Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

test 1 2 3 ... looks fixed for now. GT, looks like you will need to repost your info.

Or start a new thread for the new season and we can unsticky this one.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
test 1 2 3 ... looks fixed for now. GT, looks like you will need to repost your info.

Or start a new thread for the new season and we can unsticky this one.

I didn't even realize something had happened. Thanks, man.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Interview w/Brandon Ingram's Skill Enhancement Coach, Micah Lancaster

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/interview-wbrandon-ingrams-skill-enhancement-trainer-micah-lancaster
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

So good GT!

Hi insights into his style of training and his optimism re: BI's future was good to hear.

Funny - But I almost want a separate pod on you guys reacting to more on what he had to say.
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Podcast: Interview w/Brandon Ingram's Skill Enhancement Coach, Micah Lancaster

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/interview-wbrandon-ingrams-skill-enhancement-trainer-micah-lancaster

Good interview, guys. I liked the stuff he said, seemed humble also - never wanted to take any credit for the success of the guys he worked with. Glad he thinks so highly of BI as a player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

That was a dope interview.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BleedP&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the interview, insight that you do not typically get.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Yea that was a nice interview. GT, did you get a sense of whether this sort of training is additive or revolutionary?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

gooner wrote:
Yea that was a nice interview. GT, did you get a sense of whether this sort of training is additive or revolutionary?

I don't think I'm informed enough on this to have an opinion. I thought his distinction between a Skill Enhancement Trainer and a Game Enhancement Trainer was really interesting, and I didn't know that that was a thing before I spoke to him. And maybe it isn't, and it's just his approach.

I just don't know enough about the topic to be able to distinguish whether or not it's additive or revolutionary.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Video: Remembering Pau Gasol as a Laker

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/31/17802940/laker-film-room-classic-remembering-pau-gasol-lakers

Pau was always underappreciated as a Laker. If he had a killer instinct he could've been one of the greatest players ever, because he had virtually no weaknesses in his game.

I don’t think he was underappreciated, but more like the fans were frustrated with him at times, I’m pretty sure if a poll was made most would talk about how great he was while he was here.

He was extremely under appreciated and underrated and statements like “ if he had a killer instinct”, even from somebody stating those things, proves that. If he wasn’t a European player his toughness and “killer instinct” would’ve never been a topic because they were never issues.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/31/17802940/laker-film-room-classic-remembering-pau-gasol-lakers

Pau was always underappreciated as a Laker. If he had a killer instinct he could've been one of the greatest players ever, because he had virtually no weaknesses in his game.

I don’t think he was underappreciated, but more like the fans were frustrated with him at times, I’m pretty sure if a poll was made most would talk about how great he was while he was here.

He was extremely under appreciated and underrated and statements like “ if he had a killer instinct”, even from somebody stating those things, proves that. If he wasn’t a European player his toughness and “killer instinct” would’ve never been a topic because they were never issues.

Well a big part of Kobe and Pau's relationship was Kobe trying to get Pau to be tougher and bring out that killer instinct, black swan and what not. Kobe constantly harped on it and they've both spoken candidly about it during interviews. Probably the best example of Pau lacking intensity would be the series against Dallas in Phil's last season. Best example of black swan would be the finals against Boston.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Well a big part of Kobe and Pau's relationship was Kobe trying to get Pau to be tougher and bring out that killer instinct, black swan and what not. Kobe constantly harped on it and they've both spoken candidly about it during interviews. Probably the best example of Pau lacking intensity would be the series against Dallas in Phil's last season. Best example of black swan would be the finals against Boston.

To this date I still don't understand what happened to Pau Gasol in the Dallas series. Did Shannon Brown really sleep with his GF? Something must have happened to really take Gasol out of that series mentally.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject:

^ Yea Pau played well against Dallas during the year and completely folded in the playoffs. I usually don't pay attention to rumors like that, never knowing what's true or not, but man.. something wasn't right.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

Video: Breaking down the adjustments Lonzo Ball made to his jumper

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/11/17842030/laker-film-room-breaking-down-lonzo-ball-jumper-form-video-lakers
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Kobe constantly pushed Shaq to play with more intensity more consistently as well. His killer instinct was never in question(and for good reason). Everybody can’t have the killer instinct of Kobe, very very few do. Just because he didn’t have it to that level doesn’t mean he didn’t have it. It was only ever a topic of conversation because he’s a Euro.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Kobe constantly pushed Shaq to play with more intensity more consistently as well. His killer instinct was never in question(and for good reason). Everybody can’t have the killer instinct of Kobe, very very few do. Just because he didn’t have it to that level doesn’t mean he didn’t have it. It was only ever a topic of conversation because he’s a Euro.

I personally would never put Shaq and Pau in the same breath as far as intensity goes but to each his own. When Phil socked Pau in the chest it wasn't because he was a Euro, it's because of what he was demonstrating on the court. In the new Kobe interview he speaks to a specific instance of him trying to bring the "physicality" (toughness) out of him around the 12 minute mark.

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It was a topic of conversation because it was there consistently for the Spanish national team, and popped up from time to time on the Lakers. We knew it was there, we just didn't know when we would see it.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It was a topic of conversation because it was there consistently for the Spanish national team, and popped up from time to time on the Lakers. We knew it was there, we just didn't know when we would see it.

I strongly disagree. Many if not most NBA players don’t play with the level of intensity that Pau played with throughout the regular season(during his Lakers tenure). For American born players, taking it easy in the regular season is normal and nobody thinks twice but for Euros, they’re often soft or lack killer instinct. Pau was and is criminally underrated and saying he lacked intensity or toughness is always the cop out to justify it. He was the second best player on 2 championship and 3 finals teams and does not receive the deserved credit for that because of the silly and false toughness/intensity argument.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I personally would never put Shaq and Pau in the same breath as far as intensity goes but to each his own. When Phil socked Pau in the chest it wasn't because he was a Euro, it's because of what he was demonstrating on the court. In the new Kobe interview he speaks to a specific instance of him trying to bring the "physicality" (toughness) out of him around the 12 minute mark.

I would argue that over the course of a regular season, Pau played with considerably more intensity than Shaq on average. And that’s coming from a guy who thinks Shaq in his prime was the single greatest player of all time. But he had a switch that he left off for huge portions of his career.

Kobe wanting to bring more intensity out of Pau doesn’t change my opinion and that makes me think you don’t really understand my point.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I strongly disagree. Many if not most NBA players don’t play with the level of intensity that Pau played with throughout the regular season(during his Lakers tenure). For American born players, taking it easy in the regular season is normal and nobody thinks twice but for Euros, they’re often soft or lack killer instinct. Pau was and is criminally underrated and saying he lacked intensity or toughness is always the cop out to justify it. He was the second best player on 2 championship and 3 finals teams and does not receive the deserved credit for that because of the silly and false toughness/intensity argument.

I agree with you. I think people confuse physicality with intensity. KG is often considered one of the most "intense" players in the NBA, but Pau used to go toe to toe with him, and at times outplay him entirely. You never had to push Pau to play with more intensity.

What Kobe tried to get out of him was more physicality. He was a finesse player who took what the defense gave him, but Kobe wanted him to realize that no defense could stop him if he forced his will on them. That's the Mamba mentality that he tried to impart on Pau. Shaq had the physicality night in night out, but he rarely played with intensity. He needed some outside influence to inspire him.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
slavavov wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I agree with you. I think people confuse physicality with intensity. KG is often considered one of the most "intense" players in the NBA, but Pau used to go toe to toe with him, and at times outplay him entirely. You never had to push Pau to play with more intensity.

What Kobe tried to get out of him was more physicality. He was a finesse player who took what the defense gave him, but Kobe wanted him to realize that no defense could stop him if he forced his will on them. That's the Mamba mentality that he tried to impart on Pau. Shaq had the physicality night in night out, but he rarely played with intensity. He needed some outside influence to inspire him.

Very well said.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
manlisten wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I would argue that over the course of a regular season, Pau played with considerably more intensity than Shaq on average. And that’s coming from a guy who thinks Shaq in his prime was the single greatest player of all time. But he had a switch that he left off for huge portions of his career.

Kobe wanting to bring more intensity out of Pau doesn’t change my opinion and that makes me think you don’t really understand my point.

I think it started off about how Pau's toughness was "never an issue". Then I provided examples of Kobe and Phil urging Pau to be tougher. Then I think you were saying that when American players are soft, nobody calls them soft but when Pau played soft he was labeled a soft Euro. Now it looks like a discussion about the semantics of toughness versus intensity. So I probably did lose the point somewhere along the way. Never was trying to change your opinion.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Got another podcast lined up anytime GT? Getting withdrawals over here. You guys can't go to twice a week soon enough.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Training Camp Preview with Mike Trudell

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/training-camp-preview-with-mike-trudell
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Your timing is impeccable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 70 of 93
Jump to: