Kobe mentoring Jayson Tatum (UPDATE: mentoring Kyle Kuzma too! p.22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Tatum also has age on his side.

That being said, Kuzma still a good offensive player. Also, it's ingram/ball vs tatum because those 2 are the main reasons why we didn't look at him

Okay I'm tired of this narrative because someone is younger they will be better than Kuzma smh.Who would you rather have on your roster Derrick Williams or Jimmy butler?Well coming out of the NBA draft Derrick was seen as the Superior Prospect but as we all know Jimmy Butler became the better player Jimmy Butler stayed in school and was seen as not having an upside is Derrick Williams for guess who's the better player.Now Kuzma can score any way imaginable I don't see why people don't see his upside ?he's only 23 that's not old at all people act like because he's 23 he's already at his peak lol.By the way Williams was the 2nd player taken in that draft Butler was 30th.

That's a poor comparison. The age difference matters when the 19 year old is playing just as well, if not better, than the 23 year old.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The thing with Tatum and his age, is that you’re not supposed to be that good at 19.
Winner, close thread.

The guy is already elite at 19

The most overused, hollow, and insipid term to infect sports discussions the last few years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
watchME wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The thing with Tatum and his age, is that you’re not supposed to be that good at 19.
Winner, close thread.

He had an elite season.... its his rookie season though... not saying he will not be good and maybe even great... but its still just one season... I have seen so many guys through my years of watching basketball have an elite season and not do much more after that... Lets give him time... I personally feel like he is being OVERHYPED right now...

I like our guys just as much, forget age, when they are so similar in age... I think they all have great futures and will battle for championships for many years to come...

For all of those guys that are jocking Tatum, which TEAM will you be rooting for???

Just curious. In all of your years of watching basketball, which players do you recall having a season as good as Tatum’s, whilst doing it mostly at 19 years of age? (He was 19 for 77% of the regular season)

It’s almost unprecedented. Extremely rare at worst. And has no bearing on which team a person is rooting for.

It feels like it does... you are so obsessed with this guy you missed the points of the post...

ITS ONE SEASON!!! One season does not a career make! Here is how you prove who you are rooting for... STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS CELTIC!!!..lol

Ive seen a ton of guys not live up to the hype...again I am not saying TATUM will not have a great career, but I am saying HE IS A CELTIC...

We have a some very good young players for you to be excited about, why are you so excited about a CELTIC player? Start working you mind around to the idea that he is our ENEMY... with any luck our young guys will be going up against there young guys in the championship for many years to come...

BUCK FOSTON!!!

Read the thread title, it is about Kobe and Tatum. Of course we would discuss Kobe and Tatum. And you have done your part to move the thread along.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
watchME wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Winner, close thread.

He had an elite season.... its his rookie season though... not saying he will not be good and maybe even great... but its still just one season... I have seen so many guys through my years of watching basketball have an elite season and not do much more after that... Lets give him time... I personally feel like he is being OVERHYPED right now...

I like our guys just as much, forget age, when they are so similar in age... I think they all have great futures and will battle for championships for many years to come...

For all of those guys that are jocking Tatum, which TEAM will you be rooting for???

Just curious. In all of your years of watching basketball, which players do you recall having a season as good as Tatum’s, whilst doing it mostly at 19 years of age? (He was 19 for 77% of the regular season)

It’s almost unprecedented. Extremely rare at worst. And has no bearing on which team a person is rooting for.

It feels like it does... you are so obsessed with this guy you missed the points of the post...

ITS ONE SEASON!!! One season does not a career make! Here is how you prove who you are rooting for... STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS CELTIC!!!..lol

Ive seen a ton of guys not live up to the hype...again I am not saying TATUM will not have a great career, but I am saying HE IS A CELTIC...

We have a some very good young players for you to be excited about, why are you so excited about a CELTIC player? Start working you mind around to the idea that he is our ENEMY... with any luck our young guys will be going up against there young guys in the championship for many years to come...

BUCK FOSTON!!!

Read the thread title, it is about Kobe and Tatum. Of course we would discuss Kobe and Tatum. And you have done your part to move the thread along.

Its BECAUSE he's a celtic that I personally keep coming back to this. He's possibly going to be a pain in our collective a$$ for the next 15 years!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
watchME wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Winner, close thread.

BUCK FOSTON!!!

Discuss them in the General Basketball thread. Kobe+Kuz belongs in the Lounge. Kobe being a traitor and doing work for Ainge seems like a Celtics discussion.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Man, Luka is tall!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl3XEBuV4AAmZK3.jpg:large

Quote:
Luka Doncic @luka7doncic

🐍 #mambamentality

Last edited by epak on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Lakers great32 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Tatum also has age on his side.

That being said, Kuzma still a good offensive player. Also, it's ingram/ball vs tatum because those 2 are the main reasons why we didn't look at him

Okay I'm tired of this narrative because someone is younger they will be better than Kuzma smh.Who would you rather have on your roster Derrick Williams or Jimmy butler?Well coming out of the NBA draft Derrick was seen as the Superior Prospect but as we all know Jimmy Butler became the better player Jimmy Butler stayed in school and was seen as not having an upside is Derrick Williams for guess who's the better player.Now Kuzma can score any way imaginable I don't see why people don't see his upside ?he's only 23 that's not old at all people act like because he's 23 he's already at his peak lol.By the way Williams was the 2nd player taken in that draft Butler was 30th.

That's a poor comparison. The age difference matters when the 19 year old is playing just as well, if not better, than the 23 year old.

No it's not it validates my point that a guy can be older and still end up as good or possibly better than a younger player, people make it seem like Kuzma being 23 years old means he's already reached his peak like he can't improve that's nonsense. Butler didn't start out as well as Kuzma but he is an all star and one of the most complete players in the NBA today.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl4JX5pV4AA4QoJ.jpg

Just beautiful
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Tatum isn’t elite at anything right now. He averaged 14 points per game which many rookies have done. He averaged 17 or 18 in the playoffs but his efficiency went way down including his 3 ball dropping 10%. Celtics won those series’s on team defense and ball movement. His playmaking is lacking, his handles and rebounding are average. His defense was good for a rookie but some of that could be due to brad’s system.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
watchME wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Winner, close thread.

BUCK FOSTON!!!

Discuss them in the General Basketball thread. Kobe+Kuz belongs in the Lounge. Kobe being a traitor and doing work for Ainge seems like a Celtics discussion.

Our young guys like Lonzo and Ingram have had a wide-open door to work out with Kobe and they haven't taken advantage of it. And LG responds by calling him a traitor and/or insinuating that he hates Ingram...

Maybe you should be mad at our young players (who none of them will ever be as good as Kobe) being immature, irresponsible and not taking the same advantage of Kobe's offer that other young players (from EVERY team) are doing...?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
Tatum isn’t elite at anything right now. He averaged 14 points per game which many rookies have done. He averaged 17 or 18 in the playoffs but his efficiency went way down including his 3 ball dropping 10%. Celtics won those series’s on team defense and ball movement. His playmaking is lacking, his handles and rebounding are average. His defense was good for a rookie but some of that could be due to brad’s system.

Tatum is good and will be great most likely.. but sometimes I wonder if fans are just hyping other players cause of the concern our young guys won’t be any good or won’t be difference makers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl4JX5pV4AA4QoJ.jpg

Just beautiful

That is indeed a very fascinating photo
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
his handles average.
LOL!
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:

Isn’t he an elite 3pt shooter?

What about %82Ft?

What about his elite iso skills?

what about his handles?

stop hating just because he is a celtic. Before we were laker fans we were basketball fans.

If any of you guys watched all the celtic playoff games you would know tatum is no joke. Just ask kobe
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Man, Luka is tall!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dl3XEBuV4AAmZK3.jpg:large

Quote:
Luka Doncic @luka7doncic

🐍 #mambamentality

He's advertised as a 6'8" point guard, so that looks about right. He's slightly hunched over too, in a display of respect for the Holy one.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
his handles average.
LOL!

I didn't get that bit either
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

What about %82Ft?

what about his handles?

stop hating just because he is a celtic. Before we were laker fans we were basketball fans.

If any of you guys watched all the celtic playoff games you would know tatum is no joke. Just ask kobe

I still think you are missing the overall point... GET OFF HIS ______!!!...lol

We will be battling him for championships in the future.. HE IS A CELTIC!!!

Real Laker fans dont give Celtic player credit until they retire!! Get with the program!!...lol.. Or sell your Laker fandom like that Knicks guy did!! I would offer you $1 to start the bidding off...lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

So far this month, Kobes been with:

Tatum, Kuz, Luka and Giannis.
Kobe doing work after retirement.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Tatum’s handle absolutely great for his size/position/age. He ties it into his shot making capabiltiy in the midrange really well — shades of Kobe’s game

Makes sense why Kobe loves this guy.. doesn’t mean Zo won’t be on his tier in terms of impact
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
watchME wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

What about %82Ft?

what about his handles?

I still think you are missing the overall point... GET OFF HIS ______!!!...lol

We will be battling him for championships in the future.. HE IS A CELTIC!!!

Real Laker fans dont give Celtic player credit until they retire!! Get with the program!!...lol.. Or sell your Laker fandom like that Knicks guy did!! I would offer you $1 to start the bidding off...lol
You can’t impose your mentality on everyone else. The fact that I can appreciate a kid’s game doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop wishing the lakers to win the championship. A true basketball fan will love what tatum brings, not alot of players bring that.

The combination of athletic ability, shot making, handles and high IQ make him a joy to watch.
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

82% free throw shooting is elite now?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Giannis looked like a beat in his pic with Kobe.

The next gen talent in the East is actually pretty strong, Giannis, Simmons, Embiid, Tatum (if you think he's in that weight class).
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

What about %82Ft?

what about his handles?

Nope. My family has been in L.A. for 108 years. I was born a Laker fan.

Tatum averaged 14/5/1. That is not good. His team wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs if it was in the West.

With all the minutes and all the opportunity in the world given to him, he barely beat out Marcus Morris for 3rd-leading scorer on that team.

Finally, mother (bleep) the Celtics.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
So far this month, Kobes been with:

Tatum, Kuz, Luka and Giannis.
Kobe doing work after retirement.

Seems like Luka was just there for the Nike photo-op Kobe was hosting, not a workout.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: