OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Yeah idk about Kuzma coming off the bench anymore. Im beginning to think he's going to be a fking alltime great with the way he talks and how others have talked about him

I don’t think that’s logistically possible unless you think he takes BIs spot. Cause I highly doubt LeBron starts games at the 5.

I just dont see Kuzma accepting this role with a mindset like that "MVP".... "Rushmore". He's going to make it happen one way or another it feels like.

Quote:
They know how good I want to be, so in order to take those steps, it’s just making my teammates better, playing defense and trying to buy into being an all-around player

Kuzma wont start over Ingram or Lebron
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Yeah idk about Kuzma coming off the bench anymore. Im beginning to think he's going to be a fking alltime great with the way he talks and how others have talked about him

I don’t think that’s logistically possible unless you think he takes BIs spot. Cause I highly doubt LeBron starts games at the 5.

I just dont see Kuzma accepting this role with a mindset like that "MVP".... "Rushmore". He's going to make it happen one way or another it feels like.

Quote:
They know how good I want to be, so in order to take those steps, it’s just making my teammates better, playing defense and trying to buy into being an all-around player

Kuzma wont start over Ingram or Lebron

If Luke says KUZ starts then its BI who needs to accept the role of coming of the bench. I think KUZ is more suited for that role but... if they ask BI to come off the bench I wonder how he would react. Either way they will probably average the same amount of minutes and hopefully they both have all-star type years!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Miles Simon (@milessimon) Tweeted:
Great article. @kylekuzma works as hard as anyone I’ve been around. His dedication this offseason has been tremendous to see https://twitter.com/milessimon/status/1040363511833026561?s=17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Great article. @kylekuzma works as hard as anyone I’ve been around. His dedication this offseason has been tremendous to see https://twitter.com/milessimon/status/1040363511833026561?s=17

Not intended to spark a debate abut our young players but this is the reason I have an affinity for Kuzma more so than the others (Hart and BI come after Kuz followed by Zo).. this kid just wants it more so than most.

He's constantly seeking out ways to improve from asking Rob to set up a dinner with Kobe, to watching film with Rondo, to going down and working out with Kobe, getting work out tips from The Rock, etc. You can tell he's clearly studied how the greats approach their craft and he's leaving no stone unturned in his quest to become a great.

Again , not to make this about the other young guys because maybe they're doing it with out the publicity but I've yet to hear this level of dedication from the others. Kuzma seems to be approaching improvement from a physical, mental, and skill level. Working with Rondo is something that will immensely help anybody who wants to improve....

Can't wait to watch him this year. 20+ per game IMO

Last edited by 2019 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
32 wrote:

Not intended to spark a debate abut our young players but this is the reason I have a affinity for Kuzma more so than the others (Hart and BI come after Kuz followed by Zo).. this kid just wants it more so than most.

He's constantly seeking out ways to improve from asking Rob to set up a dinner with Kobe, to watching film with Rondo, to going down and working out with Kobe, working on his body, etc. You can tell he's clearly studied how the greats approach their craft and he's leaving no stone unturned in his quest to become a great.

Again , not to make this about the other young guys because maybe they're doing it with out the publicity but I've yet to hear this level of dedication from the others. Kuzma seems to be approaching improvement from a physical, mental, and skill level. Working with Rondo is something that will immensely help anybody who wants to improve....

There's so much to love about Kuzma, it's tough since we constantly compare him to BI who is a workhorse himself and brings a different skill set to the table. It's a great problem to have.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
32 wrote:

Not intended to spark a debate abut our young players but this is the reason I have an affinity for Kuzma more so than the others (Hart and BI come after Kuz followed by Zo).. this kid just wants it more so than most.

He's constantly seeking out ways to improve from asking Rob to set up a dinner with Kobe, to watching film with Rondo, to going down and working out with Kobe, getting work out tips from The Rock, etc. You can tell he's clearly studied how the greats approach their craft and he's leaving no stone unturned in his quest to become a great.

I think that's the case in this situation. Josh Hart killed it in the summer league. Dude basically had to fight to play all the games he did. He put in work and wanted to show what he could do.

Ingram has never really been on social media like Kuzma.

Damian Lillard put it best methinks. Its been a long summer tho -- I get it. The off-season is almost over!!!
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I mean I never once said Kuzma should replace LeBron, so I dont know it keeps getting brought up. Kuzma will force the coach to play him. And let me ask you all this.... when has a player that has that mindset like Kuzma ever been willing to come off the bench? And not in the cancer sense like "Kuzma would come off the bench cause hes a team player", Im talking about which star, which hall of famer, during his formative years / going into his prime with a mindset like Kuz... trying to achieve only the best would be happy coming off the bench. His work and skills and ultimately the outcome of who he is as a player has me thinking that he'll force coaches to find him time... A LOT of time. Maybe he doesn't start, but he'll play the most minutes with the way he's rolling. AND I'M TEAM INGRAM if you were to ask me which player I'm rooting for more.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to see a lineup of Lonzo - Josh Hart - Ingram - LeBron - Kuzma.

Like..... I dont remember the last time I was this intrigued and excited about potential lineups.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I can't wait to see a lineup of Lonzo - Josh Hart - Ingram - LeBron - Kuzma.

Like..... I dont remember the last time I was this intrigued and excited about potential lineups.

So many intriguing lineup options... I would love to see Luke run out a Bench Mob... Like a whole bench lineup for 10 minutes a game...

I would love to see a game of starter vs bench... I think the starters would win... but it would be a good game to watch
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

You guys are in for a surprise, I said it and will say it again. There is no way our 2nd best scorer comes off the bench. NO WAY.

BI is not coming off the bench.

It will either be KcP or Lonzo. Most likely lonzo because Ingram and Lebron can run the offense.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
You guys are in for a surprise, I said it and will say it again. There is no way our 2nd best scorer comes off the bench. NO WAY.

It will either be KcP or Lonzo. Most likely lonzo because Ingram and Lebron can run the offense.

Unless it's injury related, Lonzo is not coming off the bench, man.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
watchME wrote:

Unless it's injury related, Lonzo is not coming off the bench, man.
few more weeks to see, man.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

True enough. Just remember that the Lakers have a much, much higher view of Lonzo than you do. And that kinda matters.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo not coming off the bench. One of the Lakers biggest priorities is grooming Lonzo to be a top 10 PG.. demoting him and playing him against 2nd units doesn’t align with that building process.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Man the more and more I think about it and hear about Kuzma. KOBE fricken said this guy looks very good. Kobe ain't no liar like that. Kuzma might have a historical season, DARE I SAY IT???
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I mean I never once said Kuzma should replace LeBron, so I dont know it keeps getting brought up. Kuzma will force the coach to play him. And let me ask you all this.... when has a player that has that mindset like Kuzma ever been willing to come off the bench? And not in the cancer sense like "Kuzma would come off the bench cause hes a team player", Im talking about which star, which hall of famer, during his formative years / going into his prime with a mindset like Kuz... trying to achieve only the best would be happy coming off the bench. His work and skills and ultimately the outcome of who he is as a player has me thinking that he'll force coaches to find him time... A LOT of time. Maybe he doesn't start, but he'll play the most minutes with the way he's rolling. AND I'M TEAM INGRAM if you were to ask me which player I'm rooting for more.

Kuzma's playing time will come down to his defense. He got better last year as the season went along but he started from a very low point. Hopefully he makes a leap in defensive proficiency this year.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Man the more and more I think about it and hear about Kuzma. KOBE fricken said this guy looks very good. Kobe ain't no liar like that. Kuzma might have a historical season, DARE I SAY IT???

Settle down, man lol. This is the kind of talk that makes fans sour on players extra quick if they don't fulfill those expectations. I wouldn't put a ceiling on Kuz or anything. Guy is good and is going to keep getting better. But let's slow down at least a little bit here
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Settle down, man lol. This is the kind of talk that makes fans sour on players extra quick if they don't fulfill those expectations. I wouldn't put a ceiling on Kuz or anything. Guy is good and is going to keep getting better. But let's slow down at least a little bit here

IM ALL IN. Kuzma's mentality makes me believe.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobe on Kuz. Assuming it's about their recent workouts

Quote:
“Dude, he looks great, man. He’s got good rhythm, he has the ability do disassociate movements, which gives him a fluidity when he plays. But he can shoot the ball, he’s worked on his midrange game a lot, post up game looks strong so I’m looking forward to him having a good year.”

Start at 2:00 . This shot just isn’t conducive with Kuzma’s form. I hope Kobe isn’t trying to get him to shoot it more. It’s more conducive with over the head forms + elevation. Kobe, MJ, Bron..all nail this shot. Ball comes out from the mid of Kuz’ forhead and pretty OUTWARD, Kuz doesnt have the highest release or much arc, most of the time (his arc was better in Summer League) — that’s fine cuz high release point is traded for quickness - if you start your release at a point 10inches in the air, that’s quicker than starting your release at a point 13inches in the air..you see

But I’ve never seen someone so bad at this shot, it just doesn’t mesh with his form. Last era had more over the head forms and this shot was more common among wings. Low% shot anyway, don’t get him shooting this, Kobe .

A lot of misses here too

bron lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobe on Kuz. Assuming it's about their recent workouts

Quote:
“Dude, he looks great, man. He’s got good rhythm, he has the ability do disassociate movements, which gives him a fluidity when he plays. But he can shoot the ball, he’s worked on his midrange game a lot, post up game looks strong so I’m looking forward to him having a good year.”

Start at 2:00 . This shot just isn’t conducive with Kuzma’s form. I hope Kobe isn’t trying to get him to shoot it more. It’s more conducive with over the head forms + elevation. Kobe, MJ, Bron..all nail this shot. Ball comes out from the mid of Kuz’ forhead and pretty OUTWARD, Kuz doesnt have the highest release or much arc, most of the time (his arc was better in Summer League) — that’s fine cuz high release point is traded for quickness - if you start your release at a point 10inches in the air, that’s quicker than starting your release at a point 13inches in the air..you see

But I’ve never seen someone so bad at this shot, it just doesn’t mesh with his form. Last era had more over the head forms and this shot was more common among wings. Low% shot anyway, don’t get him shooting this, Kobe .

A lot of misses here too

bron lol

? Bron had the hottest streak with this shot that we’ve seen since Kobe, in last year’s playoffs. He made like 5 in a row of the craziest difficulty in a game

Edit: but yes of course Kobe and MJ shot it way more over their careers

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Judah wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

IM ALL IN. Kuzma's mentality makes me believe.

Okay, why not? GO KUUUUUZ!
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

Interview w/ Kuz

https://streamable.com/lfd7a
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject:

Hyped for the season. Can't wait to see how much the young guys improved especially Kuz
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Hyped for the season. Can't wait to see how much the young guys improved especially Kuz

--Anonymous
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

I really don't care whether Kuz starts or not, as long as he plays 30-32mpg and finishes games.

I believe our go-to line up will be 2 of Lonzo, Rondo, KCP (depending on match ups and performance) + Ingram, Kuzma, LeBron. Eventually, a big like Zubac might come in for specific match ups, then, who's playing better between BI and Kuz, stays.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 329, 330, 331 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 330 of 880
Jump to: