**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Draft #2 in the books and this league has double flex positions so I went hard on RB. Thoughts? 12 teams, standard scoring, 9th pick, 7 bench spots. I plan to stream K and DST.

QB: Matt Stafford (12)
RB: Melvin Gordon (1)
RB: Joe Mixon (2)
WR: Doug Baldwin (3)
WR: Josh Gordon (7)
TE: Trey Burton (8)
Flex: Lamar Miller (4)
Flex: Mark Ingram (5)
K: Mason Crosby (17)
DST: Pittsburgh Steelers (16)

BN: Carlos Hyde (6)
BN: Nelson Agholor (9)
BN: Jordan Wilkins (10)
BN: Michael Gallup (11)
BN: Marcus Mariota (13)
BN: John Brown (14)
BN: Chris Godwin (15)

I think I crushed this draft, though, my receivers are questionable.

Mixon has looked horrible but Hyde is looking good. Dude never ages. I love Goodwin, I’ll probably gamble and draft him higher than his ADP. Garoppolo is the real deal.

Oops, I see you got Godwin, not Goodwin.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Godwin is a breakout candidate and very worthy of a late-round flier. This season could turn south for the Bucs very quickly, and if that happens, they might as well move on from D-Jax (perhaps in a trade) and that would really open things up for Godwin. I mean, he may not become an every-week starter even if D-Jax weren't around, but he's a good upside flier, and he looks the part.

I just had my first draft tonight, a 12-team Yahoo league. Full PPR. You start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 2 flexes, and even 3 IDP's, so this is a really long draft. I had the first pick and went with Gurley, so that turn at 24/25 is always tricky. I went with Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin, the guys I thought were the two best WR's at that point. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Brees
RB Gurley
RB Drake
WR Evans
WR Baldwin
WR Sanders
TE Reed
Flex R. Anderson
Flex C. Thompson
DEF Baltimore
K Succop
D Von Miller
DB Lattimore
DL C. Jordan

BN Roethlisberger
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Aaron Jones
BN G. Bernard
BN Vernon Davis
BN G. Allison

Good to see my Saints represented
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Had the draft for my work league yesterday.

Drew the 9th pick, PPR league. Six points a passing TD.

QB Rodgers/Mahomes
RB Ronald Jones/Mack/Carson/Drake
WR Hopkins/Beckham/Doctson/Bryant/Cobb
TE Kittle/Ebron
Def- Rams
K-Vinatieri

I hope you're right about Jones.....but us Buc's fans are fairly nervous.

You shouldn’t be with Barber.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Draft #2 in the books and this league has double flex positions so I went hard on RB. Thoughts? 12 teams, standard scoring, 9th pick, 7 bench spots. I plan to stream K and DST.

QB: Matt Stafford (12)
RB: Melvin Gordon (1)
RB: Joe Mixon (2)
WR: Doug Baldwin (3)
WR: Josh Gordon (7)
TE: Trey Burton (8)
Flex: Lamar Miller (4)
Flex: Mark Ingram (5)
K: Mason Crosby (17)
DST: Pittsburgh Steelers (16)

BN: Carlos Hyde (6)
BN: Nelson Agholor (9)
BN: Jordan Wilkins (10)
BN: Michael Gallup (11)
BN: Marcus Mariota (13)
BN: John Brown (14)
BN: Chris Godwin (15)

I think I crushed this draft, though, my receivers are questionable.

Mixon has looked horrible but Hyde is looking good. Dude never ages. I love Goodwin, I’ll probably gamble and draft him higher than his ADP. Garoppolo is the real deal.

Oops, I see you got Godwin, not Goodwin.

Agree on Mixon. Talent is there though and he has top 5 upside. Dude plays like Leveon Bell. I’m all in on this kid this year. I know he comes with risk though I fully expect him to play himself this year into Round 1 territory next year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Just curious who you guys think has the biggest bust potential among the first round guys this year?

Lets say its...

Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, AB, Barkley, Kamara, Hopkins, Gordon, Fournette, Hunt, Cook.

I think it might be Dalvin Cook, fantasy wise.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Just curious who you guys think has the biggest bust potential among the first round guys this year?

Lets say its...

Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ, AB, Barkley, Kamara, Hopkins, Gordon, Fournette, Hunt, Cook.

Cook. Kamara too,

I think the five safe picks with little bust potential are Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ,and AB. I think Barkley has a high floor, but I'm not sure what his ceiling will be.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Lets say its...

I think Cook, easily. He's coming off the ACL injury and it makes sense that Minnesota will not want to put too much on his plate, especially since Murray is at least capable between the tackles. It's also possible that Murray gets goal-line carries. I'd much prefer McCaffrey to Cook, since the former is looking like he's going to play heavily over C.J. Anderson and we know he'll catch tons of passes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Godwin is a breakout candidate and very worthy of a late-round flier. This season could turn south for the Bucs very quickly, and if that happens, they might as well move on from D-Jax (perhaps in a trade) and that would really open things up for Godwin. I mean, he may not become an every-week starter even if D-Jax weren't around, but he's a good upside flier, and he looks the part.

I just had my first draft tonight, a 12-team Yahoo league. Full PPR. You start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 2 flexes, and even 3 IDP's, so this is a really long draft. I had the first pick and went with Gurley, so that turn at 24/25 is always tricky. I went with Mike Evans and Doug Baldwin, the guys I thought were the two best WR's at that point. Here's what I ended up with:

QB Brees
RB Gurley
RB Drake
WR Evans
WR Baldwin
WR Sanders
TE Reed
Flex R. Anderson
Flex C. Thompson
DEF Baltimore
K Succop
D Von Miller
DB Lattimore
DL C. Jordan

BN Roethlisberger
BN Jamaal Williams
BN Aaron Jones
BN G. Bernard
BN Vernon Davis
BN G. Allison

IDP guys aside (I don't play in any, so I can't comment), that is a great draft for a 12-teamer.

Although, why is Jamaal Williams on your bench? He should be starting over Chris Thompson IMO at flex.

I have two critiques, both minor.

1) Lots of handcuffing going on. I like the Williams/Jones handcuff. I get the Vernon Davis one, but, you're in trouble on the bye week there. So if I am going to have that many handcuffs, I'd like to see a couple more high upside guys that are cuttable. Allison is a good one, but maybe instead of Bernard, someone like Jordan Wilkins who can easily be cut if he doesn't perform. You might say well, I can do the same with Bernard, which is true, but if you're going to cut him anyway, why not get someone with a higher ceiling. Just a thought.

2) Kind of the same thing with Big Ben. I always like to make sure I get a 2nd QB, however, when I get a safe option like Brees, I prefer to, again, take a player who has a chance to significantly outplay their draft position. So there, I would prefer guys like Marcus Mariota, Alex Smith, Jameis Winston. I just think guys like Big Ben are boring, can't be used on the road, and have no chance at sniffing Top 5.

Overall, really good draft IMO for a 12-teamer and I'm sure you're happy you got Drake in the late 4th, good value IMO. I don't believe any of the reports about a split workload with him and Gore. Gore is 35!!! It's going to be 65/35 at worst making Drake a fine RB2 with RB1 upside. The only real critique is I don't see enough upside in the later picks. The only way they become viable is if you lose another piece, and I'd like to see some more pieces that give you more depth rather than cannibalize it. Then again, maybe you're a risk adverse type manager, nothing wrong with that, who feels more comfortable knowing if A goes down you have B, rather than the chance to have both A and B together.

As far as having both Jamaal Williams and Jones, it's not something I targeted, but I got Jones very late. I mean, he looked good last year. There's a very real chance he could run away with that gig after Week 3 if Williams faceplants, and it's pretty clear that Ty Montgomery is not built for anything but a 3rd down back role. Obviously, if it turns into a true RBBC where both Williams and Jones split the carries, they will both be worthless, but I have the early part of the season to see how that shakes out.

I very well may start Williams over Thompson in the flex in Week 1. If Thompson is healthy and ready to go, though, I think he will have a major role catching passes in that offense, especially with the way Alex Smith plays. So we'll see what happens there.

As for why Big Ben as my second QB, he was excellent last season (though I recognize the home-road splits), and TD passes are worth 6 points in that league. If Brees happens to fall off the cliff nearing 40, I think Ben can take me through the season just fine, because I have a good team other than the QB position. I don't need my QB to carry me.

When I took Bernard, I just hated the available WR's left. I didn't really feel strongly about any of them. I figured I would take another RB that has RB1/2 potential if the starter went down. Gio was a fantasy beast late last season when Mixon went down, and if that happened again, they will absolutely ride Gio hard, so I disagree with your statement that he doesn't have high upside. He might even be flex-worthy during bye weeks, since this is a PPR league. I don't think Mixon will be a 3-down workhorse.

I have no interest whatsoever in Colts RB's, which explains why I didn't consider Wilkins.

As for my TE situation, well, when you take Jordan Reed, obviously you need a backup plan. Reed will be elite when he can play. And when he can't, Davis should also be a TE1, given Alex Smith's proclivities. Yeah, on their bye week I'll have to figure something out, but if I love all of my offensive players on the roster in Week 4, hell, I can just waive one of my IDP's, take a 0 that week in one of those starting spots, and pick up another TE. And if Reed is healthy going into Week 4, I can probably just waive Davis and pick up another TE and then just re-acquire Davis the following week, unless someone blocks me in the league on that, which would be doubtful for their first round of moves. So I'm not really worried about that.

I do recognize that I am a little light with depth at WR though, since you have to start 4 at all times (one of the flexes can't be another RB), and I only have 5 on my roster. And Robby Anderson could still be facing league discipline for some off-the-field incidents this past offseason. The best WR's currently on waivers are probably Dede Westbrook and Christian Kirk, and I was thinking that Kirk would be the better choice since you also get a point for every 20 return yards in this league. But then I'm not sure which player I would waive. I'll probably just keep my team as is for now. Unless y'all convince me Kirk is a must-have LOL.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Got my draft on August 28, am in a 14 team league, got the 9th overall pick.

Hopefully someone good falls to me. Question for you guys - is Leonard Fournette gonna be good value at that spot? Realistically, him, Melvin Gordon or LSean McCoy are likely to be the best remaining RBs at that point, and I always like to go RB first unless AB or Jones falls to me.

I like Fournette there because he is durable and will be productive as they will use him at the goal line to get those 1 and 2 yard td runs.

As others have said, I would stay off McCoy. I have a feeling this stuff with the ex girlfriend could suspend him (rightfully in my opinion) and the Bills offensive line is garbage.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Moses wrote:
Got my draft on August 28, am in a 14 team league, got the 9th overall pick.

Hopefully someone good falls to me. Question for you guys - is Leonard Fournette gonna be good value at that spot? Realistically, him, Melvin Gordon or LSean McCoy are likely to be the best remaining RBs at that point, and I always like to go RB first unless AB or Jones falls to me.

I like Fournette there because he is durable and will be productive as they will use him at the goal line to get those 1 and 2 yard td runs.

As others have said, I would stay off McCoy. I have a feeling this stuff with the ex girlfriend could suspend him (rightfully in my opinion) and the Bills offensive line is garbage.

Fournette is NOT durable. He has foot/ankle problems that have plagued him all of his college and pro career. I’d still take him or Gordon at 9 but then if you take Fournette, I’d reach on a Yeldon handcuff later.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Lets say its...

Barkley because the Giants will likely struggle offensively
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

I've ever understood why anyone takes two QB's, hell I've won leagues streaming QBs before. I will only ever draft one, and it usually isn't till the 8th to 9th round.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Drafted 9th in a 14 team league, this was what I got tonight:

QB Wentz, Mahomes
RB D. Henry, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Stewart, T. Coleman
WR J. Jones, AJ Green, D. Thomas, J. Doctson
TE OJ Howard
K Bailey
DEF Eagles, Broncos

Did I do ok?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Fournette is NOT durable. He has foot/ankle problems that have plagued him all of his college and pro career. I’d still take him or Gordon at 9 but then if you take Fournette, I’d reach on a Yeldon handcuff later.

he is durable to run over fools when they get in the way
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Drafted 9th in a 14 team league, this was what I got tonight:

QB Wentz, Mahomes
RB D. Henry, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Stewart, T. Coleman
WR J. Jones, AJ Green, D. Thomas, J. Doctson
TE OJ Howard
K Bailey
DEF Eagles, Broncos

Did I do ok?

I would watch the waiver for the first RB to light up the league out of nowhere, you'll need it. Why two defenses?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Lets say its...

Barkley because the Giants will likely struggle offensively

I can go either way on that. I can see why they would, but I can see why they wouldn’t. He’s also a rookie so there’s risk there too.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
I've ever understood why anyone takes two QB's, hell I've won leagues streaming QBs before. I will only ever draft one, and it usually isn't till the 8th to 9th round.

I almost always take two QBs. I take a safe, high floor QB in the late rounds like you, and then an upside QB late.

Last year I hit on Wentz. Year before that I took Carr. Year before that I took Cam Newton.

Dunno if I’ll catch lightning in a bottle again this year, but my late round QB fliter is Marcus Mariota. Dude led the league in red zone efficiency a couple years ago and they have a new coaching staff. And he runs. And he now has a nice pass catching RB to dump passes off to.

I’m looking for a QB1 I can ride each week, and each year for the past 3 years I end up riding with my second QB drafted.

If I don’t hit, I’ll stream or play my safe pick.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Just had my work league draft — 10 teams, 2 QB, full PPR. Drafted 9th.

QB: Wentz, Jimmy G, Keenum
RB: Melvin Gordon, McCoy, Lamar Miller, K. Johnson, Mack, Ekeler
WR: Hopkins, Josh Gordon, Sanders, Goodwin, Keelan Cole, Mike Williams
TE: Kyle Rudolph
D/ST: Bills
K: Bryant

Thoughts?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

Just had my draft and think i did pretty good. Picked 6th in 12 team half ppr and someone reached and drafted kamara early so David Johnson dropped down to me.

QB Wentz
RB David Johnson, McCaffrey, Mixon, Freeman, Kerryon
WR Mike Evans, Demariyus, Stills, Golloday, Garcon, Corey Davis
TE Trey Burton
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

I almost always take two QBs. I take a safe, high floor QB in the late rounds like you, and then an upside QB late.

Last year I hit on Wentz. Year before that I took Carr. Year before that I took Cam Newton.

Dunno if I’ll catch lightning in a bottle again this year, but my late round QB fliter is Marcus Mariota. Dude led the league in red zone efficiency a couple years ago and they have a new coaching staff. And he runs. And he now has a nice pass catching RB to dump passes off to.

I’m looking for a QB1 I can ride each week, and each year for the past 3 years I end up riding with my second QB drafted.

Invariably a QB1 comes out of nowhere that was undrafted fantasy wise (last year it was Deshaun Watson in my league, when he got hurt I picked up Kirk Cousins). It happens every year.

On top of that the variability in points between a QB1 and QB2 is IMO less than say an RB1 and RB2. Its why I focus on RBs and WRs. Just my thought process though.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

Thoughts?

I wouldn't touch McCoy with a 10 foot pole but otherwise that is a nice roster. I expect Mike Williams to make a jump with Hunter Henry out.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Thoughts?

I wouldn't touch McCoy with a 10 foot pole but otherwise that is a nice roster. I expect Mike Williams to make a jump with Hunter Henry out.

I feel like a lot of people are saying that, and before the draft I was saying the same thing, but he was sitting there in the 4th and I needed an RB2. If he can stay even remotely healthy, I'm hoping he'll be worth it based on volume alone. Especially in PPR
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Thoughts?

I feel like a lot of people are saying that, and before the draft I was saying the same thing, but he was sitting there in the 4th and I needed an RB2. If he can stay even remotely healthy, I'm hoping he'll be worth it based on volume alone. Especially in PPR

4th round is actually ok value. I could see picking him there based on other factors. I am very leery of his pending legal situation just as much as his age though.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:

Invariably a QB1 comes out of nowhere that was undrafted fantasy wise (last year it was Deshaun Watson in my league, when he got hurt I picked up Kirk Cousins). It happens every year.

On top of that the variability in points between a QB1 and QB2 is IMO less than say an RB1 and RB2. Its why I focus on RBs and WRs. Just my thought process though.

Dont get me wrong, I primarily focus on RBs too. Just saying, there is a late round QB that finishes top 5 every year. Last year, Alex Smith, and Wentz was pacing for that too before his injury. If i can find that late, I can use my waiver claims on RBs instead of streaming QBs.

The reason i nearly always draft two QBs is because I always draft QBs late. Nice thing about QBs is you dont have to wait. They start right away. With late RBs, you have to wait for them to start producIng. If Mariota starts playing like a QB1, I can trade him for a high upside RB down the road or trade the other QB instead.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Fantasy relevant news:

Dan Bailey released

McKinnon suffered serious injury at practice Saturday (rumor is ACL Tear)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25
Jump to: