OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Dude looks huge, body transformation shows the commitment.

I can see why they loved him from the interviews. He’s all in.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'd really like to see us cream the Clippers in our first match with them, just to get the bad taste of the Clips out of our mouths...

I want to see Lonzo show Patrick Beverly he can't be pushed around or easily slowed down anymore.

There was a rumor that the Lakers wanted to sign Rondo last year. It's not a surprise that we did so this year. I mention that because rather than having to take the brunt of Beverley's bs last year, the Lakers would have had Rondo to counter that.

Ideally, Lonzo would have had played a year behind a vet like Rondo last year. Now they'll battle to see who starts. I'm rooting for the kid to just flat out take the position.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Are they broadcasting the scrimmage on Friday? If so when/can we watch it?
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Don't know how to post pictures in here but Hart just posted a video on his instagram in his story of Kuz's new tat. It's Bugs Bunnys hand holding a water bottle of "Kuz's secret stuff".
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

he is goingn to start
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'd really like to see us cream the Clippers in our first match with them, just to get the bad taste of the Clips out of our mouths...

I want to see Lonzo show Patrick Beverly he can't be pushed around or easily slowed down anymore.

There was a rumor that the Lakers wanted to sign Rondo last year. It's not a surprise that we did so this year. I mention that because rather than having to take the brunt of Beverley's bs last year, the Lakers would have had Rondo to counter that.

Ideally, Lonzo would have had played a year behind a vet like Rondo last year. Now they'll battle to see who starts. I'm rooting for the kid to just flat out take the position.

Not really a rumor. Magic actually came out and said it haha
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Maybe he`s put on a few pounds, but body transformation? C`mon he`s nearly the same than last year. He`ll not get an Iguodala body at 6`9

Last edited by matigol on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Mayer he`s pt on a few Pfunds, but body transformation? C`mon he`s nearly the same than last year. He`ll not get an Iguodala body at 6`9

Look at some before and after pics...it’s significant and I’m sure he is not done yet.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Mayer he`s pt on a few Pfunds, but body transformation? C`mon he`s nearly the same than last year. He`ll not get an Iguodala body at 6`9

Look at some before and after pics...it’s significant and I’m sure he is not done yet.

Anyway, I don't see a transformation. For me a transformation is a completely different body, and not a few pounds gained weight
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah wheres the proof. I need pics lads
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Anyway, I don't see a transformation. For me a transformation is a completely different body, and not a few pounds gained weight

Ok, in the process of a body transformation. Either way, he has had significant results in comparison to last season.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
matigol wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You can tell he has leaned out and looks a lot stronger and built. Muscle tone is much more noticeable and he fills out more. However, I think body transformation pertains more to K.Love in Minny or Aldridge in SA his second year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma as backup center?
That's an interesting take, Ramona.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kuzma as backup center?

It will work on offense. But Kuz isn't going to stay in front of good guards on switches. I assume good teams would target him down the stretch of a playoff game, but maybe his offense could offset what he gives up on that end.

The guy I'd really want as my small ball center is Kawhi. Unfortunately we have to wait a year.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I've seen Kuz in person twice this summer and the physical difference is noticeable.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kuzma as backup center?

I brought that up months ago as an option. Kuzma has a better standing reach than a lot of small ball 5s around the league including draymon, love and randle.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Compared Kuz body this year to last, in this thread https://twitter.com/hoopindetail/status/1038256112955404290?s=21
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Yeah wheres the proof. I need pics lads

Dang, do we have to do everything for you. Just do what we all did. Catfish Kuzma and ask for some topless photos. It's easy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
epak wrote:
Kuzma as backup center?

I brought that up months ago as an option. Kuzma has a better standing reach than a lot of small ball 5s around the league including draymon, love and randle.

So did I. The coaching staff has been raving about how much stronger he's gotten this summer. Simon said it's much harder to bump him off his spot when he catches the ball in the post. If he's really gotten that much stronger, hey, why not try it out? Go for it and see what happens.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

You figure they are going to find any way they can to get Kuzma minutes. I thought he was too frail to play center last year, but one thing about Kuzma, is he reminds me of Kobe with his determination.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Kuz Looks to Get Greedy

Quote:
Sophomore Standout Isn't Satisfied with Elite Rookie Year

We caught up with Kuzma a few weeks ahead of training camp to discuss his progress over the summer, detail his areas of focus and track his improvement in FIFA:

MT: You’ve been working right here in this building for basically the entire offseason. Did you pick up any extra motivation after free agency concluded, especially with LeBron’s decision?

Kuzma: It has, because it means we’re going to win now. Everybody, not only me, has to step it up. For me, I just want to be a great player, and that’s what it’s going to take. I’ve always been a self-motivated guy for basketball.

MT: After the season, your coaches emphasized their appreciation that, after your hot start as a scorer, you kept trying to improve your defense and other aspects of your game aside from scoring. Do you recall some of those conversations and what you were thinking?

Kuzma: I think it was after the game I had 38*, they started (messing) with me. Ha, I’m just playing. No, it was just that I was scoring the ball easily, and I feel like that’s always going to be there, and they see that too. They know how good I want to be, so in order to take those steps, it’s just making my teammates better, playing defense and trying to buy into being an all-around player. I think this summer, I took that approach to another level.

*Kuzma’s season high came at Houston on Dec. 20, when he hit 12 of 17 shots and 7 of 10 3’s to lead L.A. to one of its best wins of the season.

MT: Last year, I recall a conversation with Brandon Ingram in which he said he’d realized how difficult it is to truly play on both ends of the court, and why there are so few NBA players that can make a consistent impact on offense and defense. You feel that?

Kuzma: For me the summer has been all about my body. Just taking care of it, and really trying to be in the weight room pushing myself, so the work I’m doing now is not going to make me tired in April. Just trying to be in elite shape, getting on the track and running. The biggest thing about being a two-way player is being in shape, because like you said, it is hard to play both offense and defense (well). When guys get tired and you can keep going to that next level of cardio, that’s what I’m doing this summer.

MT: And there’s no way to truly get into NBA shape until you’ve played in the NBA and seen what it takes, I assume?

Kuzma: Yeah for sure. Until you’re a rookie, you don’t know what NBA game shape is. Summer League was different from college, and that was the first step, but that’s way different from the NBA, too. It probably took me about 15-20 games to really understand what the NBA style was, but for this year, I’ve already played 77 games. I understand what it takes to pace yourself but also play at that high level as well.

MT: What’s been the focus of your offseason regimen?

Kuzma: We’ve worked on a lot of perimeter skills and playing at the three. Last year I played the three and the four, and I’ll probably play (both) this year, but just to develop my game as a perimeter guy. Reading passes. My handling. Just working out as a guard really helps your overall game.

Click on link for the full article (Lots more Q&A's).
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah idk about Kuzma coming off the bench anymore. Im beginning to think he's going to be a fking alltime great with the way he talks and how others have talked about him
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Yeah idk about Kuzma coming off the bench anymore. Im beginning to think he's going to be a fking alltime great with the way he talks and how others have talked about him

I don’t think that’s logistically possible unless you think he takes BIs spot. Cause I highly doubt LeBron starts games at the 5.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I don’t think that’s logistically possible unless you think he takes BIs spot. Cause I highly doubt LeBron starts games at the 5.

I just dont see Kuzma accepting this role with a mindset like that "MVP".... "Rushmore". He's going to make it happen one way or another it feels like.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

I just dont see Kuzma accepting this role with a mindset like that "MVP".... "Rushmore". He's going to make it happen one way or another it feels like.

Hopefully Kuzma and everybody else learned from Randle that if you don’t accept your role, you’re gone. I love his competitiveness too but not accepting being the 6th man behind BI and the best player in the world is some premadonna stuff that is/would be unacceptable. With that said, I think he’ll finish most games and it won’t be an issue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 328, 329, 330 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 329 of 880
Jump to: