Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Wrong player, wrong era.

Yes, I defended him back in the day. Time to move on
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Josh Smith also worked out at the Lakers facility, but Bynum might actually try auditioning for the Lakers since he has close ties with the Organization.

what happened to you? earlier you would be happy if a moving body was mentioned with the lakers.

now its exactly opposite

When was I happy about a Lakers move? I mentioned that the Lakers have a offer for Crawford.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Can he still sit on a bench and grow hair?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

I remember in 08 or 09, after a game, Tim Duncan was raving about him and he asked how old was Bynum, and the reporter said 21 and Duncan said, "That's just not fair." The future was so bright.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Remember when Mitch Kupchak said to Kobe in 2007, "Can you imagine how good Bynum will be in 10 years?"

Well it's been about 10 years. Now is his time.
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I saw him at Whole Foods last year, looked really in shape and chill. All those knee injuries, years on painkillers and the pressure to be healthy must have been rough. I hope he gets another chance somewhere if not here.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Does the Lakers practice facility have an ATM?
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Can he still sit on a bench and grow hair?

In limited minutes, yes.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Trivia Time:

What does Andrew Bynum, Lonzo Ball and ME have in common?

ANSWER: The same birthday! Coming up next month on October 27th
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

needs 4 more rings to match Kareem.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Has ONE career three point shot...!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Remember when Mitch Kupchak said to Kobe in 2007, "Can you imagine how good Bynum will be in 10 years?"

Well it's been about 10 years. Now is his time.

I was told it takes a big man 10 years to develop his lungs so now might be the right time. Not sure about the mushy muscles though. Could be 11 years.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
RobinInHood wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
No doubt Bynum had skill. He proved that, but health and attitude is what plagued this guy and the reason he dropped out of the league.

He has motivation to play for the first time in his career, why? Why all of a sudden does he really want to play? Hmmm...money, perhaps?

Sure, bring him in, let him shoot with the boys. Like I said, I wouldn't give this guy a roster spot unless he is 1) proven healthy and 2) has had a big attitude adjustment in the past 5-6 years.

No doubt that **somebody** on the Lakers' staff watched the workout. There sure are a lot of windows above the courts. So, at least in my mind, he just had a very informal workout with the Lakers. If we don't hear something surprising in the next couple of days, the Lakers have probably passed (which is what should be expected).

You hit the nail on the head.

Somebody saw it, and if there was anything to like, he might get an official workout. We hear nothing in a week, that ship most likely sailed.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Yes please. Especially if he’s healthy. Andrew has a nastiness to his game that this team is missing. I think magic would like him too. We’re missing a big man so a training camp invite at the minimum would be great. Let’s see how he plays...won’t lie he looks in shape
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Btw when the game slows down in the playoffs and lebron needs a breather, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to have a guy that can go get you a bucket in the post. Who’s gonna stop him in today’s nba?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

The team has already stated that they like the flexibility of leaving the final roster spot open, so it seems unlikely that they would sign him unless he impresses them so much that they don't even want to risk another team swooping in and snatching him up. I'd be surprised if that happened, though. I could see them walking away impressed, but not enough to sign him. Assuming no other team picks him up, he could still be an option later if the Lakers become convinced that JaVale and Zubac aren't cutting it at C, or if one of them gets hurt. He'd have a very, very high mountain to climb to even surpass Zubac on the depth chart.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Btw when the game slows down in the playoffs and lebron needs a breather, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to have a guy that can go get you a bucket in the post. Who’s gonna stop him in today’s nba?

They would've just kept Brook if something like that was going to be the measuring stick. This team has multiple guys, namely wings, who are capable "bucket getters" outside of LeBron. You don't need a big guy to dump the ball to down low in the post if you're in dire need of a basket. I get where you're coming from, but that's just not the way teams think anymore.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Yooo I want this to happen so lakerdude from lakerstopbuzz can start staning again ahah
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

This to me is the one negative aspect I have heard all offseason, even the remote possibility that Bynum could play with the Lakers.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I remember in 08 or 09, after a game, Tim Duncan was raving about him and he asked how old was Bynum, and the reporter said 21 and Duncan said, "That's just not fair." The future was so bright.

That’s funny cuz I remember Kobe having a different take about Bynum. Something like ship his as out
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Does the Lakers practice facility have an ATM?

Maybe he got a 2 yr Lakers membership at Costco?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

Remember the last time a big man was away from the game for a few years due to knee issues, came back and contributed to a team in a meaningful way?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The team has already stated that they like the flexibility of leaving the final roster spot open, so it seems unlikely that they would sign him unless he impresses them so much that they don't even want to risk another team swooping in and snatching him up. I'd be surprised if that happened, though. I could see them walking away impressed, but not enough to sign him. Assuming no other team picks him up, he could still be an option later if the Lakers become convinced that JaVale and Zubac aren't cutting it at C, or if one of them gets hurt. He'd have a very, very high mountain to climb to even surpass Zubac on the depth chart.
they could sign him for chips and dip. so in the event we do make a trade and we are taking 1 extra person back. we can easily buy him out of his small amt of cash or buy out the other extra person if they're not worth much. so this isnt a deterrent. because we would only sign him for a one year deal if we signed him at all. I would hit drew with some 10 dayers to be honest with you. every 10 days we check on those knees. lol. if they're good. you get another 10 days. if not. hey..its been a good ride.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Judah wrote:
they could sign him for chips and dip. so in the event we do make a trade and we are taking 1 extra person back. we can easily buy him out of his small amt of cash or buy out the other extra person if they're not worth much. so this isnt a deterrent. because we would only sign him for a one year deal if we signed him at all. I would hit drew with some 10 dayers to be honest with you. every 10 days we check on those knees. lol. if they're good. you get another 10 days. if not. hey..its been a good ride.

A 10 day contract makes sense too. But you can't sign a player to a 10 day contract continuously throughout a season. You can only do it twice. After the second one you have to lock him up for the rest of that season.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Judah wrote:

A 10 day contract makes sense too. But you can't sign a player to a 10 day contract continuously throughout a season. You can only do it twice. After the second one you have to lock him up for the rest of that season.

lol i know i was half joking. but being serious. i would literally hit him with multiple 10 days. if he survives that 2nd one. then we sign him for the remainder of the year. Its not about him proving himself as a player. its 100% about those knees.

I'm not worried about his stamina. once an athlete, always an athlete. he isnt old and he hasnt played in years. he has more miles left in him then many guys without knee issues. its just that those knees were in the red like he was 80 years old. the rest of his body is probably a basketball 25 year old. So if by some miracle someone turned back the odometer on his knees. He would be a laker for the remainder of the season.

Look at our centers.

Mcgee- can't play long mins due to asthma
Zu-we aint sure yet
mo Wags-to early to tell.

So it wouldnt hurt to have another big logging 15 mins. especially a big that is as skilled as drew and plays defense in the paint and has rings(dont forget that. he knows what it takes to win it all. he also knows what it takes to play alongside a legend and other top tier players.)

Imagine how good Zu could get working out with Mcgee-hyper athletic long big and Drew( super skilled, strong big.) It could make Zu a much better player to be honest.

I might keep drew around for that if nothing else. with drew's skills. he could easily be a big man coach. now i know, i know its too early for that. but if he realized its a wrap there is no coming back but he wanted to stay close to the game. give back what you know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: