GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Do we get $2.4M back in cap space for this year?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:

Are you intentionally trying to confuse people?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eureca wrote:
Good for Luol. He seems like a great guy. I hope it works out for him with the Twolves.

Some Wolves fans think he signed to create a positive culture with the team and suggest he might not even play.

Positive culture? The guy refused to play 8-10 minutes per game for us and was basically just a leach. What's funny about his sense of entitlement is that even at his best he was only a borderline all-star who never averaged more than 19.0 points per game.

Did he really refuse to play 8-10 minutes? From the reports and comments I saw, he continued to show up at practice even though he was never going to play and when the media tried to get him to say something about it, he always said, "I completely understand what they [coaching and FO] are doing".
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I’m not saying anything original but Thibs is gonna finish the job on those TimberBulls.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m not saying anything original but Thibs is gonna finish the job on those TimberBulls.

a WC team being less of a threat is good for us, even if the Wolves did good they aren’t on the Lakers level but them trying to create a Bulls clown show is must see TV, heck we might even get Butler for cheap if they want to collect all the Former-Bulls players.
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:

Via mxcrunner01 on reddit:

based on Larry Coon's website we would get offset for half the amount that he signs above the vet minimum. If he just signs for the minimum nothing changes, if he gets a 5 million deal we would get approx 1.5 million in relief.

"If another team signs a player who has cleared waivers, the player's original team is allowed to reduce the amount of money it still owes the player (and lower their team salary2) by a commensurate amount. This is called the right of set-off. This is true if the player signs with any professional team -- it does not have to be an NBA team. The amount the original team gets to set off is limited to one-half the difference between the player's new salary and the minimum salary for a one-year veteran during the season in which the player is waived."

question 65 Larry Coons CBA FAQ
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

I thought we bought him out? Which would mean we paid him, we owe him nothing.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Thibs has a heart of gold. I highly doubt Deng plays, but it's a nice gesture to a former player he probably ran into the ground.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Thibs has a heart of gold. I highly doubt Deng plays, but it's a nice gesture to a former player he probably ran into the ground.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Definitely very cool of him for collecting his former guys, and trying to make them apart of his culture.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Maginka wrote:

Via mxcrunner01 on reddit:

based on Larry Coon's website we would get offset for half the amount that he signs above the vet minimum. If he just signs for the minimum nothing changes, if he gets a 5 million deal we would get approx 1.5 million in relief.

"If another team signs a player who has cleared waivers, the player's original team is allowed to reduce the amount of money it still owes the player (and lower their team salary2) by a commensurate amount. This is called the right of set-off. This is true if the player signs with any professional team -- it does not have to be an NBA team. The amount the original team gets to set off is limited to one-half the difference between the player's new salary and the minimum salary for a one-year veteran during the season in which the player is waived."

question 65 Larry Coons CBA FAQ

Cool beans!
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Definitely very cool of him for collecting his former guys, and trying to make them apart of his culture.

Die-hard Timberwolves fans would disagree with you. They'd say he's getting washed veterans (besides Jimmy) to play and have his back in a possible mutiny while not giving their draft picks (and Tyus Jones) the opportunity to play.

So when Thibs gets fired and the team has to take two steps back and their young players aren't as developed because Old Player X was getting minutes instead... well, that wouldn't be cool.

But hey, I'm an optimist. I'm sure Tyus/Okogie/Bates-Diop will get plenty of opportunities in practice and absorb the professionalism/work-habits of Deng, Taj, etc.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Die-hard Timberwolves fans would disagree with you. They'd say he's getting washed veterans (besides Jimmy) to play and have his back in a possible mutiny while not giving their draft picks (and Tyus Jones) the opportunity to play.

So when Thibs gets fired and the team has to take two steps back and their young players aren't as developed because Old Player X was getting minutes instead... well, that wouldn't be cool.

But hey, I'm an optimist. I'm sure Tyus/Okogie/Bates-Diop will get plenty of opportunities in practice and absorb the professionalism/work-habits of Deng, Taj, etc.

I’m sure even the hardcore Wolve fans know that they have no chance to compete for a title, even if they didn’t collect these guys, but it will make there season a sucessful story if Thibs can redeem the old vets.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Goodbye Dual Leng, you were my favorite guy on the bench, in fact I was hoping you would stay there...!
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’m sure even the hardcore Wolve fans know that they have no chance to compete for a title, even if they didn’t collect these guys, but it will make there season a sucessful story if Thibs can redeem the old vets.

At the expense of the young players? No way. At the risk of being wolves ground.net, how would we feel if Luke “redeemed” lance and rondo and Beasley while lonzo, hart and kuzma sit in crunch time through the season? They don’t care about Deng looking good, my good man, they want the vets to groom the young core and try to win as many games as possible.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

At the expense of the young players? No way. At the risk of being wolves ground.net, how would we feel if Luke “redeemed” lance and rondo and Beasley while lonzo, hart and kuzma sit in crunch time through the season? They don’t care about Deng looking good, my good man, they want the vets to groom the young core and try to win as many games as possible.

I know the Wolves will be good but they aren’t a top contender in the West more like middle pack that can do damage in the 1st round.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Suuuuure Thibs,

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795445-nba-rumors-timberwolves-not-planning-to-pursue-joakim-noah-after-luol-deng-deal
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Lol. It does look like that ecf bulls team.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I just get a sick feel about Minnesota this coming season. That sinking feeling of one young promising team transitioning to the team that had promise once upon a time.

Eventually our one year contracts are going to be a string of ex Wolves like Butler, KAT, Wiggins looking for table scraps, following Beasley's footsteps, hoping to participate in the Laker Dynasty as they attempt to resurrect their unfulfilled NBA dreams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157
Page 157 of 157
Jump to: