OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Some don’t think Ingram has gotten bigger, I would like to see if Lancaster thinks otherwise.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

TrekLife wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I just invited Lancaster on my pod, I'd like to hear his perspective on Ingram's work this offseason and the thought process behind his training methods.

Hell yeah!!! I hope he's down

Love this insider access, GT. I’ll wanna know why I see what we’ll see this year.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Haha ask him why is BI going so slow in all of the drills.

I do think he was trying to teach technique, but there comes a point where you need to go game speed.

any insight on Kuzmas trainer? his twitter is Brotherhood05 (Clint Parks)

I know Clint decently well and like him quite a bit. I'm working on a piece on Kuzma's development for The Athletic that he'll play a big part in.

I attended a 6:30am workout a couple months back with him and Miye Oni, who attends Princeton and is trying to work himself into the 2019 Draft conversation. I thought it was a very practical, useful workout based on Oni's game. He doesn't BS guys and I think he has a good understanding of what they need to work on to make it in the league. For example, if Oni's gonna play professionally, it's gonna be as a shooter, so much of the workout was focused on his ability to come off of pindowns, one-dribble pullups off of closeouts, etc. He'd give Oni a couple of points of emphasis like dipping his shoulder to curl tight around the pindown, and things like that.

Parks' workouts are more straightforward and he puts guys in scenarios that he'll be in in a game. That isn't to say that what Lancaster does is bogus - like I said, I don't have enough experience w/this to give a strong opinion in good conscience - but Parks' workouts make more intuitive sense to me. That's part of the reason why I'd like to talk to Lancaster, to hear his rationale for his methods.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I do think he was trying to teach technique, but there comes a point where you need to go game speed.

I know Clint decently well and like him quite a bit. I'm working on a piece on Kuzma's development for The Athletic that he'll play a big part in.

I attended a 6:30am workout a couple months back with him and Miye Oni, who attends Princeton and is trying to work himself into the 2019 Draft conversation. I thought it was a very practical, useful workout based on Oni's game. He doesn't BS guys and I think he has a good understanding of what they need to work on to make it in the league. For example, if Oni's gonna play professionally, it's gonna be as a shooter, so much of the workout was focused on his ability to come off of pindowns, one-dribble pullups off of closeouts, etc. He'd give Oni a couple of points of emphasis like dipping his shoulder to curl tight around the pindown, and things like that.

Parks' workouts are more straightforward and he puts guys in scenarios that he'll be in in a game. That isn't to say that what Lancaster does is bogus - like I said, I don't have enough experience w/this to give a strong opinion in good conscience - but Parks' workouts make more intuitive sense to me. That's part of the reason why I'd like to talk to Lancaster, to hear his rationale for his methods.

Very nice.

--Anonymous
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

The drill where you’re attacking the hoop and have to grab the foam stick from the rim contester... I think that’s a great & practical drill - from an in game contester you get a lot of stimuli that you need to react + not panic at
The drill where Micah is jabbing at the ball handler’s dribbling hand with a stick, great and practical drill.

I just think that the super extra stimuli helps over-prepare players for what they get thrown at them in games

Also the Mikan drill under the hoop where you do reverse layups, why not add more stimuli to that. Place the player elevated in the air sitting on something, so they’re up at the height they would be on a jump, and they can just rep it without stressing their bodies.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Miye Oni as a draft prospect

Nice to know he's getting work in as well.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Miye Oni at Yale?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Miye's a GREAT kid and I'm rooting incredibly hard for him to make it. It turns out that I've coached a couple of kids that he's friends with, and we really hit it off. I'm gonna be helping him with film breakdowns of his game whenever I can next season. I really hope he can fulfill his dream.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't Miye Oni at Yale?

Yes, I misspoke when I said he was at Princeton.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Doesn't Oni attend Yale, not Princeton?
Both are Ivy League schools, but don't like to be confused for the other?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Miye's a GREAT kid and I'm rooting incredibly hard for him to make it. It turns out that I've coached a couple of kids that he's friends with, and we really hit it off. I'm gonna be helping him with film breakdowns of his game whenever I can next season. I really hope he can fulfill his dream.

Same. He showed certain flashes from last season that stuck out for me in terms of the pull up jumper and some vision. It's good to know he's trying to get it all together too.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
Doesn't Oni attend Yale, not Princeton?
Both are Ivy League schools, but don't like to be confused for the other?

Yes. I was writing about the Princeton Offense like 10 minutes ago and that was on my mind. That's my bad, and yes, Miye would probably not be thrilled at that mixup.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Any bball trainers know if it's an advantage to do skills training on things that you may not ever use on the court? Or should one just do drills on things they will actually use?

it depends. you dont need to ask a trainer that. you need to ask a coach that.

i to this day still remember farmar with phil jackson. i remember he had an exit interview and phil told him what he needed to work on. and most of it was simple stuff we all remember the triangle phil pg was more or less just a floor spacer person for catch and shoot situations. if you dont have the shot move the ball around or occasionally pump fake and go. thats it.

but you would later here farmar talking about he was working on this or that or this or that. And I was thinking Jordan, they didnt ask you to do all of that. But to his point, for one you never know when you may be traded. so you should always work on everything to get better and you may need to be good at some other things on a different team with a different coach/roster.
But to phil's point, i dont need all of that. so stop wasting time and just make these two little things i need the best that they can be.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Lancaster agreed to come on to discuss the work BI's done this offseason. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll use them but I'll definitely consider them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Isn't Miye Oni at Yale?

Yes, I misspoke when I said he was at Princeton.

I live close to there so I would have checked him out if he transferred or something.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Lancaster agreed to come on to discuss the work BI's done this offseason. Looking forward to it.

Let me know if you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll use them but I'll definitely consider them.

I've always wondered where trainers come up with the unique skills workouts that they create. What inspires the particular workout routine. I remember reading about how outside the box Kobe thinks when he incorporated his skills training.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if it’s duplicate

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmtW-nIH0Qc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pbok19da5imz

Seems to be working on relevant skills
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I'd be curious to know how much of BIs training was bball-skills related vs strength/conditioning. If it was a mix of the two, or leaned more towards one specific area.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Awesome GT! I'm definitely looking forward to that. I don't have anywhere near the experience these guys have but have dipped my toe in the skills training arena for a bit in the past.

Personally I think it's personal preference as far as what tools you use for development. A lot of it comes down to the individual being trained. There are one size fits all workouts that a lot of players can benefit from, but when you can tailor make a work out for an individual and the specific needs they have it really can make a world of difference.

As for the tools used, it's anything that can best simulate real game situations you need to improve on. I've used tons of different "tools", and even at some point I used a blind fold on my son to get him to stop looking down at the ball while he was dribbling(while he was moving down court). The speed that BI was going at in some of the videos I've watched doesn't seem ideal IMO, but then again skills training isn't how I put food on the table. I guess we'll see where B.I. is this year, I'm hoping they clean up his footwork some.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmtW-nIH0Qc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1pbok19da5imz

No, this is the first new footage I've seen of him since like a couple months ago. Nice find

A little gimicky, but working on his shooting off the dribble can hardly be a bad thing, no?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Awesome bro, you got an interview with the enigmatic one . Honestly all Laker fans want to here from this guy
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:

Is he trying to add the spin move as his new arsenal?
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:

No, this is the first new footage I've seen of him since like a couple months ago. Nice find

A little gimicky, but working on his shooting off the dribble can hardly be a bad thing, no?

What makes these workouts gimmicky? I've always thought Micah was well respected until hearing what Lebron's trainer had to say.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:

Is he trying to add the spin move as his new arsenal?

Not from that video no. That spin-shot could help him on turn-around Js, or any shot where your hips have to square up really quickly , and there’s maybe some balance-discomfort in how fast you have to square them going into your shooting motion . Could even help on floaters because your hips often turn in the air on floaters
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Really, I just want to know how they determine what is effective. How do they measure skill progression objectively, and how do they know that a specific imaginative drill truly and directly translates to on the court results.

Second, it seems like these trainers only get a limited amount of time with a trainer. I'd guess that certain drills need to be repeated after their done with a player. How does aftercare and follow up work? How do you maximize the amount of time you have with a player so that what's taught sticks (and isn't overridden by any habits or drills picked up subsequent to your time with them)?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1146 of 1885
Jump to: