The Royal Wedding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: The Royal Wedding

The Royal Wedding is right around the corner. History will really be made if Prince Harry and Meghan produce a son. It will be the first time in history a African American will be in line to be King of England.

Royal wedding 2018: Meghan sad over dad's wedding absence

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

I thought Cord and Tish did an excellent job.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Royal Wedding

jodeke wrote:
The Royal Wedding is right around the corner. History will really be made if Prince Harry and Meghan produce a son. It will be the first time in history a African American will be in line to be King of England.

LINK

Hed never come close to being king. Way too many people in front of him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Nevermind, that there is a technical error on jodeke's part....their son would not be American at all. They would be British. And 6th in line with no chance of being awarded the ceremonial title of being King.
As it stands right now the line of succession is...
Prince Charles
Prince William
Prince George (Child #1 from William and Kate)
Princess Charlotte (Child #2 from William and Kate)
Prince Louis (Child #3 from William and Kate)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Royal Wedding

Laker4andmore wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Hed never come close to being king. Way too many people in front of him.

I know. Bold green was my point. Harry's so far down the line he also won't come close.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nevermind, that there is a technical error on jodeke's part....their son would not be American at all. They would be British. And 6th in line with no chance of being awarded the ceremonial title of being King.
Prince Charles
Prince William

I can't believe I've been sucked into a Royal Wedding topic lol, but wouldn't the kid be American by blood since his mom is American? (They could always renounce his citizenship, but at birth he should be apart of the good ole USA right?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Prince Charles
Prince William

I can't believe I've been sucked into a Royal Wedding topic lol, but wouldn't the kid be American by blood since his mom is American? (They could always renounce his citizenship, but at birth he should be apart of the good ole USA right?)

If we were using that reasoning, Prince Albert of Monaco would be American too....but he's not. He's the son of Grace Kelly (former American actress) and Prince Rainer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Prince Charles
Prince William

His mother is AA so he would be AA, 1 drop rule

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 21, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Prince Charles
Prince William

His mother is AA so he would be AA, 1 drop law

Except their son would most likely be born in the UK....have no American birthright citizenship...he would be British with 1/4 African roots.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
22 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Prince Charles
Prince William

If we were using that reasoning, Prince Albert of Monaco would be American too....but he's not. He's the son of Grace Kelly (former American actress) and Prince Rainer.

Actually looks like the kid very well could be

Quote:
Citizenship by Being Born to U.S. Citizens

In a number of situations, if you were born to parents, at least one of whom was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, you automatically gained U.S. citizenship through the process of acquisition. It does not matter whether you were born on American soil or foreign. As well, if you have children, those children will also acquire U.S. citizenship through you at their birth. Additionally, foreign-born adoptees to U.S. citizens also may claim U.S. citizenship.

The laws regarding citizenship obtained through acquisition are some of the most complex of all of U.S. citizenship laws and take into account things like the citizenship of parents, as well as if the child was born in or outside of wedlock. This complexity has not lessened at all because Congress has made major changes to these laws throughout history. In order to determine which laws will apply to you or your child, you must first see which date range applies:

Born prior to May 24, 1934
Born between May 25, 1934 and January 12, 1941
Born between January 13, 1941 and December 23, 1952
Born between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, and
Born after November 14, 1986.

https://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html

It would take a bit of research, far more effort than I care to exert lol, but it's possible to be a US Citizen just by having one of your parents already be a US Citizen
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

That kid will never claim American citizenship just for taxation purposes....I can see Uncle Sam asking for a cut of the royal cash....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
That kid will never claim American citizenship just for taxation purposes....I can see Uncle Sam asking for a cut of the royal cash....

Yup, they'd be all over him for that money LOL
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Yes, he/she would be able to claim American citizenship if he/she was so inclined. He/she could even run for President, just like Ted Cruz.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Prince Charles
Prince William

His mother is AA so he would be AA, 1 drop law

Except their son would most likely be born in the UK....have no American birthright citizenship...he would be British with 1/4 African roots.

I'm talking blood line not citizenship.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Bunch of racist robber barons

Royalty... stolen gold and mass murders
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

To me, its just two people getting married. I dgaf when kanye and kim got married, dgaf that these people either.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Meghan Markle has already begun the process of becoming a British citizen. She will not be an American citizen eventually, unless I missed something. So I would assume that her children with Prince Harry will be British citizens, no?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
To me, its just two people getting married. I dgaf when kanye and kim got married, dgaf that these people either.

same
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject:

nonstory
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

I’ve been struck by the people I know on Facebook who have devoted a lot of time to telling everyone that they don’t care about the royal wedding.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Meghan Markle has already begun the process of becoming a British citizen. She will not be an American citizen eventually, unless I missed something. So I would assume that her children with Prince Harry will be British citizens, no?

Yes they will be British citizens. My position is history making.

If they have a son, British, American, what ever. In the words of the great Bill Walton, It will be the first time in the history of Western civilization that a AA will be in line to be King of England.

Not will he ever ascend to the throne because the chances of him doing that would be about the same as Bo Jackson making a comeback.

Not if he's a British citizen or American citizen, that's not in my equation. My position is a history making event. Seems as though my post intention was derailed.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yes they will be British citizens. My position is history making.

If they have a son, British, American, what ever. In the words of the great Bill Walton, It will be the first time in the history of Western civilization that a AA will be in line to be King of England.

Not will he ever ascend to the throne because the chances of him doing that would be about the same as Bo Jackson making a comeback.

Not if he's a British citizen or American citizen, that's not in my equation. My position is a history making event. Seems as though my post intention was derailed.

Meghan Markle is dual citizen, US and Britain
Their children will also be dual citizen, will be AA and will be in line for the british throne (distance number but still)
Historic indeed
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

At least Kanye and Kim didn't stick taxpayers for a $40 million dollar bill for security for their wedding.

Quote:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's wedding will come with a staggering bill: about $42.8 million.

But the majority of that money isn't paying for ornate flowers, classy hors d'œuvres or entertainment: It's going towards keeping the betrothed, their guests and the thousands of onlookers safe.

According to U.K. wedding site Bridebook, the cost of security, including snipers, undercover police and a counter-UAV system, will be about $40.1 million, or 94 percent of the total wedding budget.

As for who's picking up the tab, the royal family announced that it will pay for the "core aspects of the wedding," which include the "church service, the associated music, flowers, decorations and the reception afterwards."

The whopping security costs, however, are expected to be paid for largely by taxpayers.

Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's wedding will come with a staggering bill: about $42.8 million.

The whopping security costs, however, are expected to be paid for largely by taxpayers.

The Brits are still subjects
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

never had much of an interest in the Royal Family....was never into the Diana story or royal babies that seem to get so much American press coverage, but I learned something yesterday that I found quite shocking. It is related to the Queen of England having sole legal custody of all of her grandchildren and great grandchildren....100% full custody. Diana and Charles never had custody of William or Harry.....they had to get her approval to travel with the boys, and she had sole decision making on anything related to raising them. Same thing for William and Kates children.....as it will be for Harry and Meghan's children. Once the Queen passes, Charles will have full custody. It is likely William and Harry's children will become adults without William or Harry ever having legal custody of their own children.....just as Charles never had legal custody of his children.

Quote:
“This goes back to King George I [who ruled in the early 1700s], and the law’s never been changed. He did it because he had a very poor relationship with his son, the future King George II, so they had this law passed that meant the King was the guardian of his grandchildren.”

The law is more than 300 years old and was passed by a majority of 10 out of 12 judges in 1717, who decided the monarch’s “right of supervision extended to his grandchildren and this right of right belongs to His Majesty, King of the Realm, even during their father’s lifetime”.

have to say....this one kind of blew my mind....

LINK
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: