Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Jersey Retirement

Etnupe06 wrote:
If Rajon Rondo wins a title or two with the Lakers, and is a major contributor, will his Jersey be retired at Staples? Assuming he makes the HOF. Could a Celtic ever have a Retired Lakers Jersey?

Only if Horry’s jersey is retired first.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
It be interesting to see if Rondo clashes heads with Luke.

I don't think Rondo has ever had a good relationship with any coach (maybe Pelicans)

Rondo seemingly has clashed with coaches who dictate what should and shouldn't happen.

Luke isn't that type of coach, he's a I'll teach and you guys go figure it out type.

I actually think Luke will be awesome for the likes of Rondo and LeBron.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Jersey Retirement

Etnupe06 wrote:
If Rajon Rondo wins a title or two with the Lakers, and is a major contributor, will his Jersey be retired at Staples? Assuming he makes the HOF. Could a Celtic ever have a Retired Lakers Jersey?

Someone call a moderator this thread is out of control.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

I don't think Rondo has ever had a good relationship with any coach (maybe Pelicans)

Rondo seemingly has clashed with coaches who dictate what should and shouldn't happen.

Luke isn't that type of coach, he's a I'll teach and you guys go figure it out type.

It's amazing how few people get this.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Rondo can get #9 now!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is a bad bad man
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

It's amazing how few people get this.

THE ENTIRE TEAM IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Best #9 since Nick the quick
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

in addition because luke isnt an older coach thats completely set in his ways. he isnt completely tied to any philosophy. which gives rondo room to bring his philosophy to the room. these other coaches are stuck on their way of doing it, but if it isnt working, rondo is super smart so he'll be on you about why it isnt working and how they need to try something else. in addition, like kobe. you can't be coachable if there's nothing the coach needs to actually tell you. think about it.

if the coach never has to yell at me for playing around in practice or not taking it serious or not coming in late or not coming in early and staying late, or forgetting the play(s). and the coach doesnt have to push me to be the best me I can be because I push myself. Then what can a coach coach me on? not much. this alone will hurt most coaches feelings and will feel like they can't coach rondo.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

in addition because luke isnt an older coach thats completely set in his ways. he isnt completely tied to any philosophy. which gives rondo room to bring his philosophy to the room. these other coaches are stuck on their way of doing it, but if it isnt working, rondo is super smart so he'll be on you about why it isnt working and how they need to try something else. in addition, like kobe. you can't be coachable if there's nothing the coach needs to actually tell you. think about it.

if the coach never has to yell at me for playing around in practice or not taking it serious or not coming in late or not coming in early and staying late, or forgetting the play(s). and the coach doesnt have to push me to be the best me I can be because I push myself. Then what can a coach coach me on? not much. this alone will hurt most coaches feelings and will feel like they can't coach rondo.

Rondo is transitioning to coaching, he has the past few years been a good mentor to the young players. Instead of being a coach problem, he is going to be a player coach. Luke will listen to the veterans too, I see no problems with coaching, I think the biggest issue will be available minutes.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Jersey Retirement

Etnupe06 wrote:

He shouldn't have his jersey retired on the Lakers no matter how many titles they win, but I agree that it would reignite his candidacy into the HOF (which I believe he was trending towards until he derailed himself during his Mavericks fiasco).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

Rondo is transitioning to coaching, he has the past few years been a good mentor to the young players. Instead of being a coach problem, he is going to be a player coach. Luke will listen to the veterans too, I see no problems with coaching, I think the biggest issue will be available minutes.

I expect Rondo to be one of the main vets to guide the young players in big hostile games, he’s gonna be very vital for the team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is my guy, amazing as it is to say.

I can't wait to see him bird dogging people and raking up assists while playing the hard ass.

This guy is going to become a fan favorite here, I am confident of that.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

#What Will A Rajon Rondo Mentorship Mean For Lonzo Ball?
Quote:
The similarities between the two are clear: They both have tremendous court vision and an awesome ability to act on that vision with passes very few players have the precision and reaction time to make. Those are skills that will always have value in the NBA. Ironically enough though, they will rank second and third in players with that skillset on their own team. No player in the NBA currently has better vision and passing skills than LeBron James.

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/251094/What-Will-A-Rajon-Rondo-Mentorship-Mean-For-Lonzo-Ball

#Los Angeles Lakers newest point guard Rajon Rondo is heading into the season with an interesting role.

Quote:
Rondo and Lonzo will be competing for the starting position but some see Rondo as a mentor for Lonzo moving forward.
Trevor Lane and Nikki Kay breakdown how they seen Rondo fits with this roster for the upcoming season.

818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Rondo is a natural leader... he pulled Kuzma up to the film room and just the two of them, with our film guy, were watching just defensive clips"- Luke on Rondo

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1038238127607836672
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Quote:
"Rondo is a natural leader... he pulled Kuzma up to the film room and just the two of them, with our film guy, were watching just defensive clips"- Luke on Rondo

Awesome. This type of stuff is absolutely priceless for a young player/team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
818fan wrote:
Quote:

Yup. Every young player is coming out of this season much smarter and with more tools

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I love Rondo the mentor.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Besides Lebron, Rondo is definitely the player I am most interested in watching this season out of all the newcomers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Besides Lebron, Rondo is definitely the player I am most interested in watching this season out of all the newcomers.

I’m optimistic that all of the vets are gonna have a good season
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

This. I hope/believe Rondo looks at his signing with the Lakers as the opportunity to establish himself as a potential future coaching candidate.

I feel he still needs to put distance from his stint in Dallas and a year or two with the Lakers would be good for his reputation.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
This. I hope/believe Rondo looks at his signing with the Lakers as the opportunity to establish himself as a potential future coaching candidate.

I feel he still needs to put distance from his stint in Dallas and a year or two with the Lakers would be good for his reputation.

--Anonymous
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
h2omike wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

Not sure about Rondo being a coach. Rondo has too much of an ego and isn't very adaptability, especially with all the new changes in the NBA.

I can understand a position or skill coach, but head coach is something I don't think Rondo could be or would want to be.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
818fan wrote:
Quote:

Yup. Every young player is coming out of this season much smarter and with more tools

Young players usually don't find defense sexy but Rondo is seducing them with his D.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Judging from the past few years, the young guys are going to love Rondo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 37 of 168
Jump to: