Botham Jean Shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.

Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

so this was pre-meditated?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Yeah, the noise complaint version would be worse for her b/c there would be some intent and as AH said, would be murder.

That's why she may be spinning it as "I was tired," "I gave him commands (in his own abode)," blah blah.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.

My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.

Right, if so, even worse. B/c there would be an element of pre-meditation/intent.

Plus, doing so while wearing her PD uniform and with her PD-issued service weapon makes it worse as she is using her position to threaten/influence a citizen (official misconduct, etc.).
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Right, if so, even worse. B/c there would be an element of pre-meditation/intent.

Plus, doing so while wearing her PD uniform and with her PD-issued service weapon makes it worse as she is using her position to threaten/influence a citizen (official misconduct, etc.).

Oh yeah, that is how I see it. It will be interesting to see what comes to light down the road. Such a shame.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The lawyer for the Jean family said Guyger's key card was found near the front door to Jean's apartment. If these electronic locks record successful and unsuccessful attempts to unlock the door like hotel locks, I'd think they should be able to confirm the part of her story that she put her key card in the lock before entering.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
The lawyer for the Jean family said Guyger's key card was found near the front door to Jean's apartment. If these electronic locks record successful and unsuccessful attempts to unlock the door like hotel locks, I'd think they should be able to confirm the part of her story that she put her key card in the lock before entering.

If her key card was found by the door that would evidence her thinking she was at her apartment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Crime-scene evidence from Botham Jean’s apartment supports Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger’s account that she shot Jean from across the room as she stood inside his apartment door, two law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the case told The Dallas Morning News.

The two shell casings were found just inside the door, indicating that's where Guyger stood when she fired her gun, one official said.

That official said there was no blood by the door to indicate that's where Jean was shot. There was "a small amount along the paramedics' route with Botham.

"But that was mostly outside the apartment," the official said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/13/evidence-botham-jeans-home-supports-officer-amber-guygers-account-shot-across-room-officials-say
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I doubt it. There’s no reason to think that she went to the apartment planning to shoot the guy.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Because of course they did.

https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249/photo/1
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Has anyone checked to see if he had a prescription?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Why did they search the victim's apartment??
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

I think if they didn't have a warrant it would fall under Illegal Search and Seizure. Not that it would matter. They've accomplished their mission, discredit the victim.

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Has anyone checked to see if he had a prescription?

Seriously?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I wonder if he opened the door for her. If so, that was his fatal mistake.
If she broke in and the cops are covering it up. Than there was nothing Botham could've done. He was screwed from the jump.

Isn't that crazy. Opening the door to your own abode and being gunned down by a police officer.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Especially in Texas.

If you are black, and you expect law enforcement to treat you with lawful decency. You're betting your life on that expectation.
If a cop banged on my door right now. I wouldn't open it. If they said they had a warrant. I'd ask them to slip it under the door.
And I'd take a pic and send it to a lawyer friend of mine to make sure it was real. And I have nothing illegal in my residence.
If they want to kill me and plant drugs or whatever in my place. They're gonna have to break down the door first. And I'll be on my phone recording the whole thing.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dominator wrote:

I think if they didn't have a warrant it would fall under Illegal Search and Seizure. Not that it would matter. They've accomplished their mission, discredit the victim.

Why wouldn't the police be in the apartment? Jean was killed inside the apartment so it's the crime scene.

The weed was reported to have been found on the kitchen counter. Not that it matters. It doesn't do much of anything to discredit Jean. There's no disputing he's an innocent victim. The only question is whether Guyver's story about it being an accident matters.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

It's a crime scene. Why wouldn't they search it? The better question is why this information is being provided to the media.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dominator wrote:

It's a crime scene. Why wouldn't they search it? The better question is why this information is being provided to the media.

I think we all know
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

.. every dead person the police find has crack sprinkled on them..

Quote:

10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags

I personally wouldn't let my fellow officer out on bail after this event.

Let her story be legit

She is obviously easily deranged after work. She also killed the man who did not threaten her in any way whatsoever

Read she entered and saw a figure from afar and killed it.

His last words were heard

"Oh my God. Why did you do this?"

She is psychologically unfit to be free... no matter how much bail.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
tox wrote:
In college, two times I took the wrong floor to my apartment/dorm room and ended up knocking on some random dorm instead of my own. I wasn't even drunk, just distracted (on my phone) and got off the elevator on someone else's exit instead of mine. Since the layouts are identical across floors, I ended up at the wrong door.

I don't think this part of the story (i.e. not including any other facts) is implausible. Based on this, I also think her first story that Omar posted ("she was at the door and her key wouldn't work and he opened the door and BLAM") is by far the most likely story.

Oh, it is plausible that she could have walked to the wrong door. The implausible part is that the door was conveniently ajar, that the occupant was sitting inside in the dark with no lights at all, that she did not flip on a light switch or something, but that she could see the guy well enough to shoot him.

Right, she's definitely lying somewhere.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Why wouldn't the police be in the apartment? Jean was killed inside the apartment so it's the crime scene.

The weed was reported to have been found on the kitchen counter. Not that it matters. It doesn't do much of anything to discredit Jean. There's no disputing he's an innocent victim. The only question is whether Guyver's story about it being an accident matters.

You're right. I didn't think CSI.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

MJ in the kitchen is just as relevant as having milk in the fridge. Has nothing to do with the case. Police department trying to dirty up the victim's name now. It will get worse.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Yes, so now the truth is coming out.

This cop (who had already shot someone before on duty) apparently was trying to play cop on the apartment complex with her gun.

Charge her with Murder 2 and be done with it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11
Jump to: