Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

This thread will be epic come June.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

I like that way of thinking.
If you think you are going to loose, you are going to loose.
The tank way of thinking is gone.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Praying for 45-48 wins and them playing a game on my birthday 5/12...hasn’t happened since 2012...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Praying for 45-48 wins and them playing a game on my birthday 5/12...hasn’t happened since 2012...

We can win 55-58 wins
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
This thread will be epic come June.

No matter the outcome of the season, you will be right.

--Anonymous
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
They're gonna kick butt in the season, hit full peak mode in the playoffs, take out GSW swiftly and then bulldoze Boston.

Count on it! It's gonna happen.

The 2 reasons I think your thread is legit and not the usual pipe we all smoke at the beginning of every season are these:

1. We actually have the best player in the game right now that can do pretty much everything and he's old enough to be comfortable in his own skin while also being a playmaker, guys for the most part dont mind playing with him once they get use to his expectations. when you have a player thats the best in the nba anything is possible if everyone gets on board. Dallas had prime dirk wasnt even the best player but he and that team were so dialed in and they caught a fatigued lakers team and ran thru us. granted the lakers were not a dream team like the current warriors. but dont sleep on that finals fatigue.

2. Our roster is super deep. this means that we can weather pretty much any injury storm/bug. Since we have so many play makers, one going down will not stop our show nor will it stop the current style of play we have. Zo, bron, Rondo can all push the pace if they so well please. ingram, hart, lance as good enough facilitators means we always have multiple floor generals on the court at one time. this is not normal. this is an added bonus that no other team in the nba has right now. not even gstate with their dream team. They use to have it the first year they won it when they had draymond, curry, livingston, and barbosa. play makers galore.

Usually the pipe dies with severe injuries when you have a bubble team like ours. but that wont happen this year. even if the worse thing happens and bron goes down. having rondo, mcgee, and lance on the team means we have guys with finals/championship and playoff experience. multiple guys at multiple positions that can get into the ear of the young guys. granted if bron goes down it will be an uphill battle. but even then, i wouldnt put it completely out of the possibility that its doable if the other guys are locked in. I think we actually have enough talent. now are the kids mature enough to know how/when to use their talents? probably not, but you never know.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

I kind of believe this. We know Lebron and the vets will do their thing. I think the young guns (BI, kuz, Ball, Hart) are the difference between a middling playoff team and a real contender. If they come into their own this season playing with Lebron - watch out NBA
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

splashmtn wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
They're gonna kick butt in the season, hit full peak mode in the playoffs, take out GSW swiftly and then bulldoze Boston.

The 2 reasons I think your thread is legit and not the usual pipe we all smoke at the beginning of every season are these:

1. We actually have the best player in the game right now that can do pretty much everything and he's old enough to be comfortable in his own skin while also being a playmaker, guys for the most part dont mind playing with him once they get use to his expectations. when you have a player thats the best in the nba anything is possible if everyone gets on board. Dallas had prime dirk wasnt even the best player but he and that team were so dialed in and they caught a fatigued lakers team and ran thru us. granted the lakers were not a dream team like the current warriors. but dont sleep on that finals fatigue.

2. Our roster is super deep. this means that we can weather pretty much any injury storm/bug. Since we have so many play makers, one going down will not stop our show nor will it stop the current style of play we have. Zo, bron, Rondo can all push the pace if they so well please. ingram, hart, lance as good enough facilitators means we always have multiple floor generals on the court at one time. this is not normal. this is an added bonus that no other team in the nba has right now. not even gstate with their dream team. They use to have it the first year they won it when they had draymond, curry, livingston, and barbosa. play makers galore.

Usually the pipe dies with severe injuries when you have a bubble team like ours. but that wont happen this year. even if the worse thing happens and bron goes down. having rondo, mcgee, and lance on the team means we have guys with finals/championship and playoff experience. multiple guys at multiple positions that can get into the ear of the young guys. granted if bron goes down it will be an uphill battle. but even then, i wouldnt put it completely out of the possibility that its doable if the other guys are locked in. I think we actually have enough talent. now are the kids mature enough to know how/when to use their talents? probably not, but you never know.

Get on Board!!! This is a nice mix of players and it is going to be an awesome season to WATCH at the very least!

I agree, if Bron misses games this year, Lakers keep rolling! Kuz and Beasley are going to jump at the opportunity to fill in those minutes.

My thought is that Luke should try to find a way to keep Bron under 30 mins a game in the regular season anyway.

Do you think this team as currently constructed minus Bron would go to the playoffs in the west? I think they would!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

5-8th seed. 2nd or 3rd round exit. Only in this thread would that perspective be considered pessimistic.

Who on our team besides Lebron will be an allstar this year?

GS is definitely better than us.
SAS will probably be better than us since they made the playoffs last year with one 2nd team All-NBA player and they just added another 2nd team All-NBA player to the roster.
OKC could beat us in a playoffs series as well.

Everyone else in the West is beatable come playoff time though. Including Houston. We look like a team that is better suited for playoffs as opposed to regular season.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

I dont see OKC beating us at all in a playoff series. We are deeper, have a better star, better roster, better coach and youth that have serious potential to explode this summer.

I have us 3rd seed CEMENTED.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

I'm a huge Lakers fan but even I find this...

You are in for a surprise

Facts!!!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I dont see OKC beating us at all in a playoff series. We are deeper, have a better star, better roster, better coach and youth that have serious potential to explode this summer.

Fact! People who still believe in Russ and OKC are absolutely delusional. Russ will never, never come close to winning a title. He is the most overrated gunner this league has ever seen.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Fact! People who still believe in Russ and OKC are absolutely delusional. Russ will never, never come close to winning a title. He is the most overrated gunner this league has ever seen.

I think they are trying to build a team like the Iverson Sixers.... I think they have a chance this year! The way they were playing defense last year was amazing! Another year together, and no Carmelo, that defense might be the best in the league next year. They are one of those teams every team should be scared of. I know people like to hate on Russ, and i do think there are some changes that need to be made in his game (which i am not a fan of), but he is one of the players in the league you should be scared of.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I think they are trying to build a team like the Iverson Sixers.... I think they have a chance this year! The way they were playing defense last year was amazing! Another year together, and no Carmelo, that defense might be the best in the league next year. They are one of those teams every team should be scared of. I know people like to hate on Russ, and i do think there are some changes that need to be made in his game (which i am not a fan of), but he is one of the players in the league you should be scared of.

I give Russ credit for a lot of things but I can always rely on his boneheadedness to rear its ugly head.... especially in a series. I don't see us losing to OKC. Maybe I'm a lil crazy since we havent even seen them play but I fully expect Ingram AND Kuzma to be on a different level.... and then might as well add Hart in that mix. Lonzo im a little bit skeptical about because I don't know his work ethic and there's been mystery stories around him but he was arguably our most important piece last year... a real energizer bunny. The fact that we can interchange him and Rondo and play the same pace ALL game long, it excites me greatly. We are BLOWING OKC away in playoffs.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I give Russ credit for a lot of things but I can always rely on his boneheadedness to rear its ugly head.... especially in a series. I don't see us losing to OKC. Maybe I'm a lil crazy since we havent even seen them play but I fully expect Ingram AND Kuzma to be on a different level.... and then might as well add Hart in that mix. Lonzo im a little bit skeptical about because I don't know his work ethic and there's been mystery stories around him but he was arguably our most important piece last year... a real energizer bunny. The fact that we can interchange him and Rondo and play the same pace ALL game long, it excites me greatly. We are BLOWING OKC away in playoffs.

Im with you Bruh!! Im super excited about this season.... I dont know if people really grasp how good this team is going to be... Also, really fun to watch.....

Bold Prediction:Lakers Lead the League in Scoring
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Im with you Bruh!! Im super excited about this season.... I dont know if people really grasp how good this team is going to be... Also, really fun to watch.....

Bold Prediction:Lakers Lead the League in Scoring

My brotha!! Lets go!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

With respect to the competition; Westbrook had another surgery on that right knee (#4).

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/1039949252825309184?s=21
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

And now more surgery on Russ's knee. They have absolutely no chance of anything....and no I don't fear Russ at all..if anything you can count on him to shoot his team out of any important games.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

I'd take Russ, PG13, and Steven Adams over any player on our roster not named Lebron.
They could beat us in the playoffs. Lebron can't guard everybody. Plus they're way better off now that Jerami Grant will get Melo's minutes.
Defensively, at least we could help off of Roberson in the half court.

In terms of regular season record, I could see HOU or UTAH winning more games than us. But I'm not afraid of them at all in the playoffs.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I'd take Russ, PG13, and Steven Adams over any player on our roster not named Lebron.
They could beat us in the playoffs. Lebron can't guard everybody. Plus they're way better off now that Jerami Grant will get Melo's minutes.

In terms of regular season record, I could see HOU or UTAH winning more games than us. But I'm not afraid of them at all in the playoffs.

Ingram could make you reconsider that next year... He seriously could give you the kind of impact a guy like PG does by the end of next season.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I hope you are only talking about next year! Because we got guys on this squad who's future is sooooo bright i dont know how you think you can get away with including Steven Adams on that list....lol.

Lakers fan base has more reason to be excited about this team next year than any fan base in the league!!! The reason I say that is, we have 4 young guys who we expect huge improvements from this year.... We believe we hit in the draft again with SVI and Wagner.... we added some really good vetaran depth that no other team can say they added.... [b][b]And oohhh we added the best player in the world.[/b][/b]

Last edited by lakersibleed on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Ingram could make you reconsider that next year... He seriously could give you the kind of impact a guy like PG does by the end of next season.

I hope you're right. Ingram's my favorite Laker at the moment.
I could see Kuzma or Hart making a huge leap as well this season.
But I'd have to see it first, before I rank any of them over Steven Adams. And any notion of anybody on our team not named Lebron passing Russ or PG13 this season is pure pipe.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Russ got punked badly by Rubio in the playoffs, that wasn’t a good look. He ain’t winning a ring anytime soon, not when he’s still in his prime. I could see him - if he swallows a bit of pride and ego - going to a contender later in his career as a reserve. Kinda doubt it though.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE!

You can say that again...!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Your avatar makes it impossible to disagree
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: