OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Was thinking...so...if we didn’t have an associate GM that insisted on Lance, and we didn’t sign Zubac and signed KCP for 10 mil, Rondo for 7.5 we could have the same team now plus Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT. We could still have the defensive team we’re after and also provide an alternate offense.
Defensive team:
Randle/Mcgee
LeBron
Ingram
KCP/Hart
Rondo/Ball

Offensive focused team:
Cousins/Lopez
Kuzma/Beasley
LeBron
Ingram
IT

I get that Cousins Lopez Randle IT may not “fit” the model of what we’re trying to do but man, would we have competed for a title with that team?
Cousins Lopez MaGee
Randle Beasly Mo
LeBron Kuzma Sivi
Ingram KCP Hart
IT Rondo Ball
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Was thinking...so...if we didn’t have an associate GM that insisted on Lance, and we didn’t sign Zubac and signed KCP for 10 mil, Rondo for 7.5 we could have the same team now plus Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT. We could still have the defensive team we’re after and also provide an alternate offense.
Defensive team:
Randle/Mcgee
LeBron
Ingram
KCP/Hart
Rondo/Ball

Offensive focused team:
Cousins/Lopez
Kuzma/Beasley
LeBron
Ingram
IT

I get that Cousins Lopez Randle IT may not “fit” the model of what we’re trying to do but man, would we have competed for a title with that team?
Cousins Lopez MaGee
Randle Beasly Mo
LeBron Kuzma Sivi
Ingram KCP Hart
IT Rondo Ball

DC was just not a good fit this year...

DeMarcus Cousins will have an Achilles rehab appointment in mid-July.
This means we should get an updated timetable in about a week. "The goal is for us to have him in the playoffs," Warriors GM Bob Myers said. "But that doesn't mean we'll wait for the playoffs...When he's ready to play, he'll play." Cousins already indicated that he'll miss training camp, and it's reasonable to think that he'll miss a good chunk of the regular season as well.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1016119813553262592
StnlyRoper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Defensive team:
Randle/Mcgee
LeBron
Ingram
KCP/Hart
Rondo/Ball

Offensive focused team:
Cousins/Lopez
Kuzma/Beasley
LeBron
Ingram
IT

Cousins Lopez MaGee
Randle Beasly Mo
LeBron Kuzma Sivi
Ingram KCP Hart
IT Rondo Ball

I think this premise that we are going to lose anything on offense because Brook, IT and Julius are gone is a little misguided. I think the FO just trimmed the fat.

Let me first say- I can't explain the Lance signing- but I can say that our 3 point percentage will go up this year because of the players we retained and a couple of the players we added.
Here's last season's 3 point percentage according to nba.com
J. Hart - 40%
BI - 39%
KCP - 38%
Kuz - 37%
T. Wear - 36%

players added:
Beasley - 39%
Lebron - 37%

players released:
I.T. - 31%
Julius - 22%
Brook - 34%
C. Frye - 35%
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

We could have had the SAME team we have now minus Lance and Zubac

PLUS (not instead of)

IT, Cousins, Lopez and Randle. Randle was not trimming fat was it? Help me understand if believed so. He had value. Also I see no premise of losing offense, these guys would give an opportunity to go hi octane nitro boost and can be evaluated for chemistry fit with other 1 year signings.

Regardless of when Cousins comes back we would not have to change our plans because we still have Mcgee and would have Lopez so no downside of Cousins timeframe. If we’re 5 - 6 seed when he returns could be boost to 3 - 4 seed. The key is to see what sacrifice it would of cost if we had IT and Cousins and Lopez plus Randle and that cost is Lance and Zubac. Then look at the possible rewards and that makes it worth it. Obviously the front office doesn’t agree so I am fishing for some understanding that makes logical sense. We could have added Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT to the team we have now. No matter how good we think the team is now it would be better with Cousins Lopez Randle and IT added and Lance Zubac subtracted. So why pass on such cheap 1 year deals with that much upside potential?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Why does this thread title say “All LeBron...”? Why couldn’t it say “all KCP”, “all Lance”, or better yet just generically say “all Lakers players”? Why does it specifically have to single out LeBron?

Op probably don’t like LeBron or don’t know how to moderate thread titles to remain neutral?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Can’t speak for other fans that are “less than thrilled” but as for me it comes down to one thing...winning championships. Temporarily LeBron has delayed that process so that we’re punting another season and asked by the front office to wait until year after next to compete, for the 6th straight time.

Why say LeBron has temporarily (hopefully only temp) delayed our championship run?
My opinion, because of Lebron and or his agent:
- didn’t get Paul George
- let Randle go for nothing
- passed on 1 year MLE for Cousins
- passed on 1 year 2 mil for IT
- passed on 1 year 3.5 mil for Lopez

We could be competing for a title next year if we didn’t sign Lebron. Cousins Randle Ingram PG IT with deep bench. But LJ is transcendent so getting him might turn out to be better than all that those other players combined, it’s what I’m hoping but in the mean time I stress what could have been. The part that’s giving me the most trouble to move on is that I’d rather have LJ instead of PG, most would, but if LeBron wasn’t the laying GM we could have added those players to LJ and been even better but didn’t.
Cousins Lopez MaGee
LeBron Randle Mo
Ingram Kuzma Deng
KCP Hart Sivi
IT Ball Rondo
Punting seasons, two or three starters on one year deals with other main rotation players too, wait till next summer approach used during current summer, time for that to stop, time to live up the our tradition, start winning ships again.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cousins Randle Ingram PG IT

So two injured guys and one guy who didn't choose us...how is that the Lakers problem again?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Did you read? It’s our prob cause it delays championship run. Ok without PG, non issue now. Wanted both him and LeBron but you’re right he didn’t choose us. The injured guys cheap 1 year deals so very low risk with possible championships up side. The bottom line is we’re probably aren’t competing for a title this year but with a little more sense of urgency without sacrificing young core and cap space we could be. We’re not and we could have been, that’s why it’s our problem
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Did you read? It’s our prob cause it delays championship run. Ok without PG, non issue now. Wanted both him and LeBron but you’re right he didn’t choose us. The injured guys cheap 1 year deals so very low risk with possible championships up side. The bottom line is we’re probably aren’t competing for a title this year but with a little more sense of urgency without sacrificing young core and cap space we could be. We’re not and we could have been, that’s why it’s our problem

You're talking about urgency and you realize Boogie may be out until February, and IT, who knows. They are the antithesis of "urgency."
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Seems we’re waiting a year for Kawhi or Butler anyway to put a team together to compete for title. What would have been the downside for waiting till JanFeb for Boogie compared to the possible up side? Low cost means we can do whatever we’re doing now except we’d have Boogie added to possibly improve our seeding and championships possibilities? Same for IT

I just don’t get it man, not trying to convince anyone, just hoping to see or hear something that can help me make sense of it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lance stephenson

Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

Cousins and IT aren’t the antisisis of “a little more urgency” when considering it relative to the lack of urgency of Lance and Zubac. If we couldn’t put a team together to compete for a title I understand but we could have and didn’t as if to say we have LeBron so no need to really keep trying to deal more, let’s just kick back enjoy LeBron this year instead of trying for a championship run since it’s a two year plan...my issue right there.

That’s the lack of urgency I’m talking about, don’t concede “waiting till next summer” unless you have too yet we did.
shoot3_in_la_la_land
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Is trash talking allowed? that is my turf!

not sure how liberal thing here are.
I mean can we berate one and all without using foul language ofcourse.

like they talk in the backstreet of newyork while playing ball? or even oakland or some parts of la?
not sure we can go tupac style here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

lakers just do not have enough to compete at high level.

they needed another superstar and that too ASAP. not going over--budget despite being most lucrative franchise is one of the reason for their not competing for the chip.

you just cant be under budget when top team is paying luxury tax to be at the top!

there is no way GSW can have all those stars being under cap space! NO?

they still have some money and they should trade some folks to get a bona-fide quality shooter. CJ miles kind of guy!

During money time you cant rely on these rookies. the vets will help but they can only do so much!
Lebron will get you open million times, that is why it is paramount that they need a money shooter. May be buy out korver and get him this side.

because with lbj on the line and lavar passing lot of folks would be open. if lbj is inside nobody is there outside to knock them down.

they will leave everybody open because inside lakers can wreak havoc with mcgee and lbj alone!
so the opposition will just clog the lanes leaving everybody open.

lack of money shooters is the reason why cavs lost both the years. they missed kyrie this season and JR has had 2 worst years after being his best in 2016!

It is not random shooting. lbj will get you quality looks( the corner is always open or other one) with athletic lakers team, he will find guys open any time and all the time.

All players are incredibly athletic. so if they polish their shooting they can push one and all.

the west is loaded this year: top 10 teams all will grind. they are not elite but they will make life difficult for one n all.

the perimeter shooting has to imrpove. the lakers players need to be fit.

you cant have folks missing games. especially young guys. last year ingram and lonzo missed tonne of games. pope too?
so it is important to be fit and give some relief to james during regular season.

he will still log 35 minutes as he will have to facilitate but he wont defend that much. that is left to others. he will defend in 4th quarter.

but you cant wear him out.

so all the guys needs to step up.

the role needs to be defined.

I have no idea what kind of coach luke is. if he is worse than lue than it wont happen.
they really need a steve kerr kind of a coach.

kenny the jet smith comes to mind but he is stuck with TNT.
van gundy has ideas but not sure he can implement.
I am not just in to marc jackson as he is not in your face kind of a coach.

the orlondo guy was the good one but he is not available. so is celtics coach.

so not many great strategic coaches with passion going around!

it could be consens kind of a thing with james, rondo and luke in the mix. because rondo is thinking all the time. so is james.

James must sit out back to back games. no need to burn yourself out!

Lonzo ball cannot be a single digit player. he must get to 12 to 13 and that is easily doable.
the lakers 4( if they survive till trade deadline march) must average around 60 points between them for lakes to have a chance.

kuzma:15, ingram:15, ball:12, hart:12=55 not easy but doable.( average 28 minutes, hard 24)
lbj should average 25!( 34 minutes: 8 games rest)
Mcgee:6, steven:6, bease:6, pope:6, rondo:8( between 18 to 20 minutes)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
112---summation.

3 point shooting---13 out of 35 should be easily doable!
if hot get to 15 out of 40!

so they must be able to get to 108 every other day and try to win match by defending very well. no need to score 125 et all.

10 to 11 man rotation is a must!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

this is where steve kerr and pop notoriously outclass one n all.
they go deep during regular season so as to give break to their stars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

so thats whats up in LA LA land!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

whoa
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

We could have had the SAME team we have now minus Lance and Zubac

PLUS (not instead of)

IT, Cousins, Lopez and Randle. Randle was not trimming fat was it? Help me understand if believed so. He had value. Also I see no premise of losing offense, these guys would give an opportunity to go hi octane nitro boost and can be evaluated for chemistry fit with other 1 year signings.

Regardless of when Cousins comes back we would not have to change our plans because we still have Mcgee and would have Lopez so no downside of Cousins timeframe. If we’re 5 - 6 seed when he returns could be boost to 3 - 4 seed. The key is to see what sacrifice it would of cost if we had IT and Cousins and Lopez plus Randle and that cost is Lance and Zubac. Then look at the possible rewards and that makes it worth it. Obviously the front office doesn’t agree so I am fishing for some understanding that makes logical sense. We could have added Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT to the team we have now. No matter how good we think the team is now it would be better with Cousins Lopez Randle and IT added and Lance Zubac subtracted. So why pass on such cheap 1 year deals with that much upside potential?

We would have had to pay Randle 9 million a year with a second year player option, which means we would be out of the hunt for any other max FA next year. I 100% disagree with you that he was a key to us winning a ring or even competing at a high level. I liked him but when we sign Kawhi or Butler next year we will be a much better team than we would have been with Randle. Sorry Randle but this is the truth. Randle is a solid rotation guy, and if we had him instead of BI or Kuz to go next to Lebron and Kawhi, he would be fine, but not instead of Lebron or Kawhi or Butler.

Truth is, I would NOT be too surprised if the Lakers traded a couple more of our guys for Anthony Davis. There is some sentiment amongst Pelican fans that they will not be able to afford a winning team around Davis and will lose him eventually. Might as well bundle a trade package for him while you can.

Then the Lakers could have Lebron, Davis, sign Kawhi, (yes there could still be room) and still have Kuz and Hart to pair with them. Maybe even Lonzo, though the Lakers may have to include Lonzo and BI in a trade for Davis, but it would allow them to shed Deng's contract.

I would take that team every time! No matter what contrarian scenario anyone could think of.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:

We would have had to pay Randle 9 million a year with a second year player option, which means we would be out of the hunt for any other max FA next year. I 100% disagree with you that he was a key to us winning a ring or even competing at a high level. I liked him but when we sign Kawhi or Butler next year we will be a much better team than we would have been with Randle. Sorry Randle but this is the truth. Randle is a solid rotation guy, and if we had him instead of BI or Kuz to go next to Lebron and Kawhi, he would be fine, but not instead of Lebron or Kawhi or Butler.

Truth is, I would NOT be too surprised if the Lakers traded a couple more of our guys for Anthony Davis. There is some sentiment amongst Pelican fans that they will not be able to afford a winning team around Davis and will lose him eventually. Might as well bundle a trade package for him while you can.

Then the Lakers could have Lebron, Davis, sign Kawhi, (yes there could still be room) and still have Kuz and Hart to pair with them. Maybe even Lonzo, though the Lakers may have to include Lonzo and BI in a trade for Davis, but it would allow them to shed Deng's contract.

I would take that team every time! No matter what contrarian scenario anyone could think of.

Gets why the Lakers let Randle go.

What type of scenario are you suggesting that brings in Davis but still maintains room for Kawhi?

--Anonymous
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

We would not have been out of the running for another max free agent as long as we signed Randle for less than 14 mil per year. His qualifying offer was 5.6 or so, we recinded essentially saying go for nothing.

Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT added to the current team for the cost of Lance Beasley and Zubac would have allowed us to compete for a championship.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

We would not have been out of the running for another max free agent as long as we signed Randle for less than 14 mil per year. His qualifying offer was 5.6 or so, we recinded essentially saying go for nothing.

Cousins, Lopez, Randle, IT added to the current team for the cost of Lance Beasley and Zubac would have allowed us to compete for a championship.

I’m actually in agreement here that we shouldn’t have let Randle walk. I, along with probably many others, saw a ton of potential in him, and he fits sort of a gap we now have at the PF/C position (in terms of having a true power forward rather than having to play LeBron or Beasley at the 4). I definitely hated seeing Randle go, no less to a Western Conference contender, that makes it sting a little more

However I’m not certain about how his contract status would have affected next summers max free agent signing. On one hand, there are those that say we couldn’t afford him and sign another max player in 2019, on the other there are those that say we could have. I look to you guys for clarification on that.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Wino wrote:

Gets why the Lakers let Randle go.

What type of scenario are you suggesting that brings in Davis but still maintains room for Kawhi?

Read something somewhere about Pelican fans worrying about Davis leaving for nothing. BI was mentioned. Saw a video talking about the same thing. The concept was BI, Lonzo, Deng and draft picks. Not sure if it would leave us the money, someone said they saw an avenue that would leave us over 30 million to sign Kawhi. Looks dubious, but perhaps it is possible, not enough of a cap guy to figure it out. LAZY!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I would think if any team is going to trade for Davis it will be the Celtics. I think they are going to want at least 2 top 8 rotation players and 2 first round picks, trading him to a contender.

I think a Davis trade with the Lakers is probably two of Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, plus 2 first round picks. I think Magic only makes a trade that is something like KCP, 1 of the top 3 mentioned, and a first round pick.

So I really don't think we are in the running, unless Davis is "only the Lakers I will re-sign with" trade demand.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I would think if any team is going to trade for Davis it will be the Celtics. I think they are going to want at least 2 top 8 rotation players and 2 first round picks, trading him to a contender.

I think a Davis trade with the Lakers is probably two of Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, plus 2 first round picks. I think Magic only makes a trade that is something like KCP, 1 of the top 3 mentioned, and a first round pick.

So I really don't think we are in the running, unless Davis is "only the Lakers I will re-sign with" trade demand.

You really think KCP+Ingram+1st round pick is enough to get Davis?

I hear talk of Davis being the third best guy in the NBA and I am thinking your first thoughts of Ingram+Kuz+2 first round picks (which will be the last picks in the first round) might be enough.

That would preserve their 2019 Cap space to sign Kawhi, so a line-up of:
PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: Lebron
PF: Beasley or ???
C: Davis

Could dethrone the Warriors...
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

So sick of the off-season speculation, pre-season rankings, random discussions about randomness.....MAKE IT ALL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake me up when the season starts so we have some tangible ish to discuss/root for/complain about.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

It’s the slowest part of the offseason. Why is LG down for hours at a time with the critical error thing?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

&@&$$?@!! Server!

Overhaul of everything coming soon. Already started to process a couple days ago.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
It’s the slowest part of the offseason. Why is LG down for hours at a time with the critical error thing?

It’s weird, if it happened when the Deng news broke we would all understand, but nothing seems to be happening maybe it’s the flood gate of LeBron Stan’s hahah
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29
Jump to: