OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:
SoCal-based design company 'remixes' Big Baller Brand logo

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/08/22/socal-based-design-company-remixes-big-baller-brand-logo/

Appropriate, can also be easily read as: "ME".
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/08/22/socal-based-design-company-remixes-big-baller-brand-logo/

That still exists?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

that new logo is actually kind of clean. lavar better have that meeting, lol.

I can see this logo being more of a high end logo. that was one issue i had with the original logo that i know for a fact lavar probably made back in the 90's. It has that 90's feel to it. Time to switch it up. and this would be a nice start, especially for the shoes and other clothing outside of just t-shirts.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

needs to drop the "Brand" entirely, and leave it as Big Baller which is corny, but not as corny as Big Baller Brand
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

Interesting.
Looks like a fist.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI:

Interesting.
Looks like a fist.

It would be a bad move I think. I recognize the triple BBB logo. When I see it, I instantly recognize it. Alot of the other logos, I don't recognize, like Melo's logo.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

Lonzo and Lavar talking Rondo and Lebron in new interview for Facebook

I predicted, to a friend, that Lavar was going to tone down his bombastic approach with the Lakers. He knows any more criticisms of the team or players is going to not be good this season as Lonzo is no longer the "main attraction" on this team.

If anyone has noticed he's been real nice when talking about Lebron lately as well

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

I predicted, to a friend, that Lavar was going to tone down his bombastic approach with the Lakers. He knows any more criticisms of the team or players is going to not be good this season as Lonzo is no longer the "main attraction" on this team.

If anyone has noticed he's been real nice when talking about Lebron lately as well

'

It's the only real option for Lavar at this point. Stay in his lane, or Lonzo's ass gets shipped out. Hopefully, Zo comes to play this season because, if we're still talking about his brand and his dad more than his game this year, his future as a Laker might be in trouble.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

he was never being mean spirited when talking about bron to begin with. that thing about the kid stuff was taking out of context. he actually gave bron props for being so good. he knows thats his sons favorite player as well. So i dont think lavar is afraid to pop off. he will pop off when someone shoves a mic in his face and asks him a question he has an opinion on. if you dont like said opinions you will deem that "lavar is back at it again."
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

'

It's the only real option for Lavar at this point. Stay in his lane, or Lonzo's ass gets shipped out. Hopefully, Zo comes to play this season because, if we're still talking about his brand and his dad more than his game this year, his future as a Laker might be in trouble.

This is a very nice observation.

--Anonymous
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

saw a headline today that "Lavar says Lebron Jr. would have to try out to make the JBA" .....honestly did not click on article, but i recall Lebron telling him to keep his kids name out of his mouth.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:

Zo still has Stockholm Syndrome and holding daddy's hand in public. It would be nice if he could be his own man one of these days and do interviews by himself. How many other guys his age need to take daddy to work with them?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

saw a headline today that "Lavar says Lebron Jr. would have to try out to make the JBA" .....honestly did not click on article, but i recall Lebron telling him to keep his kids name out of his mouth.
well in the proper context lavar should not have to keep his kids out of his mouth. lavar runs a professional basketball league now. so some reporter will ask "so lavar, since melo and gelo didnt have to try out for the jba would Bron Jr have to try out? Lavar answers: YES. why would he say that? 2 reasons. dont get it twisted or be mistaken. Lavar cares most about lavar's kids. not lebron's. So that 1 thing. the second thing you need to think about is, how bad would that look if lebron's son did play in his league and didnt have to tryout? That would make the news run with a narrative that says "as long as you're the son of a legend on the lakers you get placed on a team without trying out. He wouldnt want those headlines going either.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Zo still has Stockholm Syndrome and holding daddy's hand in public. It would be nice if he could be his own man one of these days and do interviews by himself. How many other guys his age need to take daddy to work with them?
all that disrespecting you doing to your own laker player is cute and all. but its not accurate. Lonzo didnt ask lavar to do the interview with him. The people interviewing them requested lavar. Why? because he has the bigger personality between the two of them. Lets be real, Zo aint all that big on personality and thats fine by me. but his father is. So yes you interview the son because he is a popular laker. but you really use him to get to the dad to ask him controversial stuff or in hopes of getting something buzz/clickbait worthy from lavar.

If you ask zo. zo probably doesnt even like to do interviews. so thats another reason to have his dad there who loves to talk to anyone that will listen. thats just his personality. Zo is not kobe. kobe was to himself when it came to basketball but he always had a personality. Zo and the other 2 kids are just laid back in interviews. which does nothing for the interview. zo may never grow out of that because that may just be who he is. that just may be at the dna level from his mom's side or even his grandmother's side. cause as i said before, he has 2 unless that are twins. they both are very quiet but lavar is not even though he came from the exact same dna pool. lavar's dad was loud like lavar and extra energetic.but the mom...not so much.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

'

I think this is a very, very poor way of looking at it. Lonzo didn't have an outstanding season, but he had a very good one overall as a rookie. It wasn't that his game was just so forgettable that LaVar’s comments easily overshadowed Lonzo’s game. All the stuff LaVar said and did that sparked headlines wouldn't have been ignored if Lonzo had shot 80% from the line, 48% from the field, and 38% from three. If anything, him playing spectacularly all season might've made what LaVar said even bigger. LaVar and everything about him is just unique in the context of professional sports. That's why he generates attention. How much attention he attracts has no relationship with how well or how poorly Lonzo is playing. That's hardly a useful barometer.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

You think these networks and media people are asking Lonzo for interviews and he just has LaVar tagging along? That's pretty strange. My assumption, which makes a lot more sense to me, is that they prefer for LaVar to be there because....he’s LaVar. Any time the name ”LaVar Ball” is mixed into anything it will always draw people's attention. An interview with Lonzo and LaVar both is more interesting to most people than an interview with Lonzo by himself.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

You think these networks and media people are asking Lonzo for interviews and he just has LaVar tagging along? That's pretty strange. My assumption, which makes a lot more sense to me, is that they prefer for LaVar to be there because....he’s LaVar. Any time the name ”LaVar Ball” is mixed into anything it will always draw people's attention. An interview with Lonzo and LaVar both is more interesting to most people than an interview with Lonzo by himself.

No doubt. Everyone knows by now that Zo is a poopoo interview and Lavar is a spectacular interview..so..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

More proof that the media is garbage these days. It’s getting hard finding people who actually report about the game. Thank goodness we have a couple here.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

What’s with the 2 second clips of his jumper, hard to tell but it looks like he is taking some of the sling motion out of it, which will make him a much better shooter

#OnePartShot
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

Yes agree that taking that sling motion out of his shot will go a long way. See it on kids when they cannot reach the rim.
But Lonzo is no longer a kid, and should try to develop the proper shooting motion.
His FT shooting form seems ok starting at his forehead that is traditional.
It is when he goes to his jumpers that he has the habit of going from his left to right to shoot. If he kept the motion going only up and down and not sideways he will go a long way.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

More proof that the media is garbage these days. It’s getting hard finding people who actually report about the game. Thank goodness we have a couple here.
all media due to the internet has gone the way of click bait. they feel they need to grab the eyes and ears as quick as possible. how is that done? controversy. Lavar is loved and hated. the lakers are loved and hated. lonzos game is loved and hated. Easy click bait.

Why interview a half talking Zo and ask him the same generic nba player questions when half the people wont tune in because that is boring? just tell him to bring pops and you get an auto boost in hits. ask pops a controversial question. he will just answer because he's a grown... man so he can do that. and that answer will some how some way be seen as controversial and it will get more hits from the lovers and the haters. it is what it is. this is your new media. blame it on them but blame it on yourself for constantly clicking on and watching/listening to things that are nothing more than click bait material. whatever they do, they do it for $$$. we drive their ad revenue money with our eyes, ears, and clicks. You stop watching, listening to, and clicking on these click bait articles/stories. they will stop producing them.until then, click bait all day.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:

Zo still has Stockholm Syndrome and holding daddy's hand in public.

It's called respect and love for your parents that you've known longer than the outside world ever will.

A lot of us have it. I'm not gonna tell my dad to stop acting like he believes in me more than anyone else just cause the media doesn't like it. They can kick rocks for all I'd care They didn't raise me

comments like this just remind me of the bullies in school that tried to act like they were 'cooler' than the kids that liked doing things and spending time with their parents, when in reality there's nothing 'uncool' about that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball: New Jumpshot?

https://twitter.com/theballera/status/1032705753839280133/video/1

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

My favorite part is his consistency.
I'm counting 100 shots so far. And his release has been identical on everyone.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
MJST wrote:

My favorite part is his consistency.
I'm counting 100 shots so far. And his release has been identical on everyone.

Are you joking about the clip or have you seen extended footage of his shooting?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1146 of 1688
Jump to: