OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Man, IG already has more posts than me and (re)joined the site 10+ years after I did.

Stating a campaign to Franchise the 20k posts/10+ years guys 😁 mods??

Wow, IG is going at a Yinoma pace. These guys make me feel better about myself, if you know what I mean.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Man, IG already has more posts than me and (re)joined the site 10+ years after I did.

Stating a campaign to Franchise the 20k posts/10+ years guys 😁 mods??

Wow, IG is going at a Yinoma pace. These guys make me feel better about myself, if you know what I mean.

Yea but one is not like the other
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

ESPN the Jump’s Paul Pierce expects New Orleans to broker Anthony Davis trade to Lakers if Pelicans fare poorly

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-paul-pierce-expects-new-orleans-to-broker-anthony-davis-trade-to-lakers-if-team-fares-poorly/

Quote:
10-time All-Star Paul Pierce has just come out with a theory that will not make New Orleans Pelicans supporters happy. According to the 40-year-old former NBA champion turned basketball analysts, he strongly believes that the Pelicans will end up dealing centerpiece star Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers if the Pelicans perform below expectations in the upcoming season.

Pierce shared his bold claim on ESPN’s The Jump.

“If things don’t go well in New Orleans this year and they’re hovering around 500 or not looking like a playoff team, Boston’s going to make a run at him or the Lakers,” said Pierce.

“I guarantee you that. He will not be in New Orleans by the end of the year.

“If they’re not playing well he will not make it to All-Star weekend.”

This prediction comes at the heels of Davis’ recent break-up with long-time sports agent Thad Foucher. Rumors have began circulating that Davis intends to sign with super agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, who also happens to represent Lakers superstar LeBron James. Pierce thinks that should this come to fruition, it will only bring Davis one step closer to Hollywood.

“What better guy to do [Davis’ move to the Lakers] than Rich Paul?” claimed Pierce.

“He pretty much controls the market. Guys are running left and right to be represented by him.

“This is classic… I think there are some things in the NBA we don’t know about. Something’s brewing.”

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.

I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.

But AD did best with Mirotic who spaced the floor too.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

Losing a veteran PG who was like an extra assistant coach hurts and AD does better with a big who can space the floor next to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mirotic starts over Randle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

Losing a veteran PG who was like an extra assistant coach hurts and AD does better with a big who can space the floor next to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mirotic starts over Randle.

Yeah. I think AD/Mirotic is the better duo. Jules can backup both spots. His lack of shooting really mucks up the spacing for that team.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

Don't know about our centers. McGee is the only one that's quick enough and has good experience. If he gets injured we're stuck with a rookie and Zu. Zu is too slow and hasn't shown much on defense. Moritz looks like he can shoot OK but also looks pretty slow too guard anyone. Plus he'll be up and down all season like all rookies.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

It is going to be nice watching LJ, AD, and KL in Laker uniforms next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.

I think AD likes having the space to take his guy off the dribble more so than shooting 3s. With Jules, he will clog the lane up for AD while Mirotic is a good 3 shooter that his man will have to stay on him.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

That would be great to see, but who else would be on the roster to compensate for the acquisition of AD? It would have to be Ingram and Ball since they would earn the most among the young players. The Lakers would also need a team to give Deng a huge money contract to set off some of that dead cap space to help clear some more room. On top of all that, KL would have to be willing to take some sort of pay cut to fit everyone under the cap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

That would be great to see, but who else would be on the roster to compensate for the acquisition of AD? It would have to be Ingram and Ball since they would earn the most among the young players. The Lakers would also need a team to give Deng a huge money contract to set off some of that dead cap space to help clear some more room. On top of all that, KL would have to be willing to take some sort of pay cut to fit everyone under the cap.

There will be a lot of players looking to join us and help us win.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If you want AD, I don't see how we can do it b/c he's set to make 27m next year. BI + Lonzo would be the minimum that would be required and combined they make 15m. So you can use cap space to account for some of that but still a bit short and may threaten a 2019 max slot. The math is pretty close, but i would think Pels would demand BI/Lonzo/Kuz/Hart/future 1sts as a baseline (let alone what other teams could offer).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.

You don’t have to have sources to be relevant, especially considering how highly Pierce is looked upon by NBA players, he knows what players are up to.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

You don’t have to have sources to be relevant, especially considering how highly Pierce is looked upon by NBA players, he knows what players are up to.

Who is he looked upon by? And where is the basis for what he knows about players? So am i to assume that pretty much every decently well known EX-NBA player knows what every NBA player is up too? Have you heard some of the stuff Pierce says? 9 times out of 10, its some (bleep). AD to Lakers is an easy rumour and thing to say.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Does AD frequently confide with Paul Pierce? Or is this another assumption?
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Someone told me Jalen Rose said "Kawhi is a lock for not coming to Lakers" and that this must be true because he was the first to say that he wanted out of Spurs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

I think AD likes having the space to take his guy off the dribble more so than shooting 3s. With Jules, he will clog the lane up for AD while Mirotic is a good 3 shooter that his man will have to stay on him.

I can see Jules playing the 5 for them and have both AD/Mirotic play the stretch 4s... this could work for them
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Who is he looked upon by? And where is the basis for what he knows about players? So am i to assume that pretty much every decently well known EX-NBA player knows what every NBA player is up too? Have you heard some of the stuff Pierce says? 9 times out of 10, its some (bleep). AD to Lakers is an easy rumour and thing to say.

I mean everyone can predict stuff, but being a former NBA player he knows more then do and that’s my point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:

I can see Jules playing the 5 for them and have both AD/Mirotic play the stretch 4s... this could work for them

You're missing the point though. AD seemed to flourish more when his counterpart spaced the floor (Mirotic). Boogie independently is a monster on offense, but seemed to take away floor spacing as he likes to ISO and have the ball in his hands (and he's a much better shooter than Jules).

Jules gives some athleticism and ball handling abilities, but will also cramp the floor for AD.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Someone told me Jalen Rose said "Kawhi is a lock for not coming to Lakers" and that this must be true because he was the first to say that he wanted out of Spurs.

He also said Lebron was staying with the Cavs a day or two before Lebron decided.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 45 of 8560
Jump to: