you jump from one sector to the other.

i said it in this thread and a millions times before. this notion that a business person would be best for the job of president, governor,mayor, on and on is not true in most cases. in some ...sure. but not in most cases.

an actual business for the most part is ran to make money for the owner or shareholders. depending on if you do research or not to increase the likelihood of creating newer/better products. you may invest in R&D as well. But thats about it. everything you do is for that bottom line. even the so called good stuff is still for that bottom line. That is not the case when you're the mayor, governor, president, congressman or woman. You are there as you've stated above...for the people. You are a giant charity. You get donations via tax dollars and at times perhaps if you do something where you can sale products or services to other cities, states, countries. you can use those funds to fill up the coffers. but those coffers are used to help/assist the citizens you are working on behalf of. There is no real profit in it for you at all. every ounce of profit needs to be earmarked to fix something or to better something. and anything left over is an emergency fund just in case something big breaks and you really need it again...for your citizens. The truth of the matter is, the country the past few decades have been some what ran like a corporation. which is why most americans are hurting economically while overall the country SEEMS to be doing well. There's a small percentage of people doing great and thats because there are too many people in charge of the government offices running it like a business to help lobbying groups profit. that is not the way its supposed to work.

as i've said in this thread. if you want to use someone in business that may do a solid job of running a city, a state, or the US. you should choose a project manager. he/she will be use to working with different stakeholders speaking different languages of their specific departments. they will always be use to trying to find ways to get the group to by in and to get things done with a lot of different people involved with different agendas. not a business owner, not a ceo. but an actual project manager.

Quote:

WHAT DO PROJECT MANAGERS DO?
Project managers are the people in charge of a specific project or projects within a company. As the project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. Project managers may work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support. Project managers might work by themselves, or be in charge of a team to get the job done.

Project managers can work in a variety of fields, from from technical/IT to human resources, to advertising/marketing to construction and more.

Quote:
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees.

Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.

Math and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.

Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.

Now tell me the above doesnt sound like a mayor, governor, or president. now ask yourself which one of these things does the current guy in the white house does well.

I mean as the president you have the ability that most project managers do not, which is the chance to pick your own team in certain situations as president. usually you have to manage people you didnt choose to be on the project. or you have to manage pieces of the project that involve people you never chose to work with. but imagine if a great project manager had his or her choice of teammates. then look at who trump chooses to be on his team.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Trump revokes ex-CIA Director Brennan's security clearance. Here are some of his reasons:

Quote:
Daniel Dale Verified account @ddale8

Donald Trump's list of accusations about John Brennan today:

- "Erratic conduct and behaviour"
- "Frenzied commentary"
- "Wild outbursts on the internet and television"
- Monetizing his official position
- Told lies

This is the definition of projection. What else to expect from an insecure lying vengeful sociopath with narcissistic personality disorder?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump revokes ex-CIA Director Brennan's security clearance. Here are some of his reasons:

Quote:
Daniel Dale Verified account @ddale8

Donald Trump's list of accusations about John Brennan today:

- "Erratic conduct and behaviour"
- "Frenzied commentary"
- "Wild outbursts on the internet and television"
- Monetizing his official position
- Told lies

This is the definition of projection. What else to expect from an insecure lying vengeful sociopath with narcissistic personality disorder?

If these are the reasons he revoked the clearance he should resign. He's guilty on all counts. Talk about gall.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Massachusetts disapproves of Trump more than any state in the country

Quote:
BOSTON — Massachusetts disapproves of President Donald Trump more than any other state in the country.

That’s according to a new poll conducted by The Morning Consult, which says Trump has a disapproval rating of 62 percent in the Bay State. The survey says when Trump was inaugurated in January 2017, Trump had a disapproval rating of 47 percent in the state.

Another New England state was behind Massachusetts in second, with a 61 percent disapproval rating for the president. That state was Vermont, the state former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders represents in the Senate.

Hawaii, Washington and California rounded out the top five states that disapprove of Trump.

As for which state approves highly of the president, there is a three-way tie: 63 percent of voters in Alabama, West Virginia and Wyoming approve of Trump’s work so far as commander in chief.

1) I'm surprised it's not higher than 62% but we have rural areas too.
2) I'm surprised his home state of NY is not in top 5.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Massachusetts disapproves of Trump more than any state in the country

Quote:
BOSTON — Massachusetts disapproves of President Donald Trump more than any other state in the country.

That’s according to a new poll conducted by The Morning Consult, which says Trump has a disapproval rating of 62 percent in the Bay State. The survey says when Trump was inaugurated in January 2017, Trump had a disapproval rating of 47 percent in the state.

Another New England state was behind Massachusetts in second, with a 61 percent disapproval rating for the president. That state was Vermont, the state former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders represents in the Senate.

Hawaii, Washington and California rounded out the top five states that disapprove of Trump.

As for which state approves highly of the president, there is a three-way tie: 63 percent of voters in Alabama, West Virginia and Wyoming approve of Trump’s work so far as commander in chief.

1) I'm surprised it's not higher than 62% but we have rural areas too.
2) I'm surprised his home state of NY is not in top 5.

That list pretty much mirrors the list of most educated vs least educated states:

Most educated:

1. Massachusetts
4. Vermont
9. Washington
17. Hawaii

Least Educated:

50. Mississippi
49. West Virginia
48. Louisiana
47. Arkansas
46. Alabama
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

What's done in the dark will come to light. Omarosa drip, drip, drip, tape release may sell some books. I love to see them squirm. Love It, Love It, Love It. 😁😁😁

‘People Are Terrified’: White House Braces For Next Omarosa Tape

LINK

Quote:
White House current and former staffers are living in abiding fear over what might be revealed next as former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman continues her book tour and releases clips of her secretly recorded conversations with President Trump and other staffers.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
What's done in the dark will come to light. Omarosa drip, drip, drip, tape release may sell some books. I love to see them squirm. Love It, Love It, Love It. 😁😁😁

‘People Are Terrified’: White House Braces For Next Omarosa Tape

LINK

Quote:
White House current and former staffers are living in abiding fear over what might be revealed next as former aide Omarosa Manigault Newman continues her book tour and releases clips of her secretly recorded conversations with President Trump and other staffers.

Talk about lack of security... But I hope she has something juicy on her tapes. Trump seems to be most mad about her then the other authors.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

What's troubling to me, Trump's every day personal problems leaves little time for him to run the country, or so it seems. He's passing back room legislation with little resistance. People are so focused on him they're not paying much attention to what he's doing. It would not surprise me if he contested the 22nd amendment.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Washington Post: Why are so many people Trump hires corrupt, incompetent and immoral?

Quote:
Now let’s remind ourselves of something. One of the rationales that businesspeople always offer when they run for office is that unlike career politicians, they can bring their hard-nosed business sense to government, including in hiring. Instead of bringing on a bunch of cronies, with their commitment to efficiency and results they’ll hire the best people for the job. This is what Trump himself said in 2016 when he was asked by a hedge fund manager what criteria he would use to select members of his administration:

Quote:
There’s a fundamental fallacy at work in this argument even when it’s offered by an ordinary businessperson. It’s the widely held belief that effectiveness in government requires no relevant knowledge or experience and is only a matter of the business mind-set or things such as “common sense.” The truth, however, is just the opposite: Public policy, which combines intricate practical challenges with unpredictable political situations, is often far more complex than anything a corporate CEO ever has to deal with.

Which is why people with experience in politics and government are usually the best ones for the job, because they’re the ones who actually understand how it all works. If a politician brings with her a group of aides who have spent a couple of decades by her side as she climbs the ladder, you can call them “cronies,” but there’s also a good chance that they have the preparation necessary to do what’s asked of them when they get the opportunity to exercise power.

Quote:
And if the outsider in question is Trump, it’s much worse. Not only has he failed to find the best people; he attracts the most corrupt and incompetent people around, who see in Trump a vehicle to wet their own beaks or at the very least carry out a retrograde agenda in an environment where ethical behavior is actively discouraged.

The public and private sectors have different mindsets and goals. As a public employee, your there to serve the public good, putting public safety, or in this case the welfare of the nation the number one priority.

Private or business people are trained to make a profit, that’s they’re main and really only goal.

As we know these two aims commonly don’t coincide. You really have to change your mindset when you jump from one sector to the other.

i said it in this thread and a millions times before. this notion that a business person would be best for the job of president, governor,mayor, on and on is not true in most cases. in some ...sure. but not in most cases.

an actual business for the most part is ran to make money for the owner or shareholders. depending on if you do research or not to increase the likelihood of creating newer/better products. you may invest in R&D as well. But thats about it. everything you do is for that bottom line. even the so called good stuff is still for that bottom line. That is not the case when you're the mayor, governor, president, congressman or woman. You are there as you've stated above...for the people. You are a giant charity. You get donations via tax dollars and at times perhaps if you do something where you can sale products or services to other cities, states, countries. you can use those funds to fill up the coffers. but those coffers are used to help/assist the citizens you are working on behalf of. There is no real profit in it for you at all. every ounce of profit needs to be earmarked to fix something or to better something. and anything left over is an emergency fund just in case something big breaks and you really need it again...for your citizens. The truth of the matter is, the country the past few decades have been some what ran like a corporation. which is why most americans are hurting economically while overall the country SEEMS to be doing well. There's a small percentage of people doing great and thats because there are too many people in charge of the government offices running it like a business to help lobbying groups profit. that is not the way its supposed to work.

as i've said in this thread. if you want to use someone in business that may do a solid job of running a city, a state, or the US. you should choose a project manager. he/she will be use to working with different stakeholders speaking different languages of their specific departments. they will always be use to trying to find ways to get the group to by in and to get things done with a lot of different people involved with different agendas. not a business owner, not a ceo. but an actual project manager.

Quote:

Project managers are the people in charge of a specific project or projects within a company. As the project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. Project managers may work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support. Project managers might work by themselves, or be in charge of a team to get the job done.

Project managers can work in a variety of fields, from from technical/IT to human resources, to advertising/marketing to construction and more.

Quote:
Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your employees.

Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.

Math and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going.

Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.

Now tell me the above doesnt sound like a mayor, governor, or president. now ask yourself which one of these things does the current guy in the white house does well.

I mean as the president you have the ability that most project managers do not, which is the chance to pick your own team in certain situations as president. usually you have to manage people you didnt choose to be on the project. or you have to manage pieces of the project that involve people you never chose to work with. but imagine if a great project manager had his or her choice of teammates. then look at who trump chooses to be on his team.

I feel like when candidates say they will run the nation, state, etc. like a business or corporation, they're trying to take advantage of the masses who don't know or understand all the facts and analysis you just did a great job of breaking down.

It also illustrates the trouble with privatizing certain things, or keeping things like health care private. When you introduce or keep the profit motive, you enable them to be greedy and prioritize maximizing profits over serving people or even paying their employees a living wage.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Inglewood's mayor is the real life Clay Davis

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/08/14/inglewoods-mayor-told-an-activist-to-choke-herself-on-video-then-someone-deleted-the-evidence/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Inglewood's mayor is the real life Clay Davis

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2018/08/14/inglewoods-mayor-told-an-activist-to-choke-herself-on-video-then-someone-deleted-the-evidence/

Shiiiit

On the real Inglehood is on the rise. The Forum and the Rams new stadium have had a huge impact on jobs. Crime is on the decrease.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Big business has been in politics (On both sides of the aisle) for a while now. This all started with getting us off the gold standard and continued with the 'free trade' agreements and removal of anti-trust laws. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg - he's the ultimate businessman. He's smart enough to know what ails people and says what they want to hear - but what's one of the first things he does? He gives a big tax break to people like himself for all his talk of a strong economy, I haven't seen any improvement in the lives of people since he came into office - on the contrary - it seems to be deteriorating with increasing inflation, higher cost of home buying, more debt and general wage stagnation - that's the effects of a businessman in the white house
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

LINK

Quote:

it will never happen within our lifetimes, but there are many liberal/Democrat majority states that would also oppose it. The majority of states would not cede that level of power to California, Texas, New York and Florida. Would need 34 states......would not even get 10 in the end.

Also, California is not short changed as much as many other states. In 2016, California received 5.4 electoral votes per every million popular votes....while Florida only received 3.18 electoral votes per every million popular votes. Your vote (in California) carried much more weight than my vote (in Florida) in 2016. A step that states could take to make it more fair/representative is to do away with the winner takes all electoral system in their state.....but California Democrats would be one of the last groups to ever allow that.

I just checked online, California's population is 1.9x Florida's and has 1.9x the number of electoral votes. I imagine voting age population is similar.

The reason Florida has fewer electoral votes per million popular votes is because voting actually matters in Florida on a national level so people are far more motivated to go to the ballots. California is going blue so I imagine a lot of people just skip voting entirely.

Anyway, your claim that California "is one of the last groups to ever allow that" is false. Check out the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Note the states that have already accepted are blue.

So yes, California is obviously not going to do proportional voting when red states don't do that. It would be stupid otherwise. But California is already fine to do a national proportional vote (which is the popular vote). But of course red states benefit from the Electoral College (since 1992 Republican presidential candidates have won the popular just once, even though they have had three terms in total) so they will cling to every advantage they can get, fairness be damned.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

Big business has been in politics (On both sides of the aisle) for a while now. This all started with getting us off the gold standard and continued with the 'free trade' agreements and removal of anti-trust laws. Trump is just the tip of the iceberg - he's the ultimate businessman. He's smart enough to know what ails people and says what they want to hear - but what's one of the first things he does? He gives a big tax break to people like himself for all his talk of a strong economy, I haven't seen any improvement in the lives of people since he came into office - on the contrary - it seems to be deteriorating with increasing inflation, higher cost of home buying, more debt and general wage stagnation - that's the effects of a businessman in the white house

thank god for both of those
We can agree on anti-trust laws at least
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I think all three issues have been ruinous for the country. But we can agree to disagree.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

LINK

Quote:

I just checked online, California's population is 1.9x Florida's and has 1.9x the number of electoral votes. I imagine voting age population is similar.

The reason Florida has fewer electoral votes per million popular votes is because voting actually matters in Florida on a national level so people are far more motivated to go to the ballots. California is going blue so I imagine a lot of people just skip voting entirely.

Anyway, your claim that California "is one of the last groups to ever allow that" is false. Check out the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Note the states that have already accepted are blue.

So yes, California is obviously not going to do proportional voting when red states don't do that. It would be stupid otherwise. But California is already fine to do a national proportional vote (which is the popular vote). But of course red states benefit from the Electoral College (since 1992 Republican presidential candidates have won the popular just once, even though they have had three terms in total) so they will cling to every advantage they can get, fairness be damned.

I fully understand why California popular votes have carried more weight in recent elections than many other states which is why my post was accurately stated. A state that becomes mostly a one party state will often see a less percentage of the population taking part in the democratic process as disenfranchisement or voter marginalization grows. That said, it is not absolute as many other states that are deeply red or blue continue to show strong voting activity among the population.

In regards to your claim of "we will do it, if they do it" is simply playing partisan politics. The states primary obligation should be to properly represent their population regardless of what actions another state does or does not take. I personally would prefer all states move to proportional voting. I used California Democrats as an example as they are known to use their control to marginalize and often eliminate other political parties from participating in general elections.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

As hundreds of newspapers across the country publish op-eds defending the free press (initiated by the Boston Globe), the Fascist in the White House again attacks the press as fake and calls them the "opposition party."

This is not what Democracy looks like.

#WorstPresidentEver
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

As the world pays tribute to the Queen of Soul, Trump decides to...attack the press some more.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

What do you choose KellyAnn, your marriage or truth?

KELLYANNE CONWAY SAYS HUSBAND’S ANTI-TRUMP TWEETS ARE ‘DISRESPECTFUL,’ IF NOT ‘VIOLATION’ OF THEIR MARITAL VOWS

LINK

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

What does George Conway see in his wife?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I agree with free trade, but as it exists it is kind of like right to work, phrases that sound equitable while both being more accurately described in reality as evasion of workers’ rights and benefit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1029, 1030, 1031 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1030 of 3663
Jump to: