OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1396, 1397, 1398  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5590

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi


This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Not to critique or (bleep) on your videos, I liked the video.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29175

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi


This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Not to critique or (bleep) on your videos, I liked the video.


Na it's all good appreciate the advice. I know that's the conventional thinking. Most videos are voiced...there's a decent amount on youtube that are written though. I've tried both and I like the written personally, just my thing
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29175

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1039565968333099008?s=21 Pt. 3
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5566

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi


This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Not to critique or (bleep) on your videos, I liked the video.


Na it's all good appreciate the advice. I know that's the conventional thinking. Most videos are voiced...there's a decent amount on youtube that are written though. I've tried both and I like the written personally, just my thing
loved those insightful vids KIROE, but I agree with 1ngr4m. I was thinking to myself while watching them, "I wish these had audio." At the very least, maybe think about adding some music like draft express used to do. The vids just shouldn't be silent imo.

Side note: guys like Dirk have had success in the past with a catapult-type shooting stroke. At this point in the game, Ingram probably has too much muscle memory invested in the 2-part stroke to completely abandon it. Other than the wasted 2 part motion, what bothers you most about his stroke? I know of you mentioned the legs and arms being out of sync last year. Hopefully he can at least fix that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 9590

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 21620
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?

Yup. Pretty weird.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5566

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29175

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/1039519541896704006 Part 2 of my Ingram shot breakdown. Exploring the negative effects of cockback/wasted motion more in depth. More examples from this summer, and last year --- and more comparison to Kawhi


This is just my opinion ofc, but honestly (I think) if you're really looking to grow that HoopInDetail project you're working on, at some point you should get a mic and say the stuff that you put in text on the video. Die hard fans like the ones on forums will see the video regardless, but I can't see too many people being a fan of that style. It doesn't seem as professional. Getting a mic is pretty cheap too and would add a whole new dimension.

Not to critique or (bleep) on your videos, I liked the video.


Na it's all good appreciate the advice. I know that's the conventional thinking. Most videos are voiced...there's a decent amount on youtube that are written though. I've tried both and I like the written personally, just my thing
loved those insightful vids KIROE, but I agree with 1ngr4m. I was thinking to myself while watching them, "I wish these had audio." At the very least, maybe think about adding some music like draft express used to do. The vids just shouldn't be silent imo.

Side note: guys like Dirk have had success in the past with a catapult-type shooting stroke. At this point in the game, Ingram probably has too much muscle memory invested in the 2-part stroke to completely abandon it. Other than the wasted 2 part motion, what bothers you most about his stroke? I know of you mentioned the legs and arms being out of sync last year. Hopefully he can at least fix that.


Ingram's cockback issue is a unique problem of his own because of his crazy long arms. They take longer to extend to release, so them starting from a point further back, behind his head --- takes too long -- he'll shoot on the way down.
He's trying to shoot a prototypical form, and I think super unique arms need unique forms. Like Durant. Steph on the other side of the spectrum
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7484
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

Shake, bake, layuup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7484
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
He has post moves, but as I recall he doesn't commonly back bigs down or look to seal them in the low post. When he's there, it's because various other circumstances played out. If he's playing center, I just don't see him trying to be in the post, banging against a big, while everyone else runs freely around the court. That's never been how he finds his advantages.

We'll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
He has post moves, but as I recall he doesn't commonly back bigs down or look to seal them in the low post. When he's there, it's because various other circumstances played out. If he's playing center, I just don't see him trying to be in the post, banging against a big, while everyone else runs freely around the court. That's never been how he finds his advantages.

We'll see.

I mean, I'm just going off of what the Lakers themselves have said about how they're going to play and how he'll be featured in the offense. The point of playing him in the post is to preserve his energy so that he isn't burning it by doing a bunch of playmaking from the perimeter. Will he play exclusively in the post? No, of course not. But he'll be there a lot, according to the Lakers. This isn't something they're exploring. It's exactly what they've said they're going to do. They didn't stockpile on playmakers for roster decoration.

If by "bigs" you're referring to traditional bigs (in terms of size), I don't think that's what the Lakers are envisioning at all for him at C or in the post. If the opposing team is dumb enough to put a big with traditional size on him, he'll take advantage of that mismatch by getting the ball in positions where he can attack off the dribble. And he'll do it as often as he can until the defense makes an adjustment. Otherwise, yes, I actually believe the Lakers when they say he'll be playing in the post a lot more than he has so far in his career.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Judah wrote:
dao wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I’m sure in 2K Ingram can be effect at PF, he can indeed play that position eventually if he gains strength and weight.
He's probably not strong enough to defend the position. But offensively, he basically will be the PF. I imagine most teams will defend LeBron with their SF since the best perimeter defender is usually playing SF. That means Ingram will be defended by a lot of PFs this year.

LeBron will spend a lot of time in the post. It would make a lot more sense to have the bigger, stronger wing defending him.
He has post moves, but as I recall he doesn't commonly back bigs down or look to seal them in the low post. When he's there, it's because various other circumstances played out. If he's playing center, I just don't see him trying to be in the post, banging against a big, while everyone else runs freely around the court. That's never been how he finds his advantages.

We'll see.

Right on, Lebron usually goes to the post against smaller players and distribues over the top. If he's against bigger, slower players, he's going to attack them off the bounce.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 301

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I was giving some thought to this...

If you are the opposing team who do you stick on Lebron? I am putting my best wing defender on him no matter what position he starts in!

If that is the case... BI should be able to eat PF's in this league up on a nightly basis! Its going to be a mismatch every night no matter what teams decide to do( there are some teams in the league that will be able to match up..Boston, GS)

If BI can start shooting more three's and keep that same percentage (39) then he should be able to average 20ppg next year pretty easily. I really want to see him get up about 5 three's a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4635
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

https://pmd.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/lakers/2018/09/12/2251976/caption/1536782794882-180911_Scrimmage-2251976_1280x720.mp4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2062

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I think Ingram's shot is just fine. It's going to get better I have no worries about it. Just need him to up the volume of 3pt shooting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5566

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
2K has BI at PF and LeBron at SF. What?


I was giving some thought to this...

If you are the opposing team who do you stick on Lebron? I am putting my best wing defender on him no matter what position he starts in!

If that is the case... BI should be able to eat PF's in this league up on a nightly basis! Its going to be a mismatch every night no matter what teams decide to do( there are some teams in the league that will be able to match up..Boston, GS)

If BI can start shooting more three's and keep that same percentage (39) then he should be able to average 20ppg next year pretty easily. I really want to see him get up about 5 three's a game.
ya, this is my thinking as well. Most teams will probably want their SF defending LeBron rather than their PF. This could give Ingram some favorable matchups against 4's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dao
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 5566

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Here's a video of Ingram shooting some threes at the Lakers facility. More misses than makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5vzUsoj98

He seems to be filling out a little bit. He doesn't really look scrawny anymore. Kuzma is noticeably thicker well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29175

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Here's a video of Ingram shooting some threes at the Lakers facility. More misses than makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_5vzUsoj98

He seems to be filling out a little bit. He doesn't really look scrawny anymore. Kuzma is noticeably thicker well.


That vid is from last season. Scary shooting display
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6300

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

On the Jump yesterday, they were making fun of how workout videos always show the makes, how no one ever misses in the summer highlight videos.

I guess whoever was filming Ingram didn’t get the memo

Magic is going to fire whoever was filming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29175

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
On the Jump yesterday, they were making fun of how workout videos always show the makes, how no one ever misses in the summer highlight videos.

I guess whoever was filming Ingram didn’t get the memo

Magic is going to fire whoever was filming.


Most NBA players make 80-90% of drill shots anyway. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJRswAn_JO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Enid Kanter makes 11 3s in a row here
I remember Zach Lowe tweeting he watched Kris Hunphries go 60-75 on 3s

Any good high school shooter will make 75% in a drill.. That’s why that vid of Ingram was disconcerting to me last year
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3330

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

zo, kcp, bi, bron, jm is a helluva defensive squad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6300

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
On the Jump yesterday, they were making fun of how workout videos always show the makes, how no one ever misses in the summer highlight videos.

I guess whoever was filming Ingram didn’t get the memo

Magic is going to fire whoever was filming.


Most NBA players make 80-90% of drill shots anyway. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJRswAn_JO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Enid Kanter makes 11 3s in a row here
I remember Zach Lowe tweeting he watched Kris Hunphries go 60-75 on 3s

Any good high school shooter will make 75% in a drill.. That’s why that vid of Ingram was disconcerting to me last year


No doubt. I was just being facetious.

These dudes are so damn good. Even the ones we think are trash shooters hit high percentage in workouts/practice. Your Humphries example is spot on.

I saw a video recently of Javale shooting 3s...You would think he was a stretch 5. These guys are so good, especially when they are just practicing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2018
Posts: 177

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

http://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/1041073685275271169

Next level haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1396, 1397, 1398  Next
Page 1162 of 1398
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB