OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1156, 1157, 1158 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Spencer Dinwiddie lol

True. One guy is significantly better than the other.

Pretty sure this guy thought Smush Parker had all-star potential back in the day.

Imagine, if you guys write the things u do on a nba neutral forum and see what the feedback would be like.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1746431

Here you go champ, let's see what happens.

Nice, but you should put it in the general thread. Most people don't look at player comparison threads on realgm

This is from the only Nets fan that posted in the thread:

Quote:
Ball, its not all that close either. dinwiddie was a turnstyle on defense... not that PG defense matters much but ball was really solid on that end. if dinwiddie was some good shooter/efficient scorer id be more inclined to hear out an argument about balls shot being broke and his shooting percentages but outside of some hot games spencer was a bit of a brick layer himself

so that aside, Ball does everything else better,... pass, rebounding, run the floor, etc..

Nets fans just as delusional about Lonzo as Lakers fans are smh, someone gotta go to the Nets forum at let them know that all of NBA world disagrees with their delusional opinions.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Hmm. Lonzo now winning 20 to 15 votes.
Did some of y'all vote? Haha.
Makes me glad that even on realgm there are some that are sane.

Last edited by epak on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

This Spencer argument in Lonzo’s Thread has been the most surreal tangent I could have imagined. Good job kwahileonard.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:
This Spencer argument in Lonzo’s Thread has been the most surreal tangent I could have imagined. Good job kwahileonard.

September is a scary time in here.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Video: Breaking down the adjustments Lonzo Ball made to his jumper

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/11/17842030/laker-film-room-breaking-down-lonzo-ball-jumper-form-video-lakers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:

I wanna say this, if I didn’t see Net games last year and this arguement, I would have never known who Dinwiddie was I do remember the game last year when the Lakers played in Brooklyn, he likes jacking up shots but is a guy who flys under the radar cause of the lack of attention the Nets possesse as a team.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/11/17842030/laker-film-room-breaking-down-lonzo-ball-jumper-form-video-lakers

Thanks as always.
I'm glad Lonzo is bringing the ball up straight now on his shot as you mention instead of bringing his right shoulder forward and looping the ball up. Hoping for that consistency this year.

But his feet. What about his feet?

Last edited by epak on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

good breakdown. this just shows you the difference between college scouts and nba professional scouts/analytics departments. this is the kind of stuff the nba will do to a player. they will break you down so cold to the point where they know you better than you know you. this is the point where a lot of ballers in college get to the pros and give up to some degree. what happens with you when they shut down what you use to do well then what? are you willing to work on it enough to make that thing elite among even the pros and to beat out the pro scouting depts?

I will say this about Zo's shot, the more I watch, the more i realize this guy is either left handed and doesnt know it or he's ambidextrous and his mind can't come to grips with which side is it better to shoot from. you're a right handed player shooting like a lefty. but with your right hand. strange. lol
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
tkLAKERS wrote:

I wanna say this, if I didn’t see Net games last year and this arguement, I would have never known who Dinwiddie was I do remember the game last year when the Lakers played in Brooklyn, he likes jacking up shots but is a guy who flys under the radar cause of the lack of attention the Nets possesse as a team.

Spencer doesn’t fly under the radar. The radar waves just don’t bounce back. They stay to watch him play.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

22-15 Lonzo, however Dinwiddie never surrenders.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

2K has Rondo starting over Lonzo...
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Yes, yes it very much does. Since you're a Dinwiddie fan and the greatest argument for Dinwiddie's value is his sexy RPM, you could poke around the internet and find some interesting articles on the correlation between draft age and peak production in the NBA along with longitudinal impact by production by age, not just anecdotal counting stats for a never was like Okafor. A Spencer Dinwiddie fan should be a fan of linear regression.

I don't know what Lonzo can become. No one does. He's an odd, one of a kind player. If he can shoot from three and increase his frequency of shots at the rim off cuts (both likely playing off of Lebron), he may become the über-role player. Like a guard version of Draymond Green. Or a weird Andre Iguodala. And if he ever adds more conventional scoring skills out of the PnR (not elite, but average) on top of that shooting improvement, he could easily be a HOF-caliber player. Maybe not likely, but a higher peak than our man Spencer.

I dont really care for advance stats.

It's just weird and ironic though. We had a dude that got traded that had incredible advance stats, but no one gave 2 craps about him being traded.....
Somehow a guy that cannot dribble, cannot score in any way besides transtion, zero threat in the halfcourt, has the most ugliest shot in the NBA is somehow a generational prospect is mind boggling.

Unlike Draymond, Lonzo isn't his father. Draymond a straight up dog, lonzo personality is the complete opposite of Draymond. It not only his skillset that makes Draymond the player he is, it's his tenacity and fire that makes him the player he is.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Better question is how many people here and laker fans voted for Lonzo.....
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball had the injured portion of his left meniscus removed during his July surgery.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/09/10/la-lakers-lonzo-ball-meniscus-injury-update-return/

Removing the meniscus instead of repairing could have long-term impacts, as outlined in this article.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/25/8105845/derrick-rose-injury-knee-surgery-bulls-meniscus-repaired-removed
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Lonzo Ball had the injured portion of his left meniscus removed during his July surgery.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2018/09/10/la-lakers-lonzo-ball-meniscus-injury-update-return/

Removing the meniscus instead of repairing could have long-term impacts, as outlined in this article.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/25/8105845/derrick-rose-injury-knee-surgery-bulls-meniscus-repaired-removed

If it was me I would have repaired it and rehabbed. Never a good idea to start taking out parts of the meniscus so young. I hope he heals 100% and doesn't have knee problems long term because he chose 6 weeks over 6 months.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has Rondo starting over Lonzo...

Doesn’t matter you can always switch Rondo with Ball.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It’s important to understand that Lonzo didn’t get his meniscus entirely removed like some NBA players have done in the past, including Dwyane Wade and Russell Westbrook. Instead, he got the damaged portion of his meniscus taken out in order for him to be ready by training camp.

Doesn't seem to have had any negative effects on Westbrook.
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Better question is how many people here and laker fans voted for Lonzo.....

in terms of the entire NBA fanbase, I'm pretty sure lakers fans make up only a minority (there are 29 other teams in the NBA).

Moreover, I'm pretty sure many other fans are biased against the lakers because of past lakers successes/accomplishments, media attention, and a small subset of overly enthusiastic laker fans

Therefore, kinda surprised its 22-15 lonzo, seeing how there's probably many fans from other teams that just saw Zo's name in the poll, and immediately voted the opposite.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone seen the poor horse?
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Yes, yes it very much does. Since you're a Dinwiddie fan and the greatest argument for Dinwiddie's value is his sexy RPM, you could poke around the internet and find some interesting articles on the correlation between draft age and peak production in the NBA along with longitudinal impact by production by age, not just anecdotal counting stats for a never was like Okafor. A Spencer Dinwiddie fan should be a fan of linear regression.

I don't know what Lonzo can become. No one does. He's an odd, one of a kind player. If he can shoot from three and increase his frequency of shots at the rim off cuts (both likely playing off of Lebron), he may become the über-role player. Like a guard version of Draymond Green. Or a weird Andre Iguodala. And if he ever adds more conventional scoring skills out of the PnR (not elite, but average) on top of that shooting improvement, he could easily be a HOF-caliber player. Maybe not likely, but a higher peak than our man Spencer.

It's just weird and ironic though. We had a dude that got traded that had incredible advance stats, but no one gave 2 craps about him being traded.....
Somehow a guy that cannot dribble, cannot score in any way besides transtion, zero threat in the halfcourt, has the most ugliest shot in the NBA is somehow a generational prospect is mind boggling.

Unlike Draymond, Lonzo isn't his father. Draymond a straight up dog, lonzo personality is the complete opposite of Draymond. It not only his skillset that makes Draymond the player he is, it's his tenacity and fire that makes him the player he is.

It weird to me how absolute you sound from one ROOKIE year?? Its almost comical!! It sounds like you think players come into the league as good as they are going to get. I think Lonzo has plenty of desire to correct the things that he needs to with his game. He definitely has the desire to want to be great. So why dont you give him atleast one more year to get where we need him to be... What did Draymond do in his Rookie year?

And stop crying over spilled milk! That player is gone!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I hope kawhileonard reads this article so he can stop bashing Lonzo Ball so much..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lonzowire.usatoday.com/2017/11/24/lonzo-ball-dangelo-russell-brian-shaw-lakers-nets-kyle-kuzma-nba-tv/amp/

Laker fans are the most excited they have been since 2012 we don’t need negative vibe, Lonzo is gonna have a great season
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:

I completely agree with you, especially about the last part. A perfect example is Kawhi Leonard, as it was his personality and fire that eventually led him to become one of the best defenders this game has ever seen. Keep enlightening us with your wisdom, I’m sure most here are learning a lot from you they just don’t want to admit it.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:

I completely agree with you, especially about the last part. A perfect example is Kawhi Leonard, as it was his personality and fire that eventually led him to become one of the best defenders this game has ever seen. Keep enlightening us with your wisdom, I’m sure most here are learning a lot from you they just don’t want to admit it.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how the guy named kawhileonard is arguing about fire and personality being important.

Also, after the advanced stat argument got exposed now they aren't important.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

Idk about you guys, but I’m having fun here
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1156, 1157, 1158 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1157 of 1688
Jump to: