OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:

But that In-n-Out sauce that is a mixture of mayo and ketchup is pretty good.

Thousand Island is better than that stuff.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Somebody make me laugh. What is Paul George?

Chick-Fila on Sunday

Sounds good, can’t have it
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1038209379449749504

BI's shot looking smoother?

0:11 drive and kick
0:25 pull up jumper
0:32 catch and shoot 3
0:34 contest on Rondo
0:39 practicing picking up the water bottle drill
0:46 jumper

His handles looked pretty good on that between the legs clip. Can't wait to some actual play instead of these vids. I think Kuz took about 5 steps on that last shot
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Somebody make me laugh. What is Paul George?

When you have steak and salad on the same plate and the salad gets soggy. That’s Paul George. Soggy warm salad.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
What is Paul George?

I have images of Smeagol - “what is a hobbitses?”
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Made an Ingram jumper breakdown. Game clips from last year, workouts from this summer...
Showing why Kawhi why would be a great template as a fellow long armed player
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brU8VAqs2QI Made an Ingram jumper breakdown. Game clips from last year, workouts from this summer...

Nice analysis. Need to do a follow up after the season starts to highlight changes if any he has made.

Does Kawhi's shooting form require strong wrists? I do like wrists shooters as I feel it gives them better touch on their shots but Kawhi is more extreme and there haven't been many of those through out the years. Kevin Martin comes to mind.

I am not sure if BI is capable of replicating a similar form given the strength requirements and how extreme it is. Maybe an in between form such as Ray Allen might be more suitable.

BI's side of the head form is also not very common but Larry Bird had a similar motion and maybe a comparison between these two would be good.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Heretic!!!

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

On Animal Fries
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brU8VAqs2QI Made an Ingram jumper breakdown. Game clips from last year, workouts from this summer...

Nice analysis. Need to do a follow up after the season starts to highlight changes if any he has made.

Does Kawhi's shooting form require strong wrists? I do like wrists shooters as I feel it gives them better touch on their shots but Kawhi is more extreme and there haven't been many of those through out the years. Kevin Martin comes to mind.

I am not sure if BI is capable of replicating a similar form given the strength requirements and how extreme it is. Maybe an in between form such as Ray Allen might be more suitable.

BI's side of the head form is also not very common but Larry Bird had a similar motion and maybe a comparison between these two would be good.

I don’t think Kawhi’s wrist action is too far of a step up from just prototypical wrist action you see from great shooters...But wrist/hand strength does help him there. But Mikal Bridges, Snell, Aaron Gordon all use this form to different degrees of success

Wasted motion in jumpers is just dying out of the league because strokes need to be as quick and replicable as possible..wasted motion brings more variables and obviously slows shots down
This form I contrasted BI’s with, it’s just not a form a player would think to switch to without watching examples - like KD’s form....
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I don’t think Kawhi’s wrist action is too far of a step up from just prototypical wrist action you see from great shooters...But wrist/hand strength does help him there. But Mikal Bridges, Snell, Aaron Gordon all use this form to different degrees of success

Wasted motion in jumpers is just dying out of the league because strokes need to be as quick and replicable as possible..wasted motion brings more variables and obviously slows shots down
This form I contrasted BI’s with, it’s just not a form a player would think to switch to without watching examples - like KD’s form....

The wrist action is normal but the length of motion of the arm extending on the shot is short due to it already being extended upward. Consequently I feel the wrists need to be strong to propel the ball towards the rim with proper spin without much help from the arm motion.

Not sure if BI has this strength. Hope this makes sense.

I was just wondering your reason for picking KL for comparison purposes. I thought Bird would fit better since their motions are more similar.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

The wrist action is normal but the length of motion of the arm extending on the shot is short due to it already being extended upward. Consequently I feel the wrists need to be strong to propel the ball towards the rim with proper spin without much help from the arm motion.

Not sure if BI has this strength. Hope this makes sense.

I was just wondering your reason for picking KL for comparison purposes. I thought Bird would fit better since their motions are more similar.

because they both have long arms, equal wingspans

I'm just encouraged that he could make this switch despite needing wrist strength because there are a few other players who use this form. I don't like Bird's form for today's NBA, wasted motion/2part strokes are dying out - they're too slow. Bird made 1 three per game only as well.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Hey KIROE, I have a general shooting question for you. I was watching Kawhi's jump shot in 0.25x speed, and it looks to me like his legs are basically frozen while arms go from the dip to the set point.

See legs at the dip and at the set point. The only difference I see is that his hips have moved forward a bit.

Then when the ball reaches the set point, then the release and the legs move at the same time.

Is that standard?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Hey KIROE, I have a general shooting question for you. I was watching Kawhi's jump shot in 0.25x speed, and it looks to me like his legs are basically frozen while arms go from the dip to the set point.

See legs at the dip and at the set point. The only difference I see is that his hips have moved forward a bit.

Then when the ball reaches the set point, then the release and the legs move at the same time.

Is that standard?

think that's exaggerated with him because his set-point is much closer to his release, than most players.
he's loading his legs until he starts the motion in his high pocket,and that stroke release is so streamlined ----- his stroke is so concise, his leap is just timed for that concise pocket to release action
It's all cuz his shot is so concise - He gets really good bend and springs in that late window
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

Gotcha. Will keep that in mind. Like BI I have issues synchronizing my legs and arms so I'm trying to model my shot after the pros
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Gotcha. Will keep that in mind. Like BI I have issues synchronizing my legs and arms so I'm trying to model my shot after the pros

Best thing you can do for that is just —- more dip, less cockback . Get some good wrist/hand rhythm too. So those are 3 rhythms you can use that don’t mess up your body’s momentum going upward

Wrist rhythm/action is just unfolding the wrist backwards and then flicking to release. Hand rhythm is unique hand placement that feels right for you
https://twitter.com/bbiomechanics/status/1036136686000975873?s=21 Ray Allen’s hands started on the sides of the ball
Only cockback to the point ur wrist needs to unfold backwards, anything more is unnecessary cockback
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

I don't know anything about shooting, but I've heard on several occasions Ingram shoots with little to no rotation on the ball? Is that still true? And how big of an issue is it for him to get spin on his shots?
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

IBWriter wrote:
I don't know anything about shooting, but I've heard on several occasions Ingram shoots with little to no rotation on the ball? Is that still true? And how big of an issue is it for him to get spin on his shots?

He changes his shot when he is rushed by defense. Training and repetition should help with this. If you watch him in warmups he has nice rotation on hisshot.
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

He changes his shot when he is rushed by defense. Training and repetition should help with this. If you watch him in warmups he has nice rotation on hisshot.

I love B.I. but the one thing that annoys me when he shoots, is that he looks up at the ball as soon as it leaves his hands. Does anyone notice this??

It's like his eyes are more focused on the ball than looking at the rim. Most shooters don't need to look at the ball after it leaves their hands.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

I love B.I. but the one thing that annoys me when he shoots, is that he looks up at the ball as soon as it leaves his hands. Does anyone notice this??

It's like his eyes are more focused on the ball than looking at the rim. Most shooters don't need to look at the ball after it leaves their hands.

Oldschool32-I think his rotation suffers in game because he cocksback more. That doesn’t allow good focus on hands/wrist flick

And a lot of good shooters actually watch the ball in the air. Steph, Klay and many more. Search @bbiomechanics on twitter “eye gaze” or “ball flight” and you’ll see a bunch of great shooters
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ruddog89 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
IBWriter wrote:

Oldschool32-I think his rotation suffers in game because he cocksback more. That doesn’t allow good focus on hands/wrist flick

And a lot of good shooters actually watch the ball in the air. Steph, Klay and many more. Search @bbiomechanics on twitter “eye gaze” or “ball flight” and you’ll see a bunch of great shooters

Oh wow. Never noticed. Thanks for the searching tip. Good to know the best shooters in the game do it too then.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

The chip on Ingram's shoulder to prove that he can shoot that Micah Lancaster was talking about may have been put there by his coach.

https://twitter.com/MastaRedSnappa/status/1039226484769021952
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The chip on Ingram's shoulder to prove that he can shoot that Micah Lancaster was talking about may have been put there by his coach.

https://twitter.com/MastaRedSnappa/status/1039226484769021952

1. Nice
2. I wonder who said, "That's the same thing I said, coach"?
3. TB not laughing. No wonder he gone
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Just for reference, what did you think 1000 Island dressing was?

Answer: Ketchup, Mayo, Relish, black pepper, white onion, apple cider vinegar, & kosher salt
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1160, 1161, 1162 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1161 of 1885
Jump to: