OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi

This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Not to critique or (bleep) on your videos, I liked the video.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi

This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Na it's all good appreciate the advice. I know that's the conventional thinking. Most videos are voiced...there's a decent amount on youtube that are written though. I've tried both and I like the written personally, just my thing
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1039565968333099008?s=21 Pt. 3
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Na it's all good appreciate the advice. I know that's the conventional thinking. Most videos are voiced...there's a decent amount on youtube that are written though. I've tried both and I like the written personally, just my thing
loved those insightful vids KIROE, but I agree with 1ngr4m. I was thinking to myself while watching them, "I wish these had audio." At the very least, maybe think about adding some music like draft express used to do. The vids just shouldn't be silent imo.

Side note: guys like Dirk have had success in the past with a catapult-type shooting stroke. At this point in the game, Ingram probably has too much muscle memory invested in the 2-part stroke to completely abandon it. Other than the wasted 2 part motion, what bothers you most about his stroke? I know of you mentioned the legs and arms being out of sync last year. Hopefully he can at least fix that.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Yup. Pretty weird.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

loved those insightful vids KIROE, but I agree with 1ngr4m. I was thinking to myself while watching them, "I wish these had audio." At the very least, maybe think about adding some music like draft express used to do. The vids just shouldn't be silent imo.

Side note: guys like Dirk have had success in the past with a catapult-type shooting stroke. At this point in the game, Ingram probably has too much muscle memory invested in the 2-part stroke to completely abandon it. Other than the wasted 2 part motion, what bothers you most about his stroke? I know of you mentioned the legs and arms being out of sync last year. Hopefully he can at least fix that.

Ingram's cockback issue is a unique problem of his own because of his crazy long arms. They take longer to extend to release, so them starting from a point further back, behind his head --- takes too long -- he'll shoot on the way down.
He's trying to shoot a prototypical form, and I think super unique arms need unique forms. Like Durant. Steph on the other side of the spectrum
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Shake, bake, layuup.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
He has post moves, but as I recall he doesn't commonly back bigs down or look to seal them in the low post. When he's there, it's because various other circumstances played out. If he's playing center, I just don't see him trying to be in the post, banging against a big, while everyone else runs freely around the court. That's never been how he finds his advantages.

We'll see.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

He has post moves, but as I recall he doesn't commonly back bigs down or look to seal them in the low post. When he's there, it's because various other circumstances played out. If he's playing center, I just don't see him trying to be in the post, banging against a big, while everyone else runs freely around the court. That's never been how he finds his advantages.

We'll see.

I mean, I'm just going off of what the Lakers themselves have said about how they're going to play and how he'll be featured in the offense. The point of playing him in the post is to preserve his energy so that he isn't burning it by doing a bunch of playmaking from the perimeter. Will he play exclusively in the post? No, of course not. But he'll be there a lot, according to the Lakers. This isn't something they're exploring. It's exactly what they've said they're going to do. They didn't stockpile on playmakers for roster decoration.

If by "bigs" you're referring to traditional bigs (in terms of size), I don't think that's what the Lakers are envisioning at all for him at C or in the post. If the opposing team is dumb enough to put a big with traditional size on him, he'll take advantage of that mismatch by getting the ball in positions where he can attack off the dribble. And he'll do it as often as he can until the defense makes an adjustment. Otherwise, yes, I actually believe the Lakers when they say he'll be playing in the post a lot more than he has so far in his career.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

We'll see.

Right on, Lebron usually goes to the post against smaller players and distribues over the top. If he's against bigger, slower players, he's going to attack them off the bounce.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

I was giving some thought to this...

If you are the opposing team who do you stick on Lebron? I am putting my best wing defender on him no matter what position he starts in!

If that is the case... BI should be able to eat PF's in this league up on a nightly basis! Its going to be a mismatch every night no matter what teams decide to do( there are some teams in the league that will be able to match up..Boston, GS)

If BI can start shooting more three's and keep that same percentage (39) then he should be able to average 20ppg next year pretty easily. I really want to see him get up about 5 three's a game.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

https://pmd.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/lakers/2018/09/12/2251976/caption/1536782794882-180911_Scrimmage-2251976_1280x720.mp4
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram's shot is just fine. It's going to get better I have no worries about it. Just need him to up the volume of 3pt shooting.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I was giving some thought to this...

If you are the opposing team who do you stick on Lebron? I am putting my best wing defender on him no matter what position he starts in!

If that is the case... BI should be able to eat PF's in this league up on a nightly basis! Its going to be a mismatch every night no matter what teams decide to do( there are some teams in the league that will be able to match up..Boston, GS)

If BI can start shooting more three's and keep that same percentage (39) then he should be able to average 20ppg next year pretty easily. I really want to see him get up about 5 three's a game.
ya, this is my thinking as well. Most teams will probably want their SF defending LeBron rather than their PF. This could give Ingram some favorable matchups against 4's.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Here's a video of Ingram shooting some threes at the Lakers facility. More misses than makes.

He seems to be filling out a little bit. He doesn't really look scrawny anymore. Kuzma is noticeably thicker well.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Here's a video of Ingram shooting some threes at the Lakers facility. More misses than makes.

He seems to be filling out a little bit. He doesn't really look scrawny anymore. Kuzma is noticeably thicker well.

That vid is from last season. Scary shooting display
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

On the Jump yesterday, they were making fun of how workout videos always show the makes, how no one ever misses in the summer highlight videos.

I guess whoever was filming Ingram didn’t get the memo

Magic is going to fire whoever was filming.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
On the Jump yesterday, they were making fun of how workout videos always show the makes, how no one ever misses in the summer highlight videos.

Most NBA players make 80-90% of drill shots anyway. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJRswAn_JO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Enid Kanter makes 11 3s in a row here
I remember Zach Lowe tweeting he watched Kris Hunphries go 60-75 on 3s

Any good high school shooter will make 75% in a drill.. That’s why that vid of Ingram was disconcerting to me last year
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

zo, kcp, bi, bron, jm is a helluva defensive squad
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Most NBA players make 80-90% of drill shots anyway. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJRswAn_JO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Enid Kanter makes 11 3s in a row here
I remember Zach Lowe tweeting he watched Kris Hunphries go 60-75 on 3s

Any good high school shooter will make 75% in a drill.. That’s why that vid of Ingram was disconcerting to me last year

No doubt. I was just being facetious.

These dudes are so damn good. Even the ones we think are trash shooters hit high percentage in workouts/practice. Your Humphries example is spot on.

I saw a video recently of Javale shooting 3s...You would think he was a stretch 5. These guys are so good, especially when they are just practicing.
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

http://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/1041073685275271169

Next level haha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1162 of 1885
Jump to: