KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'll take a healthy Kawhi over anyone except KD possibly.

If he wasn’t healthy, do you think he would show up at UCLA along with the other healthy NBA stars? I think he would be at some rehab facility instead.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

If he wasn’t healthy, do you think he would show up at UCLA along with the other healthy NBA stars? I think he would be at some rehab facility instead.

What's healthy? He could be at 80% and still show up to "practice".

We have no clue how intense the workouts were. Or how much he played. Maybe most importantly how he felt the next day.

Only this season will tell how healthy he truly is. He could pass a physical, look great during camp and pre-season and then have quad/knee issues 20 games into the season.

The man played 9 games last season. Released reports were concerning with the potential long term and recurring effects of his injury. I would like to see more sustained activity at a high level before I start calling him healthy.

He plays 70 games and re-establishes himself as a top 10 player and he would be my number one free agent target. Before then I prefer the Lakers remain patient.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

What's healthy? He could be at 80% and still show up to "practice".

We have no clue how intense the workouts were. Or how much he played. Maybe most importantly how he felt the next day.

Only this season will tell how healthy he truly is. He could pass a physical, look great during camp and pre-season and then have quad/knee issues 20 games into the season.

The man played 9 games last season. Released reports were concerning with the potential long term and recurring effects of his injury. I would like to see more sustained activity at a high level before I start calling him healthy.

He plays 70 games and re-establishes himself as a top 10 player and he would be my number one free agent target. Before then I prefer the Lakers remain patient.

80% Kawhi is still better than a lot of other players including Kuz, Bi, Hart, and Ball. Experience matters.

There’s no guarantee that KL won’t be injured after a healthy season. Similarly, there’s no guarantee that anyone on the Lakers including Lebron won’t go down with an injury. Will Lonzo even recover?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Yeah KL must've been pretty confident in how healthy he is to be playing games with the two current best players on the planet.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Listening to the latest Paul George interview/podcast & I can’t help but think about how similar his situation was last year to Kawhi’s. PG stated he didn’t want to go to a stacked team & there has been rumors the same might be true about Kawhi

He thought the Lakers were a stacked team?

Maybe he's an LG regular
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

Agreed.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Agreed.

1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I don’t really understand what 80 percent kawhi means. He was a game changing dominant defensive force in addition to being an offensive stud. Take that away he’s just an all star.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
I don’t really understand what 80 percent kawhi means. He was a game changing dominant defensive force in addition to being an offensive stud. Take that away he’s just an all star.

To me the 80% means a step slower, a little less quickness or spring to his step. Maybe playing less mpg or missing 10-15 games because he is continuously nursing a nagging leg injury.

Not saying he would not be a good player. Just concerned he is worth the max contract guaranteed for the next 4-5 years if he is declining. Worst case scenario is he is the next B. Roy.

He proves he's back this season and obviously is a top free agent candidate next summer but not until he proves it. Until then he is the guy that everyone considers a game changer "if healthy".
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the Raptors don't get that warm fuzzy feeling about Kawhi resigning there by the Trade Deadline, if they give Magic a call seeing what they would be willing to give up for him.

Lakers could give up Ingram & Hart and still preserve their cap space for next off season...

A line of:
PG: Ball
SG: Kawhi
SF: LeBron
PF: Kuz
C: Boogie

Would be a serious challenge to the Warriors and all other contenders..
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I wonder if the Raptors don't get that warm fuzzy feeling about Kawhi resigning there by the Trade Deadline, if they give Magic a call seeing what they would be willing to give up for him.

Lakers could give up Ingram & Hart and still preserve their cap space for next off season...

A line of:

If the Lakers weren't willing to deal Brandon Ingram to land Kawhi in the first place, what makes you think they'd do so now?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

A line of:

If the Lakers weren't willing to deal Brandon Ingram to land Kawhi in the first place, what makes you think they'd do so now?

Because the Spurs were asking for at least three MORE players than the two I listed...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

A line of:

Because the Spurs were asking for at least three MORE players than the two I listed...

Interesting. But I'm not a fan of this lineup's defense (the bigs). And Kawhi and Boogie are going to have to show they are healthy. Can you explain how they get Kawhi and Boogie at the max?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

A line of:

Wtf would we trade Ingram and Hart for kawhi at the deadline.

If Toronto trades him it’s cause they know he won’t stay. If he won’t stay why give up two of our good young prospects for someone we can get in June. Wtffffff
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

A line of:

I think he was alluding to the fact that the Lakers never offered BI to the Spurs according to reports. And it's a good point to make. If the Lakers didn't offer him to the Spurs for Kawhi this summer, it would be extra strange for them to do it now. Besides, the very fact the Raptors would be willing to trade him would be a clear sign to the Lakers that the Raptors aren't a threat to re-sign him. And if that's the case, why give up assets to get him? That would be a horrible move.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Magic and Rob have kept BI out of talks for Kawhi and PG... whether that speaks to their belief in BI's potential or their desire to simply not pay for a guy they can sign maybe sign later... they clearly are not willing to give up young talent for 1 year guys.

Trading BI and Hart for Kawhi at the deadline would be dumb and feel like a hasty move from Maginka.

The reality is that I think they'd move those pieces after they sign Kawhi should that next super duper star demand a trade *cough AD cough*. Not trading the pieces now gives us talent, depth, potential, but it also keeps trade assets intact in case something crazy happens in NO. For now, we have potential stars in our young kids so as long as we keep developing them, we're in a "dynamite situation". Shout out to Jimbo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Boogie is going to look horrible this year I think. If he wants to be our 20mpg Center for 5mil next year, bring em on down I guess...maybe? eh
I'm on the Wagner train. Gimmie 3s , ball movement, as someone who can kind of move his feet on D
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boogie is going to look horrible this year I think. If he wants to be our 20mpg Center for 5mil next year, bring em on down I guess...maybe? eh
I'm on the Wagner train. Gimmie 3s , ball movement, as someone who can kind of move his feet on D

Not a fan of big men who are bad on defense. It's devastating in the post season. But as an option off the bench, I don't mind Wagner.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Not a fan of big men who are bad on defense. It's devastating in the post season. But as an option off the bench, I don't mind Wagner.

Yea he’s not guna be a ++ defender , but I have hopes that with his solid feet..he’ll be solid
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Found this interesting. Finally some info on Leonard's "health" is slowly leaking out. About damn time!

Have no clue as to the legitimacy or truthfulness of the sources cited but at least something to ponder as the off-season slowly marches on.

Going to be interesting to watch his progress all season long.

http://amicohoops.net/source-raptors-leonard-looks-remarkable-in-offseason-workouts/

"Toronto Raptors small forward Kawhi Leonard has been killing it during his summer workouts and “looks remarkable,” a league source told Amico Hoops on Sunday.

Leonard is 100 percent and has no limitations in his workouts."
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Found this interesting. Finally some info on Leonard's "health" is slowly leaking out. About damn time!

Have no clue as to the legitimacy or truthfulness of the sources cited but at least something to ponder as the off-season slowly marches on.

http://amicohoops.net/source-raptors-leonard-looks-remarkable-in-offseason-workouts/

"Toronto Raptors small forward Kawhi Leonard has been killing it during his summer workouts and “looks remarkable,” a league source told Amico Hoops on Sunday.

Meh Amico is not Sam Amick, he's a little sketchy, but whatevs. Time will tell come a month from now.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Crazy how people forget how good he was and probably still is.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Crazy how people forget how good he was and probably still is.

Yep.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:

Meh Amico is not Sam Amick, he's a little sketchy, but whatevs. Time will tell come a month from now.

Amico is a clown, but that’s a very definitive report. KL’s camp wanting to get the word out that he’s 100% healthy and ready to go.

As a Laker fan, this is great news if it turns out to be true. And as you said, we’ll know for sure in a little over a month or so.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Amico is a clown, but that’s a very definitive report. KL’s camp wanting to get the word out that he’s 100% healthy and ready to go.

As a Laker fan, this is great news if it turns out to be true. And as you said, we’ll know for sure in a little over a month or so.

We heard in 2013, 2014, and 2015 that Kobe looked remarkable in camp. I'll believe it when I see it. (I don't doubt that Kawhi looks good, but not because of this report.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 623, 624, 625 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 624 of 878
Jump to: